• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

My university friend drives taxi

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
JinWuLui
  • profile.png
    View Profile
  • forum.png
    View Forum Posts
  • message.png
    Private Message
user-offline.png

<DL class=userinfo_extra><DT>Join Date <DD>Apr 2010 </DD><DT>Posts <DD>489 </DD></DL>

[h=2]My university friend drives taxi[/h]
Pretend don't know me but I recognise him so I say wat happen?.......told me lost his job two years ago and couldn't find a good job since then as already 45 years old liao.....manage only to find security guard or low paying job only.....ask me how to survive with job less than $2000 these days with mortage to pay?......I hear already pity him so when reach destination....meter show $14 and I say....ahmad, here is $50 and keep the change.......he so happy and keep smiling and smiling.......maybe he long time never see $50 note......singaporeans very pitiful these days liao......​

breaknews

Alfrescian
Loyal
Drive taxi is a honest occupation what.

What so pitiful about being a taxi driver?

At least you don't have to sell backside at geylang!

Or sell your souls to the MIWs!

Last edited:

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I talked to a 42 year old taxi driver, he lived in US for 35 years, came back, too old, too experienced, cant get job, become a Taxi Driver......

Kinana

Alfrescian
Loyal
I talked to a 42 year old taxi driver, he lived in US for 35 years, came back, too old, too experienced, cant get job, become a Taxi Driver......

USA with its welfare state is so wonderful, why come back to Singapore? He must be stupid.

freedalas

Alfrescian
Loyal
Drive taxi is a honest occupation what.

What so pitiful about being a taxi driver?

At least you don't have to sell backside at geylang!

Or sell your souls to the MIWs!

Think you missed the point, bro. What makapaaa is trying to say is the situation in S'pore is so bad that even university graduates have to drive a taxi instead of being employed for the qualifications they possess. It's not about whether driving taxi is an honest occupation or not. I mean no one goes to university to become a taxi driver.

Looking deeper, what makapaaa posted implies that the PAP had failed to look after even the middle income strata of our society not to mention the lowest income group. PAP policies are all geared towards making the rich richer and providing employment opportunities to foreigners instead. And of course, boosting the profits of its GLCs. The rest are left to die on their own.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
When engineers at mid 40 are driving Taxis, the system has certainly broken. If ther is a recession, a collapse of the economy, it is quite understandable. That is not the case. It is shocking. I always wondered why these things having surfaced so long a ago are not reflected in the votes.

Think you missed the point, bro. What makapaaa is trying to say is the situation in S'pore is so bad that even university graduates have to drive a taxi instead of being employed for the qualifications they possess. It's not about whether driving taxi is an honest occupation or not. I mean no one goes to university to become a taxi driver.

Looking deeper, what makapaaa posted implies that the PAP had failed to look after even the middle income strata of our society not to mention the lowest income group. PAP policies are all geared towards making the rich richer and providing employment opportunities to foreigners instead. And of course, boosting the profits of its GLCs. The rest are left to die on their own.

breaknews

Alfrescian
Loyal
WHat to do? 60% prefer to maintain the status quo and have no intention to change.

Do you think this post can change their mindsets?

Last edited:

hotbot

Alfrescian
Loyal
阿拉玛,你是我的花朵!:o

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/CYC_7S3TxIo?version=3&feature=player_detailpage"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/CYC_7S3TxIo?version=3&feature=player_detailpage" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></object>

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Crap if even is ever heard of. That meant he only spent 7 years in Singapore in childhood, hardly Pr. 1. That is, most juvenile and adult education recieved abroad. why come back to Singapore? Why don't stay abroad? Did he serve NS?

University friend drives taxi not bad liao. I university grad can't find job but end up as a gambler. How?

Gambler is good. University grads learn lots of maths, useful for games. :wink:

Last edited:

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Crap if even is ever heard of. That meant he only spent 7 years in Singapore in childhood, hardly Pr. 1. That is, most juvenile and adult education recieved abroad. why come back to Singapore? Why don't stay abroad? Did he serve NS?
Precisely, I was quite amazed too, never ask about the NS lah, but he do have an accent... dunno why never get married and settled there....