• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

One in four chances of finding work in Canada

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Vancouver might be unafforadable but its only 1 city in Canada with other cities with affordable housing while in Australia - everything is unaffordable!

Yes. To Singaporeans, Australia is very expensive now. A bit like the 1970s when Singaporeans come here.

But if you are from China, Australia is affordable. Even the local Uniting Church in rich suburbs like NEDLANDS have Sunday Services in Chinese.

axe168

Alfrescian
Loyal
Vancouver might be unafforadable but its only 1 city in Canada with other cities with affordable housing while in Australia - everything is unaffordable!

Africa is affordable.. hurry ! go stay there.. haha.. talking to you i have to use lesser brain cells..

Hock

Alfrescian
Loyal
NZ is inexpensive and good. NZ is good for someone who loves
nature. Bay of Islands, Picton, Auckland, Wellington, Milford Sound,
........fond memories...

Don Muthuswamy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Subsidized Housing in Toronto

This will be my last response.

Who is talking about wealthy Singaporeans who do not need subsidized housing? That was prove that there are subsidized housing where tenants pay rent geared to income, in the context of residents in Canada.

Given the choice, an immigrant would rather be earning $60,000 or moer a year. But there are recent immigrants or those who became unemployed who may need downward protection.

The quality of subsidized housing varies. The apartments near Queen and Parliament Streets are average, but I know of a couple who pays $300.00 a month for a one-bedroom apartment, because the husband returned to school. That apartment is in a regular high rise, with a fitness club, sauna, and 25 m heated indoor pool, where the Toronto Housing Community pays the difference between the market rent and the $300, to the landlord.

Wow!!!! An apartment in Canada with fitness club, swimming pool and indoor pool for just $300 a month???? Seems like the Canadian government is really very generous. So going by this, even people on dole should be able to afford this kind of house. As such, there should not be any homeless people in Canada. :biggrin:

wendypoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
Health care in Canada is good

What is good when you risk getting hepatitis and HIV after a hospital stay?

4546569649_0c0da3e1b4_o.jpg

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
What is good when you risk getting hepatitis and HIV after a hospital stay?

I have been hospitalised in both Canada and Singapore and believe me the experience is very different between the 2 countries.

In Spore you have many nurses from 3rd world countries. The quality of these nurses vary greatly. I suspect the ones with the experience are able to move on to 1st world countries like Canada, Australia,...

These 3rd world nurses can ignore the patients messes(e.g. bed wetting) & leave it for the other shift to take care. Can you imagine the hygiene problems:eek:

While in Canada, the nurses are seasoned veterans, some have a degree. They are very competent & more importantly they see nursing as a viable occupation. The nurses in Spore are not paid well & once they get enough experience they move on to better things elsewhere. There's a shortage of nurses in countries like Canada, Australia, USA,.. so the experienced nurses are welcomed in those countries.

Dole43

Alfrescian
Loyal
According to this news, only 24% of the people who immigrated to Canada found jobs that matched their education. That's means the rest ended up doing blue collar jobs like storeboy, taxi drivers or MacDonalds. The reality is that foreign qualifications are not well received in Canada :(

4388574877_e9c172cc94_o.jpg

Look in the sg gov directory and see whether 1:4 of the directors work in jobs that match their education. I'll bet you will mostly find too many military men and scholars managing departments and functions that has no bearing whatsoever to their original learning and training. Some even hit jackpot and get invited into a GRC and become your future MP.

Also, are the odds better than 1:4 for people above 40 and out of work being able to find new work in jobs that match their education? Think about it.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Also, are the odds better than 1:4 for people above 40 and out of work being able to find new work in jobs that match their education? Think about it.

Got many 40+ taxi drivers with degrees in Spore. Many of them were replaced by cheap foreigners.

I'm sure many of them will vote for the opposition in the next elections:smile:

maozedong

Alfrescian
Loyal
hi wendy

i dunno why u r so anti-canada.

every country has its problems, including singapore.

i do agree that if you are ambitious and want to make a lot of money very fast, you shouldn't be in canada or australia.
u should be in China or HK or even Singapore. u can also go to USA -- in spite of what's happening in US now, US is still a land of opportunities (note 'a' and not 'the').

i've been in vancouver and toronto and i love both cities.
vancouver is beautiful (including richmond) but it is also a strange place -- beautiful houses and scenery but there are not much industries or commence -- it looks like a holiday resort -- a place for the filthy rich to play and relax, and park their money, i.e. buy a house for vacation or retirement use.

i prefer toronto. it is the financial capital of canada, and if i am not wrong, is the biggest commodities trading center in the world -- and commodity is the big thing in the near future. and canada has one of the most stable and conservative banking system in the world.

the streets of downtown toronto looked safe to me, and i wasn't afraid to walk alone in the middle of the night -- something which i wouldn't dare to do in the USA. USA has a lot of places which are very dangerous. USA doesn't feel as safe as Canada to me. (well, you could argue Singapore is safer than Canada - but Canada is safe enough for me).

Last edited:

wendypoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
Well, not only you have to eat in fear in restaurants, now you have to drive in fear because you don't know who's going to flag you down.

4693182725_e3ecd0cafa_b.jpg

wendypoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not only you have to deal with one in four chance of getting a job, you have to deal with earthquakes. So you think you can escape the earthquake in Vancouver, by going to Ontario or Toronto? No, it is going to come after you!

4732256420_6fe0437234_b.jpg

wendypoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
Besides of having a one in four chances of finding work in Canada, this is what the Canadians think of immigrants!

4739251994_9f060c18e7.jpg

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
the streets of downtown toronto looked safe to me, and i wasn't afraid to walk alone in the middle of the night -- something which i wouldn't dare to do in the USA. USA has a lot of places which are very dangerous. USA doesn't feel as safe as Canada to me. (well, you could argue Singapore is safer than Canada - but Canada is safe enough for me).

I think this Wendy Poh is working for the PAP gov't . How else has she's got so much time to post all these one sided propaganda :confused:

For those who have been to Canada, they can't help by being impressed with what it has to offer. Had a Spore colleague who thought I was exaggerating about my experiences in Canada but after she returned from her holiday in Canada she's as enthusiastic about the place :biggrin:

Spore got alot of problems now :(

Other than the murders, suicides, even a pedestrian walking on a pedestrian walkway is at risk of being run over by bicyclist from PRC, India,...

You're likely to get flooded out even in Orchard Rd, Braddel Rd, Macpherson,... If you are a car owner just imagine the cost of the repairs.