• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

New developments to share

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Singapore allowed the land to wait for many years to settle before the high rises were allowed to be built. Everything has a risk. You decide your risk appetite before going ahead to purchase.

But do u know tanah laut command a premium as compare to tanah darat? Even in MY too :smile:

1nottiboy

Alfrescian
Loyal
They can complete the township by 2017 if they want to. whether it is safe or not is another issue.

the last time I drove by, they were still dumping sand into the straits. from the little knowledge I have about land reclamation, if they are gonna build so soon after pouring sand in, I would stay away from this project. Reason: shock waves from Indonesian earthquakes. for those interested in this subject, go read up on the construction of Kansai Airport and the Kobe earthquake.

Just for reference: In SG, construction on reclaimed land starts only after AT LEAST 10 years.

Country Garden is really pushing the Danga Bay project with price starting fromRM850. It is amazing that they can complete the township by 2017 with reclamation on-going at the moment. Interestingly, they are not sure if they are allowed to build up to 40 storeys as the sultan may say NO and they will have to be lowered even at this stage.

macbookair

Alfrescian
Loyal
i drive past the danga bay area frequently and i still see sand barges and piles of sand still there? means the reclamation work is still in progress?

DCputeri

Alfrescian
Loyal
Extracted this from the report for condos in JB:

Name of
Development Developer No. of Units Unit Size (sq ft) Selling Price
(RM/per sq ft)
Tropez Residences, C Tropicana Danga Sdn Bhd 297 463-689 >660
Skysuites@ Meldrum Hills MB Land Sdn Bhd 250 577-1,350 425-680
V@Summerplace Connoisseur Sdn Bhd 260 642-1,534 485-730
Paragon Residences Amprojek Construction Sdn Bhd 533 732-1,674 690-830
Twin Galaxy, A Golden Oriental Realty 334 963-3,919 635-715
Sky 88, B & C SP Setia Berhad 588 603-1,281 750-850
Water Edge Apart¬ment (Tower 1 & 2) Walker International 390 893-2,465 515-616
Encorp Marina Encorp Berhd 538 690-1,755 886-1,077
Teega Suite
(Tower 1 & 2) Sunrise Berhad 1,293 485-1,998 650-915

teega

Alfrescian
Loyal
I went to the Danga Bay Area to eat at a Chinese restaurant recently.. Food was good. I saw a group of Chinese tourists going into the restaurant .. Probably after viewing/buying units in country garden's project. After lunch, curiosity kills the cat, I decided to walk to take a look. As I walk, I was surprised that I could not even see one Singapore car there. There is a car park in front of the restaurant and adjacent to the showroom. At the door step of the showroom, there is a big poster of a Chinese actress.. Giving you an impression that actresses/actors may stay there. Once I entered, it was like a small musical carnival.. Agents came to me like trying to sell credit cards.. Didn't feel good about the whole 'atmosphere'. Overdone its marketing.. Since, some agents mentioned that prc already bought thousands of units there... I m not sure how Malaysians n Singaporeans going to stay together with them.. Recently, there was a report on a prc drying her salted fish at her hdb at Chua choo Kang.. And the smell stinks the whole block.. I didn't mean to talk down this project.. When so many sporeans complaint about them.. I can't help but to think that there are some truth in their complaint..

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
I went to the Danga Bay Area to eat at a Chinese restaurant recently.. Food was good. I saw a group of Chinese tourists going into the restaurant .. Probably after viewing/buying units in country garden's project. After lunch, curiosity kills the cat, I decided to walk to take a look. As I walk, I was surprised that I could not even see one Singapore car there. There is a car park in front of the restaurant and adjacent to the showroom. At the door step of the showroom, there is a big poster of a Chinese actress.. Giving you an impression that actresses/actors may stay there. Once I entered, it was like a small musical carnival.. Agents came to me like trying to sell credit cards.. Didn't feel good about the whole 'atmosphere'. Overdone its marketing.. Since, some agents mentioned that prc already bought thousands of units there... I m not sure how Malaysians n Singaporeans going to stay together with them.. Recently, there was a report on a prc drying her salted fish at her hdb at Chua choo Kang.. And the smell stinks the whole block.. I didn't mean to talk down this project.. When so many sporeans complaint about them.. I can't help but to think that there are some truth in their complaint..

I'm okay with Chinese buying but not with the soil the project is sitting on. Likely to be ghost town, so no worries about different culture.

thamrichardtham88

Alfrescian
Loyal
I was attracted mainly by the project’s unique of a man made beach

I was attracted mainly by the project’s unique of a man made beach(which I can wet my feet or sit at the beach when I am bored and it is not found anywhere in JB yet) and a future LRT within walking distance. In my opinion a project of this magnitude(10k units) and built by a reputable developer, it will be nice for a weekend home for me.Will this developer built them without having enough technical know how, in this case is a reclaim land and risk of tarnish its own reputation?

Valdez

Alfrescian
Loyal
Everybody jumping onto the bandwagon. YTL a Very high end developer.

image.jpg

DCputeri

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: I was attracted mainly by the project’s unique of a man made beach

I am concern with the speed of reclamation and construction of the danga project. They are bringing into loads of china chinese worker on this project.
I was attracted mainly by the project’s unique of a man made beach(which I can wet my feet or sit at the beach when I am bored and it is not found anywhere in JB yet) and a future LRT within walking distance. In my opinion a project of this magnitude(10k units) and built by a reputable developer, it will be nice for a weekend home for me.Will this developer built them without having enough technical know how, in this case is a reclaim land and risk of tarnish its own reputation?

gooddebt

Alfrescian
Loyal

haha we share the same thots :smile: Country Gardens is a top 10 developer in China and a Forbes Asia fav 30 company. Will they risk their reputation especially when many buyers are Chinese ? Are they not afraid their fellow Chinese will tell on them back in China ?

thamrichardtham88

Alfrescian
Loyal

I had just visited CG site at JB today.Some landscaping was inplace and the exterior of the clubhouse is almost done.But I cannot enter cos the entry is blocked.Now I know the exact location already.

thamrichardtham88

Alfrescian
Loyal
I work in a MNC. For MNC,reputation is very important. May be CG really use advance technology in this project. I remembered I watched National Geographic, the builder can pour in the cement directly to the sea bed during construction,thus have a solid foundation faster.