• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

My loyalty is first and foremost, to the people of Singapore. It has always been so.

Zikoman999

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: My loyalty is first and foremost, to the people of Singapore. It has always been

Agree with Papsmearer.. Enough of glorifying OTC as some sort of a People's Hero.. This farker was a staunch loyalist of the Royal FamiLEE when he was alive..

Never did any greater good for the people when he was the DPM and later on as President... Many Oppo supporters pitied him when he was not given any state funeral.. I say fuck that lah.. Deep inside he must be thankful that he joined the PAP and grateful to his Master at Oxley Rd for making him rich..

Remember, Once a Pappy Scum, always a Pappy Scum..

Agree with both bros on this.
OTC the selfish bastard was going against lky more for his ego rather than for sinkies.
Machiam lky he is worried about his legacy.
Even if he had a last min change of heart, it was a case of too little too late.

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: My loyalty is first and foremost, to the people of Singapore. It has always been

Agree with both bros on this.
OTC the selfish bastard was going against lky more for his ego rather than for sinkies.
Machiam lky he is worried about his legacy.
Even if he had a last min change of heart, it was a case of too little too late.

IMHO, its bit silly for many proclaiming OTC to be The People's President just because he voiced out about the reserves..

Sinkies got short memory.. He didn't really obtain a convincing win when he stood against that accountant during the first Presidential election..

Last edited:

zeebjii

Alfrescian
Loyal

IMHO, its bit silly for many proclaiming OTC to be The People's President just because he voiced out about the reserves..

Sinkies got short memory.. He didn't really obtain a convincing win when he stood against that accountant during the first Presidential election..

Yes, People's President was Wee Kim Wee.

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal

No lah, the People's President is Tony Tan Keng Yam (陈庆炎). His mocked statue can be seen at all KFC outlets in Singapore, and some say in JB and Batam too, infact Internationally.:eek:

Ok, seriously, those who know more about Ong Teng Cheong, would agree that he does not deserve all that glorification after his death.

zeebjii

Alfrescian
Loyal

Ok, seriously, those who know more about Ong Teng Cheong, would agree that he does not deserve all that glorification after his death.

My friend who was a door guard at the istana, and his guard buddies simply adored Wee Kim Wee. They found Ong Teng Cheong yaya papapya in contrast.

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

dont so angry lah. at one time i know many relatives n frens who voted pappies. do not forget at 1 time pappies were really popular. it was when pinky became an mp and goh keng swee left tat the rot started. now u vote pap. u get fucked cos tell me which pap mp besides amy khor is popular?

I am sick and tired of all these losers here fawning over fucking Ong Teng Cheong. This fucker started out as a PAP grass roots leader in Seletar. Do you know what that means? He was a por lumpar PAP cocksucker go around and encourage everyone to vote for the PAP, and the despot Lee Con You. U think he could have been an MP, and than NTUC SEc General without being a dyed the wool PAP fanatic? What did he do in 6 years as President? He approved the abolishment of appeals to the Privy council in London. Do you know what that means? It means that the PAP has a free unlimited card to fuck anyone without them having to run to London to get a real justice. He passed every single sick law that came along, and as DPM, kept dumb, blind, and mute while his fellow cabinet ministers sued, bankrupt and terrorise the oppositions. This fucker is supposed to be big into protecting union workers against unfair management, but he never protected singaporeans against unfair PAP policies.

His big claim to fame was that he dared to ask for the national accounting and was told it would take 56 years to get it. So what? If he truly cares, there are many ways to get the figures. If someone comes to you and tells u it will take 56 man years to get the accounting done, you tell them to hire 56 accountants and get it done in 1 year. Better still, hire 112 accountants and get it done in 6 months. The figures are all there, its a matter of compilation. He claims they used delaying tactics on him, and tried to discourage him. U know the solution to that? The next budget that the govt. submits, don't sign it. Any law that the PAP wants to pass including this Privy Council crap, don't sign it. What are they going to do to him? Frame him by calling him an alchoholic and wife beater?

This bastard knows so many skeletons in the PAP closet, let them come and whack him, see what happens to them. He had cancer already. And he was going to die. Instead of exposing the PAP and Lee and cronies, he quietly take the govt. pension and crawls into a hole and wait for death. I don;t see him as any great hero at all.

eErotica69

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

I will never forget how PAP treated OTC. Especially the part whereby there was no state funeral for him.

palden

Alfrescian
Loyal

He is someone worthy of respect.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset

My friend who was a door guard at the istana, and his guard buddies simply adored Wee Kim Wee. They found Ong Teng Cheong yaya papapya in contrast.

Wee Kim Wee was harmless enough, he was like a little kid when it came to weapons, and the army. BUT, he was still a relative of Lee Kuan Yew, which makes him an automatic asshole.

Last edited:

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal

OTC led the NTUC protest against the American Embassy in response to US First Secretary's support of the so-called Marxists in the 1980s.

Faidenk

Alfrescian
Loyal

Exceptional chap, this. Heard when he learnt to say his own name, he could say it backwards. Flawlessly.

'What's your name?'

'Wee Kim Wee'

'Say it backwards'

'Wee Kim Wee'

'What a clever boy'

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal

LKY offered those detainees lucrative trades with list of things to buy from China for his government if they signed the document. So you believe in government tenders published in Shitty Time.

That was full corrupted LKY to abuse this government executive power and perhaps LCS and CTP did not believe in greed but purity which was the right thing to do.

OTC was my MP. He was definitely different from the usual PAP apparatchiks. A real gentleman. He is one of the few I think who tried to change things from the inside. Probably that's the reason he was booted upstairs to become President.

As for the incarceration of political opponents, looking at what is going on in Thailand today, I will stop short of condemning LKY until history has time to sort this out. Detainees like Lim Chin Siong and Chia Thye Poh had every opportunity to make peace with LKY and gain their freedom. They chose purity. Well, maybe they had their eye on history but it was their choice.

Last edited:

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset

OTC was my MP. He was definitely different from the usual PAP apparatchiks. A real gentleman. He is one of the few I think who tried to change things from the inside. Probably that's the reason he was booted upstairs to become President.

As for the incarceration of political opponents, looking at what is going on in Thailand today, I will stop short of condemning LKY until history has time to sort this out. Detainees like Lim Chin Siong and Chia Thye Poh had every opportunity to make peace with LKY and gain their freedom. They chose purity. Well, maybe they had their eye on history but it was their choice.

I don't know whether you are just joking or ignorant. I understand that OTC could have at anytime signed a presidential pardon to any and all political detainees, and release CTP and LCS. The fact he did not is just indicative of what a por lumpar for the PAP he was. SO, I don't know what you mean by change things from the inside.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset

dont so angry lah. at one time i know many relatives n frens who voted pappies. do not forget at 1 time pappies were really popular. it was when pinky became an mp and goh keng swee left tat the rot started. now u vote pap. u get fucked cos tell me which pap mp besides amy khor is popular?

Of course I am angry. Look at the position this country is in now. I have never ever, since I was eligible to vote, voted for the PAP. Even since young, I can see what a bunch of fuck ups they will be, why can't your friends and relatives? A lot of people pressure me to vote for the PAP too, but they are not doing so now.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset

Of course I am angry. Look at the position this country is in now. I have never ever, since I was eligible to vote, voted for the PAP. Even since young, I can see what a bunch of fuck ups they will be, why can't your friends and relatives? A lot of people pressure me to vote for the PAP too, but they are not doing so now.

Don't try and bullshit us here. We know perfectly well that those who keep boasting about not voting for the PAP do exactly the opposite come the election.

I'm sure 2016 will be no different for you.

nomorelisa

Alfrescian
Loyal

I don't know whether you are just joking or ignorant. I understand that OTC could have at anytime signed a presidential pardon to any and all political detainees, and release CTP and LCS. The fact he did not is just indicative of what a por lumpar for the PAP he was. SO, I don't know what you mean by change things from the inside.

It is largely a ceremonial appointment and the "powers" accorded to the president is so limited, that should he decide not to cooperate in those matters where he has some discretion, that will be the end of him. I think we all know this but living in denial that in reality, the president is powerless. OTC refused to be part of this and therefore did not contest for a second term.

Granting of pardons, reprieves and remissions

Subject to Cabinet's advice, the President is empowered to pardon offenders, or accomplices who provide information leading to the conviction of principal offenders in crimes. He may also grant offenders a reprieve or respite from the execution of any sentence; and wholly or partially remit an imposed sentence, penalty or forfeiture. In the case of death sentences, the President must call for reports made to him by the judge who tried the case and the Chief Justice or other presiding judge of the appellate court which heard the appeal in the matter to be forwarded to the Attorney-General. The reports, along with the Attorney-General's opinion on the case, are then forwarded to Cabinet which then advises the President as to whether to exercise his powers.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset

This bastard knows so many skeletons in the PAP closet, let them come and whack him, see what happens to them. He had cancer already. And he was going to die. Instead of exposing the PAP and Lee and cronies, he quietly take the govt. pension and crawls into a hole and wait for death. I don;t see him as any great hero at all.

Well said. I have added to your points.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset

It is largely a ceremonial appointment and the "powers" accorded to the president is so limited, that should he decide not to cooperate in those matters where he has some discretion, that will be the end of him. I think we all know this but living in denial that in reality, the president is powerless. OTC refused to be part of this and therefore did not contest for a second term.

Granting of pardons, reprieves and remissions

Subject to Cabinet's advice, the President is empowered to pardon offenders, or accomplices who provide information leading to the conviction of principal offenders in crimes. He may also grant offenders a reprieve or respite from the execution of any sentence; and wholly or partially remit an imposed sentence, penalty or forfeiture. In the case of death sentences, the President must call for reports made to him by the judge who tried the case and the Chief Justice or other presiding judge of the appellate court which heard the appeal in the matter to be forwarded to the Attorney-General. The reports, along with the Attorney-General's opinion on the case, are then forwarded to Cabinet which then advises the President as to whether to exercise his powers.

What you say is inaccurate. Only the PAP tru the shit times wants you to think the role is "largely a ceremonial appointment". No law can be passed until the President has signed it. Think on that for a while. All these laws about Little India and other laws designed to whack oppos, etc. cannot go into effect without the president's signature. Likewise, he also signs the budget. If he does not like how little money is spend on healthcare, he can refuse to sign it and ask the parliament to submit a revised budget. Not to mention, he can commute any sentence or reprieve any death penalties. These are very important powers. People think that its a ceremonial position because in the past, they have always place compliant Presidents in position, (Like Ben SHeares, who had no political ambition), or Devan Nair (a long time PAP loyalist who could be counted on to pass whatever the PAP wants), and only in the last decade or more when they gave more power to the Presidency, they decide to give it to familee members like Tony Tan and Wee Kim Wee. Imagine, Tony Tan is such a rich and powerful banker, they ask him to be the President and give up his position in OCBC for a "ceremonial appointment?". No, this position of Presidency is powerful and it cannot be entrusted to an outsider.

Last edited:

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset

Well said. I have added to your points.

Whoaaaa, which Sam are you? It seems I have been fighting with your evil twin brother in the earlier posts.