• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Old man with 5 Down Syndrome kids receive help. Seriously how do these ppl think?

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is a sensitive subject but the reality is that is an issue that has plagued the Malay community long before the British came along. Mahathir has also written a book about it. In their case it is not an age related as the mum was 24 when she had the first child. It is a known issues that continues.

Let me put out some insights that i gathered on this in the past. The community allows marriages to occur in the hope there is some sort of family normalcy for those affected. Typically older men or widowers take on the young females as partners as well as those of similar condition are paired.

The only amazing thing is that unlike any other communities they are not passed on to a home or care facility. They continue to live with their families and are looked after very well. They are also not hidden away but are brought out on family outings.

The community elders should not pretend that this is a one off. There should be counselling and intervention.

watchman8

Alfrescian
Loyal
To all those left wing bleeding heart liberals,,people like u have fuck up ang mor land supporting people who do not deserve to breed and creating an underclass that forever must feed with no economic benefits,,open your eyes to see how much strain it causes the working class to feed the under class. If u want to help them go ahead and use your own resources,,but if others dont want to contribute dont force them,,,like those assholes in ang mor land.

Eugenics is a fact,,,and a science..so dont diss it. The world is shit enough,,dont make it worse by making the gene pool worse..
Great, then PAP should have continued with the graduate mother scheme. Too bad people like you slipped through the crack, as LKY ought to have forced your parents to abort you because they are either non grad, poor or have anything that is inferior to perfect specimens like the Leegime.

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The graduate mothers scheme on paper is a good idea,,but LKY fucked it up,,it should be called Middle class benefits scheme,,in which the middle class are given incentives to breed where as the underclass who cant support even themselves be discouraged from breeding. In Ang mor lands,,where by the underclass are given incentives and state support,,all you see are trailer park trash breeding and be a parasite to the others in society,,this is a fact,,,and these under class are surviving based on hand outs,,at the expense to the middle class.

But since you are someone who has no social responsibilities,,I bet this is the policy you wish LKY implemented..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TvRR-lERn1s&feature=g-high

Great, then PAP should have continued with the graduate mother scheme. Too bad people like you slipped through the crack, as LKY ought to have forced your parents to abort you because they are either non grad, poor or have anything that is inferior to perfect specimens like the Leegime.

watchman8

Alfrescian
Loyal
The graduate mothers scheme on paper is a good idea,,but LKY fucked it up,,it should be called Middle class benefits scheme,,in which the middle class are given incentives to breed where as the underclass who cant support even themselves be discouraged from breeding. In Ang mor lands,,where by the underclass are given incentives and state support,,all you see are trailer park trash breeding and be a parasite to the others in society,,this is a fact,,,and these under class are surviving based on hand outs,,at the expense to the middle class.

But since you are someone who has no social responsibilities,,I bet this is the policy you wish LKY implemented..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TvRR-lERn1s&feature=g-high
What utter nonsense. The grad mother scheme started in 1984, when barely 5% of women graduate from uni. It was clearly dominated by upper class. The middle class then predominantly went to poly or lower.

And do put up a few more new threads on your support for sending the poorer old folks to retire in Johor, no more hdb rental flats, forced abortion for pregnant women above 40, cancel all social safety net for poor families etc. I'm sure you can find many supporters. One day you can reveal your true identity and run for president or MP.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Some babies develop slowly, and for that generation in 1950s, particularly the poorer and less educated folks, I don't think they even know the concept of genetic problem. They may think that the first two kids are just a little slow in learning, as not all Down syndrome kids have that very distinctive look. They probably tried for third and forth kids, as was the norm in those days.

Even in today's medical world there is no clear reason why a couple gave birth to Down syndrome kid, and doctors will tell parents that so long as below 40, can still give it a shot for more. Same for autistic and many other genetic issues.

In this Malay couple, the wife was well below 40 when she gave birth, and they too care of their disabled kids on their own. Look at the case properly before passing judgment.

If sinkies can't even see the merit of this Malay couple, then they deserve the government of the day. In fact By this warped, selfish and callous logic, the PAP is perfectly right to bring in foreigners to displace lesser sinkies. Why the angst on foreigners when sinkies can't even show some sympathy to this Malay couple? Why the anger on high cost of living that cause poorer sinkies to procreate less? Shouldn't you also say that poorer or non-grad sinkies are simply not suitable/equipped to rear kids?

You need to think long term lah mr anti-china/chinese fortune teller. It's common sense right i take care of my kids when they are still kids probably well into their teens and maybe even young adulthood but later they need to take care of themselves because most likely i will die before them obviously cos i will be much older than them. That's plain commonsense. Looking at the situation at hand not only are those people not able to take care of themselves they even give problems to the neighbours. It's really stupid of you to say they took care of the kids on their own. Yeah just for the first 40 years and then they'll become a problem once they become too old to work or pass on.

Do you think of the future? Do you know of something called long term planning? Some people don't they are either too stupid or they don't care and so on and you know what once they reach retirement age they are royally screwed. Some people plan for that so once they become too old to earn their keep they have funds to take care of themselves. Similarly this applies to people that have mentally disabled kids. Some ppl would think "oh shit it seems like all my kids are retarded. I can take care of them for who knows 10-20 yrs till i'm too old to work and the die and then what happens to them afterwards? I better not have more kids." So it seems like that couple were thinking: " hey i'll live forever! i'm going to have 3 or 4 more kids and they are all mentally retarded and i can take care of them till they die cos you know i'm immortal and won't get sick or die!" :rolleyes:

Mind you it's not 1 or 2 of them but 5! And they aren't kids mind you but adults! The eldest one is 55 and from the looks of things seems like his natural life span might reach well into his 80s because the father is still alive in his 70s. Therefore the state has to provide for the 5 of them for at least an estimated 40 years. Did u read the article and see that they have attitude problems too. They fight and yell and make noise and they aren't even kids that can be more easily controlled but fully grown adults. Yeah admirable indeed to take care of those kids but not having the foresight to see that they'll die before the kids die.

watchman8

Alfrescian
Loyal
Someone just zapped me secretly. And I don't really care about this stupid point system.

Now I realize that some people here are as selfish as old man. These people truly deserve this government and the FW policies. A bunch of hypocrites who cry mother cry father when they suffer hardship, but has the compassion of a rat when they come across others who are less fortunate. Karma will catch up with them one day.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Someone just zapped me secretly. And I don't really care about this stupid point system.

Now I realize that some people here are as selfish as old man. These people truly deserve this government and the FW policies. A bunch of hypocrites who cry mother cry father when they suffer hardship, but has the compassion of a rat when they come across others who are less fortunate. Karma will catch up with them one day.

Claims he doesn't care about the point system but still cares enough to write about it. :rolleyes:

It's odd that somehow you expect others to feel sorry about the plight that they actually got themselves into.

Karma will be on you always trying to enforce your narrow minded views unto others.

Last edited:

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
U talk about compassion? u are the real left wing liberal assholes that create problems,,,u want to give compassion,,that do down and help look after those kids,,dont just come here and bark at those who talk sense..

The one thing we dont deserve but seem to get is liberals like you who talk so much about compassion, allow shit to happen, and dont give a damn about the consequences..

This family choose to have kids and this is the consequences,,why dont u go solve it?

Sentinel

Alfrescian
Loyal
Some people are simply not suitable/ready/equipped/genetically disposed to be parents. Kids didn't ask to be born. If you are not suitable, don't have them. Problem is in most cases, someone else needs to tell the unsuitable parents that they are not suitable. :mad:

It should be for ALL cases. But then, who do you think is the right party to tell them?

Sentinel

Alfrescian
Loyal
In America, this is known as pro-life and is the domain of the ultra-conservatives of the republicans. They don't accept contraceptives.

Clone

Alfrescian
Loyal
The alarm bell should start ringing after their 2nd child. But 50 years ago where got gynae to check on you on a monthly basis?

I'm no geneticist but could the inherited form of Down Syndrome be diagnosed? And what's wrong in trying for a normal baby? They gave up after 5 tries. Sad case. :(

watchman8

Alfrescian
Loyal
U talk about compassion? u are the real left wing liberal assholes that create problems,,,u want to give compassion,,that do down and help look after those kids,,dont just come here and bark at those who talk sense..

The one thing we dont deserve but seem to get is liberals like you who talk so much about compassion, allow shit to happen, and dont give a damn about the consequences..

This family choose to have kids and this is the consequences,,why dont u go solve it?
You clearly have a lot to learn and experience in life, most likely born with silver spoon like pinky. Do you spit on the old lady in hawker centre trying to sell you tissue paper? Karma will look for you.

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Whether tat family belong to Malay, Chinese, Indian or any ethnic race, they have my sympathies.

I wouldnt want to criticise or belittle them.

Even if u ppl doesnt believe in God, I am sure u ppl believe in cause and effect. Like some jamban juz mentioned. Karma!:rolleyes:

U ppl should pay a visit to MINDS.

Nothing nice to say..better dont say.

Last edited:

watchman8

Alfrescian
Loyal
The alarm bell should start ringing after their 2nd child. But 50 years ago where got gynae to check on you on a monthly basis?

I'm no geneticist but could the inherited form of Down Syndrome be diagnosed? And what's wrong in trying for a normal baby? They gave up after 5 tries. Sad case. :(
I was trying to explain this point, but quite obviously some people here are still sucking tits, and refuse to do any research to understand the circumstances even after being told to. They probably think that all the poor old folks deserved to be poor because last time they did not study hard in school, and life in sinkieland was as advanced as today back in 1960.