• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

My loyalty is first and foremost, to the people of Singapore. It has always been so.

xingguy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Source: The Online Citizen

Remembering Ong Teng Cheong, the people's president of Singapore

ongtengcheong.jpg

“My loyalty is first and foremost, to the people of Singapore. It has always been so, and will always remain so.” – Ong Teng Cheong (1936 – 2002)

I remember how I cried as I saw Madam Ling Siew May cry in live telecast. Mr Ong Teng Cheong was playing on the piano in the President Charity show in 1999, who specially dedicated the piece, Teresa Teng’s classic “月亮代表我的心” to his beloved wife.

I thought to myself then, “How blessed are we, Singaporeans to have such a talented and respectful man to be the symbol of our country.”

It has since been 11 years that we have lost a great man from our nation.

A lot of things would not be the same without him.

Without him, there would not be MRTs, without him, the last labour strike would have been 1977 and not 1986.

He was a president who cared enough for the country to ask how much was the Singapore reserves and cared enough for the unfortunate to have started the President Star Charity.

But he was also the only president who was denied state funeral when he passed away in 2002.

Today, I cried again as I wonder how Mr Ong would have thought as the population white paper is being passed in the parliament.

What words would he choose to address the people whom are being emotionally affected by this recent development and the lost of faith in that their voices are being heard.

He always had a knack for comforting people even when his hands were bounded.

I miss and sought for such a leader like Mr Ong Teng Cheong whom i can place my faith in to represent my rights as a citizen of Singapore and to be proud of having.

How long more we might ask, before such a man like Mr Ong Teng Cheong comes up to be there, to voice our concerns and difficulties.

Though it has been more than 13 years since he stepped down as the President of Singapore, but I and along with many Singaporeans will always revert him as the only people’s President.

Thank you Mr Ong Teng Cheong, for all that you have done for Singapore and you will never be forgotten in the hearts of Singaporeans.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Re: My loyalty is first and foremost, to the people of Singapore. It has always been

Source:

Thank you Mr Ong Teng Cheong, for all that you have done for Singapore and you will never be forgotten in the hearts of Singaporeans.

Ong Teng Cheong has just as much blood on his hands as the rest of them.

Where was his compassion when LKY was incarcerating his political opponents without trial and he, as DPM, was complicit in these crimes against humanity? :rolleyes:

GoldenPeriod

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: My loyalty is first and foremost, to the people of Singapore. It has always been

Things are coming to a head and we need leaders again to fight back against FT's. PAP has already sold Singapore down the river.

iamhere

Alfrescian
Loyal

source: the online citizen

remembering ong teng cheong, the people's president of singapore

ongtengcheong.jpg

“my loyalty is first and foremost, to the people of singapore. It has always been so, and will always remain so.” – ong teng cheong (1936 – 2002)

i remember how i cried as i saw madam ling siew may cry in live telecast. Mr ong teng cheong was playing on the piano in the president charity show in 1999, who specially dedicated the piece, teresa teng’s classic “月亮代表我的心” to his beloved wife.

I thought to myself then, “how blessed are we, singaporeans to have such a talented and respectful man to be the symbol of our country.”

it has since been 11 years that we have lost a great man from our nation.

A lot of things would not be the same without him.

Without him, there would not be mrts, without him, the last labour strike would have been 1977 and not 1986.

He was a president who cared enough for the country to ask how much was the singapore reserves and cared enough for the unfortunate to have started the president star charity.

But he was also the only president who was denied state funeral when he passed away in 2002.

Today, i cried again as i wonder how mr ong would have thought as the population white paper is being passed in the parliament.

What words would he choose to address the people whom are being emotionally affected by this recent development and the lost of faith in that their voices are being heard.

He always had a knack for comforting people even when his hands were bounded.

I miss and sought for such a leader like mr ong teng cheong whom i can place my faith in to represent my rights as a citizen of singapore and to be proud of having.

How long more we might ask, before such a man like mr ong teng cheong comes up to be there, to voice our concerns and difficulties.

Though it has been more than 13 years since he stepped down as the president of singapore, but i and along with many singaporeans will always revert him as the only people’s president.

Thank you mr ong teng cheong, for all that you have done for singapore and you will never be forgotten in the hearts of singaporeans.

万古流芳,王鼎昌。。。
遗臭万年,sr nathan...

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Where was his compassion when LKY was incarcerating his political opponents without trial and he, as DPM, was complicit in these crimes against humanity? :rolleyes:

That is the smartest thing LKY do, either incarcerate the hardcore opponents, turn the softcore oppn into asylum seekers overseas or silence the doubters by putting them close to him.

Last edited:

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Things are coming to a head and we need leaders again to fight back against FT's. PAP has already sold Singapore down the river.

Who will want to be leaders, Singaporeans are so fussy, and want cheap and good.

PAP know that, that is why they can do what they want.

Even the next gen Lee family have no stomach to become ' leaders', they are looking at other careers.

Last edited:

Satyr

Alfrescian
Loyal

OTC was my MP. He was definitely different from the usual PAP apparatchiks. A real gentleman. He is one of the few I think who tried to change things from the inside. Probably that's the reason he was booted upstairs to become President.

As for the incarceration of political opponents, looking at what is going on in Thailand today, I will stop short of condemning LKY until history has time to sort this out. Detainees like Lim Chin Siong and Chia Thye Poh had every opportunity to make peace with LKY and gain their freedom. They chose purity. Well, maybe they had their eye on history but it was their choice.

nomorelisa

Alfrescian
Loyal

Sometimes one has to sleep with the enemy to right the wrongs. Change cannot be made when one is an outsider lacking the power to change.

nomorelisa

Alfrescian
Loyal

OTC was my MP. He was definitely different from the usual PAP apparatchiks. A real gentleman. He is one of the few I think who tried to change things from the inside. Probably that's the reason he was booted upstairs to become President.

As for the incarceration of political opponents, looking at what is going on in Thailand today, I will stop short of condemning LKY until history has time to sort this out. Detainees like Lim Chin Siong and Chia Thye Poh had every opportunity to make peace with LKY and gain their freedom. They chose purity. Well, maybe they had their eye on history but it was their choice.

I agree with you. There is a time to fight and there is a time to run. Guerrilla tactics learned from the communists.

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Sometimes one has to sleep with the enemy to right the wrongs. Change cannot be made when one is an outsider lacking the power to change.

so DPM OTC did what to correct the pap system ?

nomorelisa

Alfrescian
Loyal

so DPM OTC did what to correct the pap system ?

He was not up to the mark and he failed. Nevertheless his efforts were lauded by many and a precedent for others to follow. LKY is the king of the hill and no one can get the better of him. I won't be surprised that when LKY is no longer, many better men than his prince will take over the PM's job. We will not know who but they are waiting in the shadows, waiting for the opportune time. Who knows what lurks in the hearts of the very people closest to the prince?

JHolmesJr

Alfrescian
Loyal

Singaporeans are so fussy, and want cheap and good.

Saw the ultimate example of this in the orchard mrt passageway ..... The visually handicapped busker who sings there has put up a sign saying "leaflet distributors please don't stand next to me."

Seriously....lol.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset

I am sick and tired of all these losers here fawning over fucking Ong Teng Cheong. This fucker started out as a PAP grass roots leader in Seletar. Do you know what that means? He was a por lumpar PAP cocksucker go around and encourage everyone to vote for the PAP, and the despot Lee Con You. U think he could have been an MP, and than NTUC SEc General without being a dyed the wool PAP fanatic? What did he do in 6 years as President? He approved the abolishment of appeals to the Privy council in London. Do you know what that means? It means that the PAP has a free unlimited card to fuck anyone without them having to run to London to get a real justice. He passed every single sick law that came along, and as DPM, kept dumb, blind, and mute while his fellow cabinet ministers sued, bankrupt and terrorise the oppositions. This fucker is supposed to be big into protecting union workers against unfair management, but he never protected singaporeans against unfair PAP policies.

His big claim to fame was that he dared to ask for the national accounting and was told it would take 56 years to get it. So what? If he truly cares, there are many ways to get the figures. If someone comes to you and tells u it will take 56 man years to get the accounting done, you tell them to hire 56 accountants and get it done in 1 year. Better still, hire 112 accountants and get it done in 6 months. The figures are all there, its a matter of compilation. He claims they used delaying tactics on him, and tried to discourage him. U know the solution to that? The next budget that the govt. submits, don't sign it. Any law that the PAP wants to pass including this Privy Council crap, don't sign it. What are they going to do to him? Frame him by calling him an alchoholic and wife beater?

This bastard knows so many skeletons in the PAP closet, let them come and whack him, see what happens to them. He had cancer already. And he was going to die. Instead of exposing the PAP and Lee and cronies, he quietly take the govt. pension and crawls into a hole and wait for death. I don;t see him as any great hero at all.

Last edited:

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Agree with Papsmearer.. Enough of glorifying OTC as some sort of a People's Hero.. This farker was a staunch loyalist of the Royal FamiLEE when he was alive..

Never did any greater good for the people when he was the DPM and later on as President... Many Oppo supporters pitied him when he was not given any state funeral.. I say fuck that lah.. Deep inside he must be thankful that he joined the PAP and grateful to his Master at Oxley Rd for making him rich..

Remember, Once a Pappy Scum, always a Pappy Scum..

Last edited:

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset

Agree with Papsmearer.. Enough of glorifying OTC as some sort of a People's Hero.. This farker was a staunch loyalist of the Royal FamiLEE when he was alive..

Never did any greater good for the people when he was the DPM and later on as President... Many Oppo supporters pitied him when he was not given any state funeral.. I say fuck that lah.. Deep inside he must be thankful that he joined the PAP and grateful to his Master at Oxley Rd for making him rich..

Remember, Once a Pappy Scum, always a Pappy Scum..

I believe that the family requested no state funeral. the reason is that he died very near Chinese New Year, and its bad luck to have a big funeral and even bad luck for people to attend it.

jw5

Loyal

Stick to the thread topic and don't tcss, tcss not allowed (for you) in this forum.

Seriously.......lol.

Saw the ultimate example of this in the orchard mrt passageway ..... The visually handicapped busker who sings there has put up a sign saying "leaflet distributors please don't stand next to me."

Seriously....lol.

jw5

Loyal

That was my comment too................lol.

Want to be popular with the people and show he can be defiant but also want to be compliant at the same time.

His big claim to fame was that he dared to ask for the national accounting and was told it would take 56 years to get it. So what? If he truly cares, there are many ways to get the figures. If someone comes to you and tells u it will take 56 man years to get the accounting done, you tell them to hire 56 accountants and get it done in 1 year. Better still, hire 112 accountants and get it done in 6 months.

spotter542

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I believe his architectural firm , Ong & Ong Architects benefit from lots of government projects :rolleyes: