• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

New submariner? Blue?

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I predict the new sub will impact the prices of those grey market 40mm sub.
Those grey market dealers caught wrong footed.
Now throwing out but claimed discontinued model still asking for higher premium

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
I predict the new sub will impact the prices of those grey market 40mm sub.
Those grey market dealers caught wrong footed.
Now throwing out but claimed discontinued model still asking for higher premium
Popular discontinued models usually go up in price.

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
Discontinued models will always appreciate. But only for the professional series.

I bought this GMT Master II black bezel about 3 years ago. Cost me less than $12,000. Now it is selling for $16,000.

1599130283013.jpeg

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Discontinued models will always appreciate. But only for the professional series.

I bought this GMT Master II black bezel about 3 years ago. Cost me less than $12,000. Now it is selling for $16,000.
Would it still command such a premium had Rolex come out with a 41mm GMT? Ah.....

Afaik models discontinued because of changed bezel size only SD and Explorer 2 so far. The immediate past models of these 2 models not exactly considered as collectors items.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
Would it still command such a premium had Rolex come out with a 41mm GMT? Ah.....

Afaik models discontinued because of changed bezel size only SD and Explorer 2 so far. The immediate past models of these 2 models not exactly considered as collectors items.

The Black Bay 58 Blue that I ordered HAS ARRIVED!!! Picking it up on Monday!!!!!

tobelightlight

Alfrescian
Loyal
It's a crap aluminium bezel rather than ceramic. Wouldn't have minded paying more for ceramic.
material aside. The blue tone is very smooth and together with the design of it, pretty compatible i would say. The bezel is not as thick as the one on Rolex. Strangely, i do not mind this bezel and would wear it. Tudor is always the sidekick of Rolex. Sidekick cannot upthrone the main, so the Aluminium. :biggrin::biggrin:

Last edited:

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
material aside. The blue tone is very smooth and together with the design of it, pretty compatible i would say. The bezel is not as thick as the one on Rolex. Strangely, i do not mind this bezel and would wear it. Tudor is always the sidekick of Rolex. Sidekick cannot upthrone the main, so the Aluminium. :biggrin::biggrin:

Picked it up today and i LUV it. Perfect fit and very comfortable and the navy blue is way nicer than the submariner blue. I know I wanted that smurf blue to begin with but after putting both on my wrist I changed my mind.

I can now use it to time my tea brewing and my planking. No need to use my phone timer anymore. :smile:

IMG_7924.png

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
Picked it up today and i LUV it. Perfect fit and very comfortable and the navy blue is way nicer than the submariner blue. I know I wanted that smurf blue to begin with but after putting both on my wrist I changed my mind.

I can now use it to time my tea brewing and my planking. No need to use my phone timer anymore. :smile:

View attachment 90442
Very good choice, looks fantastic. Tudors are not loud and flashy but still as reliable with an understated elegance. Real tool watches.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
Very good choice, looks fantastic. Tudors are not loud and flashy but still as reliable with an understated elegance. Real tool watches.

70 hr power reserve too. I can take it off for the weekend when I go cycling and it won't stop like my Rolex does.

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
70 hr power reserve too. I can take it off for the weekend when I go cycling and it won't stop like my Rolex does.
This 70-72 hr power reserve I have not really tested. I have never fully wound my pelagos, and I rotate my watches. But I recall it was still ticking after 48 hrs. I don't use watch winders these days.