• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Mustaffa is now larger

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Singapore is an elitist society and if you want to change that, you cannot just talk and do nothing. The people got to make contributions and gain achievements themselves and not rely on PAP. If you open a computer shop like GMS, what does Singapore gain from it? You are just making money off your people.

It is sad that none of the SG companies survive because of the small market size and the distance from US/Europe. If Singapore have top companies like Microsoft/Apple and a sizeable private industry, do you think PAP have so much power and say?

At least I think Sinkie low/middle class have a HDB flat and they seldom seize it back if you lose your job or have some reasons for not being able to pay up. In US, once you miss a couple of payments and lose your job, you can kiss goodbye to your house.

Stop comparing to other countries. Canada not only have high taxes but vast amount of natural resources. They can afford to do that. Singapore is very cheap to live in if you forsake your material desires but apparently Chinese people like to have "face" and waste all their money on $100K 1.6L cars, tonnes of electronics at home and a maid.

If cannot compare to Canada, do we use our neighbours as a yardstick to gauge how we are doing :confused: PAP will never do that as they wouldn't be able to justify their "world class" salaries:rolleyes:

The PAP started the comparing game to highlight their achievements but as Sporeans get more worldly they realise just how screwed up things are in Spore:smile:

People who have tried to changes things political have ended up as either bankrupts or exiles. Is it any wonder Sporeans have become cynical or crazy in Spore:( It's simpler to vote with their feet which many have already done.

Spore will never have companies like Microsoft/Apple because of the obstacle of the PAP & their "system". Just look at the many global successes of Taiwanese & Korean companies compared to failures of Spore companies.

Windsor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Live seafood may not be good as the tanks that the vast majority of seafood is held in are much too crowded, with questionable filtration. Often times one can see a buildup of bubbles on the water surface, which means that protein wastes are building up beyond the capacity of the water and filtration (if any) and the organisms are probably being stressed out by lack of proper diet, cramped living conditions, poor water quality, lack of dissolved oxygen, and high amounts of ammonia and nitrites. This probably results in seafood whose tissues are far too taxed with the aforementioned toxins.

In Singapore and Malaysia, seafood restaurants are aplenty too. Sure fresh since you can choose them live from their tanks. Prices, well, depends on the restaurants and how you want them done. I bought quite a big Sri Lankan crab from Sheng Siong recently. S$9-something. Not bad, but have to steam it myself. I think it'd cost S$20 to 30 in a restaurant.

Last edited:

Cruxx

Alfrescian
Loyal
If cannot compare to Canada, do we use our neighbours as a yardstick to gauge how we are doing :confused: PAP will never do that as they wouldn't be able to justify their "world class" salaries:rolleyes:

The PAP started the comparing game to highlight their achievements but as Sporeans get more worldly they realise just how screwed up things are in Spore:smile:

People who have tried to changes things political have ended up as either bankrupts or exiles. Is it any wonder Sporeans have become cynical or crazy in Spore:( It's simpler to vote with their feet which many have already done.

Spore will never have companies like Microsoft/Apple because of the obstacle of the PAP & their "system". Just look at the many global successes of Taiwanese & Korean companies compared to failures of Spore companies.

Relax bro. Just join us ex-Sinkies and live the high life in the first world and let these Sinkie sheep persist in their misguided nationalist pride. Ignorance is bliss, who are we to burst their bubbles? :smile:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Relax bro. Just join us ex-Sinkies and live the high life in the first world and let these Sinkie sheep persist in their misguided nationalist pride. Ignorance is bliss, who are we to burst their bubbles? :smile:

I'm currently still in Spore, so like or not LKY & company are still my problem:(

However I'm not worried because I've got most of my money invested outside of Spore:smile:

At least I'll get to see the last leaf fall. The end game is not too far away, 1yr? 2 yrs?,..., it's only a matter of time. Probably get a chance to see the fall of the Lee dynasty & the PAP dogs fight among themselves when that happens.

I predict that LKY will be posthumously reviled & everything that's wrong in Spore will be blamed on LKY.:biggrin:

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Live seafood may not be good as the tanks that the vast majority of seafood is held in are much too crowded, with questionable filtration. Often times one can see a buildup of bubbles on the water surface, which means that protein wastes are building up beyond the capacity of the water and filtration (if any) and the organisms are probably being stressed out by lack of proper diet, cramped living conditions, poor water quality, lack of dissolved oxygen, and high amounts of ammonia and nitrites. This probably results in seafood whose tissues are far too taxed with the aforementioned toxins.

That's true too. The limits of tanks. But if you go to JB the seafood row opposite of Sembawang, you'll get to choose your "victims" from mini-ponds. However, don't expect too much when on group tours and table set course bookings. They'll unload the worst and unfreshest on these. Go as a family or private group. Order ala carte and choose your "victims." They won't shortchange you on these and it's not very expensive too.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Just came back from my latest visit to Mustaffa. They still haven't totally completed their move to the new wing

However they have completed filling up the 1st floor with supplements, daily living aids, beauty care products, etc. The new wing also now includes GNC & Eu Yan Seng. I can safely say that Mustaffa has the best selection than any other store in Spore e.g. Watson, Guardian Pharmacy,...

On another floor of the new wing they are displaying separate name brands like Nautica, Dockers, etc. In other words, the new wing is going upscale.

This is a transition from the old Mustaffa famous for it's pasar malam like store to a true department store. You can still see the old pasar malam format in the old wing, but the new wing is what many Sporeans are used to.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Just came back from my latest visit to Mustaffa. They still haven't totally completed their move to the new wing

However they have completed filling up the 1st floor with supplements, daily living aids, beauty care products, etc. The new wing also now includes GNC & Eu Yan Seng. I can safely say that Mustaffa has the best selection than any other store in Spore e.g. Watson, Guardian Pharmacy,...

On another floor of the new wing they are displaying separate name brands like Nautica, Dockers, etc. In other words, the new wing is going upscale.

This is a transition from the old Mustaffa famous for it's pasar malam like store to a true department store. You can still see the old pasar malam format in the old wing, but the new wing is what many Sporeans are used to.

I was there last week at about 3am. Where in S'pore can you find sales assistants in slippers? Cashier was asleep and I had to wake him up. Some ah tiongs were eating snake at a corner, pretending to arrange some items.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I was there last week at about 3am. Where in S'pore can you find sales assistants in slippers? Cashier was asleep and I had to wake him up. Some ah tiongs were eating snake at a corner, pretending to arrange some items.

Those who've done NS can understand about taking naps at 3am:smile:

I used to go there at night because parking was free, but nowadays I take the MRT. Today was a strange day saw many indian tourists at the station, some were wearing indian sarongs & were bare footed:eek: Spore is becoming a strange place:rolleyes:

Saw a Japanese couple at a vegetarian restaurant taking pictures of the indian dishes they had ordered. They were using using an electronic translator gadget trying to understand the indian menu:smile: Saw them making a sandwich from the pratas & veggie sauces:biggrin: One never know what one will see around there :smile:

allanlee

Alfrescian
Loyal
I'm currently still in Spore, so like or not LKY & company are still my problem:(

However I'm not worried because I've got most of my money invested outside of Spore:smile:

At least I'll get to see the last leaf fall. The end game is not too far away, 1yr? 2 yrs?,..., it's only a matter of time. Probably get a chance to see the fall of the Lee dynasty & the PAP dogs fight among themselves when that happens.

I predict that LKY will be posthumously reviled & everything that's wrong in Spore will be blamed on LKY.:biggrin:

I was supposed to move to Canada for good last month but I've purposedly postponed it because I want to cast my vote :biggrin: (the freaky cold weather there was another reason :biggrin:).

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I was supposed to move to Canada for good last month but I've purposedly postponed it because I want to cast my vote :biggrin: (the freaky cold weather there was another reason :biggrin:).

Yes it can be cold in winter. Even Vancouver can be wet. Better go in spring or summer:smile:

All Sporeans should give LKY a proper "send off" as he deserves it:biggrin: This is likely the last chance to do so :eek:

I really didn't know yesterday was Thaipusam:o Otherwise I would have avoided little India. I took the MRT & didn't go up to the street level & on the way home took the shuttle bus which was diverted & so I did not see the kavadi carriers.

Shiva

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just went there few weeks back, the customer service is very lousy. But the mall is big indeed.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Victoria, BC :smile:....... I leased a place in James Bay which I intend to use as a base to suss out other suitable locations to settle down permanently. :p

Was there in the 80s. Lovely place with lots of retirees - that was what my granduncle told me.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Cities in those two provinces are just too backward and cold. I would prefer Van or Toronto. More lively there.

I've of course heard that it's cold but I've spent time in Edmonton so have to wonder if it's any worse :smile:

I've also lived in Toronto but I prefer Vancouver even though I haven't stayed there. I like Vancouver because it seems more more natural where as Toronto has more concrete & crowds. It also feels very Asian :smile:

It's closer to the west coast of the US which in my opinion is nicer than the east coast.