• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

New developments to share

gooddebt

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why should they worry; they are not living there.

Reputation? In a bull run; people buy anything from anyone. No one really care about the name....

If I am them, I would worry big time as its not easy to be top 10 in China and Forbes Asia Fab 30. Why earn a single tree and burn the whole forest ?

Jetstream

Alfrescian
Loyal
Well, they're certainly raising the tempo with their full page advert in today's ST titled: S'pore, when was your last seen miracle?". First time I'm seeing their ad...

Valdez

Alfrescian
Loyal
Oh oh Cooling measures soon

image.jpg

thamrichardtham88

Alfrescian
Loyal
Gooddebt, u are right, it does not make any sense. In fact, i believe they have to do a good job to impress everybody in Spore and JB/Msia. Danga Bay had entered a interesting phase where international attention is there. CG have to a built mini city with international standard.

teoky

Alfrescian
Loyal
Paradiso Nuova vs Iskandar Residences

Both same location in Medini, which is a better buy? The agent told me that Paradiso Nuvoa is going at average RM950psf, while Iskandar Residences going at RM750psf. I had a friend that bgt Iskandar Residences. That's alot of diff in price. The only visible difference is the furnishing.

Anyone can shed any light?

There's rebate for early buyer of Paradiso Nuova and I like that you don't need to ballot for it and can chose the units that are released and available.

Paradiso is supposed to be a luxury project and it is purely residential, there's no commercial elements. There's only 382 units and I counted 4 lifts to 6 units on each floor. I believe the 3 bedder has private lifts.

In terms of location, it is probably about 400m to Gleneagles hospital and 150m to iMedini walk. It is also away from the main road and is surrounded by parks.

Last edited:

Chocolate

Alfrescian
Loyal
I didnt need to ballot for Iskandar Res either as I didnt buy from Huttons.
Frankly, I will never buy from a Singapore agency as they just hype it up by forcing buyers to ballot. My suggestion in choosing between projects that are near each other is to looks the design of the condo, for me I like Iskandar Residences, Meridin would be my 2nd choice but I wonder if it will have enough light, as for the other recent launches I dont like the facade. Of course its personal. Also look at the developer, can they deliver? Another thing would be the buyer profile as that may influence tenant mix to some extent and also owners decide how a project is managed.Facilities and site plan is anotehr thing I take into account. of course before all these i have to like the layout of the unit. For me personally, I dont like units that are too small, e.g 2 bedder below 860sqft. I just dont find them livable.Abv 900sqft but below 1000 sqft is what I would go for for 2 bedroom.These are the extra factors I consider apart from price, location, timing. of course dont wat too long or prices may keep moving up.
There's rebate for early buyer of Paradiso Nuova and I like that you don't need to ballot for it and can chose the units that are released and available.

Paradiso is supposed to be a luxury project and it is purely residential, there's no commercial elements. There's only 382 units and I counted 4 lifts to 6 units on each floor. I believe the 3 bedder has private lifts.

In terms of location, it is probably about 400m to Gleneagles hospital and 150m to iMedini walk. It is also away from the main road and is surrounded by parks.

avelc

Alfrescian
Loyal
Gooddebt, u are right, it does not make any sense. In fact, i believe they have to do a good job to impress everybody in Spore and JB/Msia. Danga Bay had entered a interesting phase where international attention is there. CG have to a built mini city with international standard.

You seem to be vested. Good luck.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
My friend bought. Semi-Ds r mostly sold out. Left bungalows ard 3.5 mil RM each for 5000 sqft. Less than one third was released for sale.

wiseguy

Alfrescian
Loyal
For those who bought CG units with good SEA view during early VIP launch, get early bird and choice units advantage, probably with paper capital gains... if CG up the price for subsequent launch

Last edited:

Jetstream

Alfrescian
Loyal
Was speaking with my JB banker on Friday and was surprised when she told me she was leaving the bank after many years and joining a major M'sian property developer as a sales manager. I asked her what prompted this change of industry, she mentioned that as a bank officer in premier banking, she came across an increasing number of bank customers ploughing their money into Iskandar property, some buying multiple units, and this gave her the confidence to venture into this industry and ride the wave.

shctaw

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Base on your theory, Enron, Lehman, Pan electric etc should be around today.

When corporation screw people , they do it big time. And you haven't seen the worst yet.

If I am them, I would worry big time as its not easy to be top 10 in China and Forbes Asia Fab 30. Why earn a single tree and burn the whole forest ?

Valdez

Alfrescian
Loyal
Govt to double real property gains tax to rein in house prices

KOTA KINABALU: The government will double the real property gains tax (RPGT) from the current 15% as a last resort to rein in house prices nationwide, Urban Wellbeing, Housing and Local Government Minister Datuk Abdul Rahman Dahlan said.

He said any decision towards this direction would however be done after detailed discussions with Bank Negara.

“We will impose the increase if it is found to be really needed,” said Rahman, the Kota Belud MP, after breaking fast with Taun Gusi villagers in the northern district on Sunday.

He said the government had at one time fixed the RPGT at 30% and those who bought and sold a property within two years were required to pay a tax of that amount.

Rahman said any increase in the RPGT would help control speculators who were contributing to the steep hikes in property prices.

“It is obvious this is happening when you see a newly launched housing project sold out but there are numerous advertisements for the units when construction is completed,” he noted.

Rahman said his ministry was organising a one-day workshop after Hari Raya to formulate ways to keep house prices in check.