• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

New submariner? Blue?

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nothing fancy about the uni directional bezel of a submariner.

what’s more interesting is the GMT hand in the gmt master ii. Even fewer knows how to adjust that gmt or how to use it.
1599041227758.jpeg

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
I'm willing to bet that very few of those that own a submariner actually know how to use the rotating bezel. Even fewer will understand why it can only rotate counter clockwise.
If it were to rotate bi-directional, it would increase the rate of wear and tear. And that's not good.

Balls2U

Alfrescian
Loyal
Are you a PAP supporter or you work with them a lot? you pay attention to these people quite a lot. Wanna check what underwear they are wearing?

Sorry I am not another John Tan. If I can call him Pinky, you seriously think that I am their supporters? He's earning tons of money every year. So I am just curious if he splurges a little on items like watches, or he is just like his wife, who carries a dirt cheap bag and wearing sandals in public.

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
If it were to rotate bi-directional, it would increase the rate of wear and tear. And that's not good.

The GMT is bi directional so why is the submariner only unidirectional in an ANTI-CLOCKWISE direction. It has nothing to do with wear and tear. :smile:

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The GMT is bi directional so why is the submariner only unidirectional in an ANTI-CLOCKWISE direction. It has nothing to do with wear and tear. :smile:
I read somewhere that Rolex themselves admitted that days of toolish mechanical diver watches are over.

“The brand also noted that basic steel instrument-like dive watches such as the Rolex Submariner were essentially useless in today’s age of dive computers“

So the uni directional bezel going anti clockwise is just as useless ditto with the the tachymeter on the Daytona.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
I read somewhere that Rolex themselves admitted that days of toolish mechanical diver watches are over.

“The brand also noted that basic steel instrument-like dive watches such as the Rolex Submariner were essentially useless in today’s age of dive computers“

So the uni directional bezel going anti clockwise is just as useless ditto with the the tachymeter on the Daytona.

Nobody NEEDS a watch. They're there as objects of desire.

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
It’s like asking why u go and buy Nike shoes? Why can’t wear Bata or even worse some pasar malam crap? U wear it because it looks good.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
So stop harping on that anti clockwise uni directional bezel. It’s useless anyways

I'm not harping on it I was just pointing out the fact that most of those who own dive watches because they like the look of that fancy ceramic bezel don't have a clue how to use it.

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
actually for everyone who says Rolex is expensive, they don’t understand the economics of it.

For example, now I buy a Rolex submariner first about $12,000

My friend then decides to buy a Seiko for $120.

After 10 years, the submariner will be worth at least $15k. The Seiko will be worth $60. So who got the more expensive watch in the long run?

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
actually for everyone who says Rolex is expensive, they don’t understand the economics of it.

For example, now I buy a Rolex submariner first about $12,000

My friend then decides to buy a Seiko for $120.

After 10 years, the submariner will be worth at least $15k. The Seiko will be worth $60. So who got the more expensive watch in the long run?

My OP Date was bought for $850. It is now worth more than $7000.

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
I was only kidding lah. Uni-drectional because got to know drive time, air tank monitoring. For safety reason, it only permits one way tracking. GMT bezel is bi-directional for easier time zone adjustments.