• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Nicole Seah's faux pas

liangshan

Alfrescian
Loyal
which role did GMS play during PE2011 then? :confused::confused::confused:

GMS told Tan Jee Say not to run. Obviously TJS didn't listen. Tan Kin Lian running wouldn't even hurt Tan Cheng Bock's votes.

Now TJS would have to think very carefully about running in Hougang BE since the "most popular" Nicole Seah just issued a warning that noone should be running in Hougang besides WP.

Last edited:

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
But you still want to campaign for her in Hougang, no? So fast forget liao?

when the roti prata is crisp on one side, it's usually common sense to flip it to the other side. it is still the same roti prata, the idea is to cook it and eat it. with curry, without curry, mutton curry, fish curry, plain sugar, plain on its own. it's still roti prata and it's good to eat it. when you're hungry and when you aren't hungry you still can eat it. eat big portion, eat small portion, you can make murtabak out of it, teloh bawang out of it, bawang prata, teloh prata, cheese prata, paper prata, mini prata, ice cream prata out of it. so versatile and so good to eat it. me love roti prata, Sir, you want some prata?

brocoli

Alfrescian
Loyal
Brocoli seems to think that NS is aiming for WP. I can't say for sure though it is unlikely to happen but while there are downsides, there are upsides. You tend to be vulnerable in a party where its potential candidates are fluid-behaving and last-minute, which unsurprisingly has always been typical of NSP and the opposition until LTK moved WP to consistency.

Hi i wun say she is aiming for WP because base on my speculation, she is not 1 who will be willing to go into WP to be an ordinary member 1st and then slog silently for yrs without reward like Ng Swee Bee....

Ia m just saying she if she has any brain, going to wp is her best hope......

she will wan some pos or influence from the get go .... like gerald did.

her style is very much against WP style of avoiding the media limelight so it will be difficult to pull the NS/WP merger off..

my point is that she realise that hazel/nsp/tjs are just empty vessels that are of no use to her yet at the same time she is trying to ingratiate herselves to opp supporters, done sucessfully..

2ndly she show that she understand that the reality that the Big 3 are much bigger than her and there is no pt trying to do little tricks , unlike Hazel, GMS and TJS.. as for whether she is trying to ingratiate herself to WP or simply to have more bargaining chips in the future, I cant say

lastly, when she issue a statement against signifying she is above her party boss, this would been a faux pas to nobody more than LTK who abhorred loose cannon and this is what she is...

NS is doing something in Macpherson, but she cannot ensure that 4 other good people will be given to her for Marine Parade.

you are out touch with ground with Macpherson... she is not doing anything there... her effort cant be compared to Tin tin at all....

if there is a 1v1 in Macpherson... she will lose and lose bad... she will get like 35% and Tin will get like 65%... by 30% margin @ least

her uncle know the limit of her appeal but i suspect the uncle doesnt know how limited... TIn Tin really has every thing covered in Macpherson

I don't think NS is aiming for WP. WP brand of politics would not appeal to her generation and that is why despite her uncle knowing LTK etc she went to RP. In fact there is a void for this sort of appeal now that KJ is self destructed. I suspect that she is waiting for another political party that fits that profile to appear. I won't be surprised if she, Jeanette and other like minded people are heading to form such a party. They however need a really strong anchor, who has appropriate standing and it cannot be TJS.

What she needs is a strong party. And that party might surface in 2016.

she can wait long long... unfortunately i think she is more realist than you ..... she has to build that party and i think its unlikely... the strong party is there ... WP ... so fart we have seen from KJ and CST example how hard it is to build a strong party .. even LTK took 10 yrs ... she just doesnt have it in her

further speculation:

she must know that she is vulernable and in political wilderness now.. her only way to be relevant or to goto the next level, is to join WP... but she will not join WP without bargaining chips

Perspective put it well...
person who makes a choice between a party that appeals to himself/herself or a party that can actually be the best vehicle to serve the people shows where your loyalty lies - yourself of the people

does she wan to serve herselves or serve herself ? but it is not exclusive... she can best serve herself by going to a party which can pull her up to greater heights....

TPL and GH came across as young females first and wannabe politicians second. Its the other way around with NSand it was wannabe either. This is despite the fact that she is the youngest.

even though she can speak better than tin tin and Glenda, they both got higher Vote% than her because party brand is more impt...

with glenda, she may be able to piggyback on Gerald and JJ next time round and may even become MP..

but with NS, in her 1st election, she already has to carry the whole NSP campaign... what a burden

No boss will want to work with a kid like that.

Kinana is at least right on this count but this assume she wan to work under some1 ... as we can now see, she will wan to be an equal partner @ least, not as a subordinate...

there are 2 scenarios under which she can sneak into WP...

WP implode... she can walk in as some1 on her own terms .. this may be 10 yrs later when both the big 2 are gone
NSP implode... she can walk out like how she walk out of RP...

the 2nd is more likely...

Dear Scroobal,

The sad fact for the WP is that for it to make any headway an alliance of sorts has to be made between the Chinese Educated and the Liberal English Educated wings. Voters are both aspirational, " voting for people who they aspire to be", inspirational " voting for people who inspire them and "relational" voting for people who are one us.

Locke

THIS IS english chinese divide is passe... how many mandarin speaking are there in WP CEC??? I would say LTK and CSM... the rest are all jiak kan tang...

the reason why Nicole will find it hard to fit is a matter of style and pride.. does she wan to a big fish in a pond or a small fish in the sea?

her uncle has to bring her in ... of cos there must be a catalyst.... of cos she will have to humble and follow orders from lilian, and the WPYW kids, can she take it?

but the problem s not just NS, WP has a problem in that it doesnt accept only people who will swallow the LTK's way or the highway

WP have broaden itself to be more accepting of alternative and not just loyalists if it wan to go to the next step... there is only so much a cult can do...

Last edited:

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
her uncle know the limit of her appeal but i suspect the uncle doesnt know how limited... TIn Tin really has every thing covered in Macpherson

Of course TPL is doing more than Nicole in MacPherson. TPL is the elected and paid MP there, backed by an army of RC and CCC. If Nicole is able to do more, then I wonder what the hell is TPL doing? Point is, many of you are falling into the trap of PAP comparison of what has PAP done and what has opposition done in a ward. Sad thing is, the older under-educateds understand this whereas it's the younger better-educateds that fall into the trap.

That's why, Nicole appreciates the works done by LTK in Hougang over two decades against all odds. I can assure you, PAP has done more over two decades in Hougang than LTK and WP, until they're so fedup with Hougang voters stubbornly voting for WP that they demolished a precinct of flats.

FYI Nicole's family roots are at Hougang, though on Kovan side of Hougang, not within Hougang constituency boundary.

Last edited:

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I don't think NS is aiming for WP. WP brand of politics would not appeal to her generation and that is why despite her uncle knowing LTK etc she went to RP. In fact there is a void for this sort of appeal now that KJ is self destructed. I suspect that she is waiting for another political party that fits that profile to appear. I won't be surprised if she, Jeanette and other like minded people are heading to form such a party. They however need a really strong anchor, who has appropriate standing and it cannot be TJS.

I am afraid TJS is here to stay. He is not going to slow down. He will be a magnet for Jeanette et al, and Nicole Seah will find it hard to resist because her compatriots will all be drawn to TJS.

Messy business.

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
As much as the two aren't the same in many ways and the conditions were different as to their emergence, I don't see them as "poles apart" in the "popularity puzzle" - just NS 5 years later in a "time machine".

GH is fundamentally different from NS in political personality projection. She is not the past, present or future of NS and vice-versa.

brocoli

Alfrescian
Loyal
Of course TPL is doing more than Nicole in MacPherson. TPL is the elected and paid MP there, backed by an army of RC and CCC. If Nicole is able to do more, then I wonder what the hell is TPL doing? Point is, many of you are falling into the trap of PAP comparison of what has PAP done and what has opposition done in a ward. Sad thing is, the older under-educateds understand this whereas it's the younger better-educateds that fall into the trap.

ah cek... of cos PAP can do more no doubt.... but

look at TPL vs the rest of the PAP MP, she is easily the most hardworking....

look at NS vs the rest of the Opp, her fb wall has been largely silent... you know better than me whether she is comparable a Lee LiLian or a Koh Choon Yong... who are helping day in and day out...

while as perspective put it so nicely, NSP has become a press release party...

GH is fundamentally different from NS in political personality projection. She is not the past, present or future of NS and vice-versa.

got say like never say .....

GH has never been vocal ... neither does her following reach anywhere near the level of NS.... the fact she choose to be in HK for the past 3 yrs before GE say tonnes about her commitment as oppose to a Lee LiLian or a Koh Choon Yong

Last edited:

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
ah cek... of cos PAP can do more no doubt.... but

look at TPL vs the rest of the PAP MP, she is easily the most hardworking....

look at NS vs the rest of the Opp, her fb wall has been largely silent... you know better than me whether she is comparable a Lee LiLian or a Koh Choon Yong... who are helping day in and day out...

while as perspective put it so nicely, NSP has become a press release party...

As far as I know, three MPs have resigned from their jobs to become full-time MPs. Sylvia, CSM and...drum rolls...TPL. TPL was the first allowed to do so by PAP. She gets her MP pay anyway. Nicole? She's not an MP (at least not yet) and if she goes full time, eat what? Eat air?

But you're right that her political popularity is not what's the media painted to be. Pit her against Lilian and my money'd be on Lilian. That's why she should concentrate on working the grounds of MacPherson, as much as she could. The works would be appreciated and rewarded, just like LTK in Hougang pre 1991.

deepblue0911

Alfrescian
Loyal
You see, you can only focus on insults when you lost the debate.

If your conclusion is I lost a debate, which is inconsequential, then let it be. Maybe 3 to 6 months down the road when you've a chance to re-read our strings of exchanges, you may understand what was presented somewhat differently.

Deep in your heart, you know clearly your own level of intellect, and of course more importantly, whether you've been objective. I'll see how pro-Singapore you're in your future posts. Or you're just like GMS, a lopsided WP-basher who claimed to be a neutral political commentator.

brocoli

Alfrescian
Loyal
As far as I know, three MPs have resigned from their jobs to become full-time MPs. Sylvia, CSM and...drum rolls...TPL. TPL was the first allowed to do so by PAP. She gets her MP pay anyway. Nicole? She's not an MP (at least not yet) and if she goes full time, eat what? Eat air?

That's why she should concentrate on working the grounds of MacPherson, as much as she could. The works would be appreciated and rewarded, just like LTK in Hougang pre 1991.

ANg Mong Seng was the last work full time...... I am not suggetsing she quit but when was the last week time she work the grounds of MacPherson???

yes, she should concentrate on working the grounds of MacPherson but she isnt but then again its still early days...I dun see WP in Nee Soon or East COast for a while too....

Kinana

Alfrescian
Loyal
If your conclusion is I lost a debate, which is inconsequential, then let it be. Maybe 3 to 6 months down the road when you've a chance to re-read our strings of exchanges, you may understand what was presented somewhat differently.

Deep in your heart, you know clearly your own level of intellect, and of course more importantly, whether you've been objective. I'll see how pro-Singapore you're in your future posts. Or you're just like GMS, a lopsided WP-basher who claimed to be a neutral political commentator.

I have always been consistent, have you? I see all you do is lower yourself to insults.

deepblue0911

Alfrescian
Loyal
when the roti prata is crisp on one side, it's usually common sense to flip it to the other side. it is still the same roti prata, the idea is to cook it and eat it. with curry, without curry, mutton curry, fish curry, plain sugar, plain on its own. it's still roti prata and it's good to eat it. when you're hungry and when you aren't hungry you still can eat it. eat big portion, eat small portion, you can make murtabak out of it, teloh bawang out of it, bawang prata, teloh prata, cheese prata, paper prata, mini prata, ice cream prata out of it. so versatile and so good to eat it. me love roti prata, Sir, you want some prata?

Wah piang! Gong simi?

wikiphile

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
深蓝兄,
小弟便直套wikiphile兄之名言:人也是他,鬼也是他,白痴才信他。
:smile::smile::smile:

过奖过奖, 以目前的局势来讲, 市道上的白痴一直在猛降。 黑白两路拼命的封杀这个厮无名盛 (又名淡滨尼文武慈勇不败大圣天君吗).

司马昭之心, 路人皆知。 不用大道理, 只需小理智就可知道真假好歹

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=318080528245269&set=pu.181333458586644&type=1&theater