• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Mrs LKY presented her a cane and requested to use it on LHL

Green Light

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nanyang principal's story

'Mrs Lee presented her with a cane and requested that she use it, if necessary, for disciplining her son.'

DR REUBEN WONG: 'Listening to the eulogies to Mrs Lee Kuan Yew, one is saddened yet inspired by the principles which guided her life. My grandmother, the late Madam Cho Han Wah who was a long-serving headmistress of Nanyang Primary School, often recounted the time when Mrs Lee's eldest son, Hsien Loong, was admitted as a pupil in her school. Mrs Lee presented her with a cane and requested that she use it, if necessary, for disciplining her son who, as we know, grew up to be the Prime Minister of Singapore. Fortunately, this was never required. This and anecdotes about my grandmother's subsequent meetings with Mrs Lee spoke volumes of the values which she held fast to, and undoubtedly instilled in her children.'

cooleo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Now we know why Ass Loong turned out to be such a misfit. Can't even quote a local delicacy (mee siam no want hum!) properly.

Spock

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wayang lah. Emperor give you the 尚方宝剑 sword to use, you dare to use it on his son? Even if you are also given the 免死金牌 excuse-death token, you will not dare to use it because you might get a treatment worse than death after that. Power has its privileges.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Wayang lah. Emperor give you the 尚方宝剑 sword to use, you dare to use it on his son? Even if you are also given the 免死金牌 excuse-death token, you will not dare to use it because you might get a treatment worse than death after that. Power has its privileges.

How many more tales, must we be subjected to hear??, soon the kebun will tell his tale, the driver, the amah che, the...ad infnium

What if LKY dies....I dread to buy the newspaper, turn on the TV or listen to the radio....it will go on, and on and on and on and on to eternity. I shudder to think of it!

Kid278

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nanyang principal's story

'Mrs Lee presented her with a cane and requested that she use it, if necessary, for disciplining her son.'

DR REUBEN WONG: 'Listening to the eulogies to Mrs Lee Kuan Yew, one is saddened yet inspired by the principles which guided her life. My grandmother, the late Madam Cho Han Wah who was a long-serving headmistress of Nanyang Primary School, often recounted the time when Mrs Lee's eldest son, Hsien Loong, was admitted as a pupil in her school. Mrs Lee presented her with a cane and requested that she use it, if necessary, for disciplining her son who, as we know, grew up to be the Prime Minister of Singapore. Fortunately, this was never required. This and anecdotes about my grandmother's subsequent meetings with Mrs Lee spoke volumes of the values which she held fast to, and undoubtedly instilled in her children.'

Pillow talked the Old far to wield an iron fist to instill fear, the son not hesitate fixing his opponents. Now, these speaks volumes too.

cass888

Alfrescian
Loyal

LHL was the good boy in the family anyway. I'm more curious about the principal of the other one. :biggrin:

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Parent giving headmaster a cane on the child's first day of school was a widely practised custom in those days. Don't believe just go and read Lat's Kampong boy comics.

I think this tradition should be brought back. Kids nowadays have become spoilt sissies.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
During school days, I've been ruler-caned on my palm quite a few times for miscellaneous offences like not handing in homeworks, bullying classmates etc. I've had one occasion of caning at assembly, 2 strokes, for an all-out recess "gang clash" between schoolmates. They were all given 2 strokes too. I've never complained, I think these were all fairly meted and administered punishments.

However, they're some teachers who went overboard. Once when I was in Sec. 3, I dozed off during a physics class (afternoon session) because I was damn tired after the ECA football training in the morning. I was rudely awakened by a blackboard duster knocking on my skull. By reflex, I retaliated and punched that maniac Indian teacher in the nose, felling him to the floor with a bloody nose.

Of course it blew up into big hoo-haa...principal's office, parents called up etc. I admitted to dozing off but pleaded self defence by reflex of course. My father told the principal and the teacher, it's alright if they punished me by caning properly, but that was assault and student abuse, with 40 witnesses. Want to call MOE and police?

Principal's face turned pale (the Indian teacher face too dark to turn pale) and changed tone, no no no, just trying to let my dad know the incident. My dad replied, now that he's informed of incident, what's the principal going to do about it?

Principal's face turned a whiter shade of pale. He said the matter would be looked into seriously and appropriate action would be taken. Dad also could be bothered any further and have no intention of breaking that teacher's ricebowl over this. So he said alright, it's your duty to take care of my son in your school, make sure he's alright. If he's naughty, it's also alright for you to punish him properly, not assault him.

Next week, the maniac Indian teacher was transferred to another school.

silverfox@

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nowadays no one practise caning. And I think many kids these days have not even seen a cane before. Maybe have lah, sugarcane. :p

Spare the rod and spoil the child.

sir cum-a-lot

Alfrescian
Loyal
Caning or flogging is just a display to show the rest of the flock that the authority is right. While those deemed to be disobedient shall be at the receiving end of the cane.

During my time, my folks enrolled me into a Chinese school where English & Chinese were for some stupid reason made 1st languages. the irony of the system being, failing English retards your progress to next level, while failing Chinese has no ill effects (except to stretch one's threshold of pain).

seeing the importance of English literacy in society, while the mother tongue being a remote language used, I decided to drop Chinese; failing at every single spelling/dictation, term tests, semester exams straight thru PSLE & O-Levels.

Week after week, month after month, swatting on my palm was a regular fixture; even the principal couldn't make any impact/influence to change my views on the redundancy of mother tongue, being a subject to pass in academics.

My explanation to each teacher/ form teacher/ HOD/ principal remained unchanged: "look at society & tell me, the importance of English vs. the insignificance of Chinese?"

Each time, they were all tongue tied, they couldn't refute my rationale that Chinese was a redundant subject; it was good to have, but not a must have.

i_am_belle

Alfrescian
Loyal
maybe gecko told nanyang principal ... if any kid dares to bully my ah loong son, pls cane that kid ... :p :wink:

this seems more in line with Lee Family behavior toward singaporeans ... :cool:

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
During school days, I've been ruler-caned on my palm quite a few times for miscellaneous offences like not handing in homeworks, bullying classmates etc. I've had one occasion of caning at assembly, 2 strokes, for an all-out recess "gang clash" between schoolmates. They were all given 2 strokes too. I've never complained, I think these were all fairly meted and administered punishments.

However, they're some teachers who went overboard. Once when I was in Sec. 3, I dozed off during a physics class (afternoon session) because I was damn tired after the ECA football training in the morning. I was rudely awakened by a blackboard duster knocking on my skull. By reflex, I retaliated and punched that maniac Indian teacher in the nose, felling him to the floor with a bloody nose.

Of course it blew up into big hoo-haa...principal's office, parents called up etc. I admitted to dozing off but pleaded self defence by reflex of course. My father told the principal and the teacher, it's alright if they punished me by caning properly, but that was assault and student abuse, with 40 witnesses. Want to call MOE and police?

Principal's face turned pale (the Indian teacher face too dark to turn pale) and changed tone, no no no, just trying to let my dad know the incident. My dad replied, now that he's informed of incident, what's the principal going to do about it?

Principal's face turned a whiter shade of pale. He said the matter would be looked into seriously and appropriate action would be taken. Dad also could be bothered any further and have no intention of breaking that teacher's ricebowl over this. So he said alright, it's your duty to take care of my son in your school, make sure he's alright. If he's naughty, it's also alright for you to punish him properly, not assault him.

Next week, the maniac Indian teacher was transferred to another school.

Hahaha, that's all you got? Wah, u went to holiday camp in secondary school or what? In primary school, I was once caned on the palm of my hand by a teacher, using the sharp edge of a steel ruler. My palms were cut and bleeding, and that night I had to go to SGH for x-ray. Fortunately, no broken bones in the hand. Years later When I was an adult, I refelected on this, and it gave me much anger. So, I went to look for the principal of the school to whack the shit of him. But he had already died. So, too bad for me.

cooleo

Alfrescian
Loyal
maybe gecko told nanyang principal ... if any kid dares to bully my ah loong son, pls cane that kid ... :p :wink:

this seems more in line with Lee Family behavior toward singaporeans ... :cool:

Maybe the detention room can serve as a temporary school ISD holdout cell for bullies of Ass Loong.

streetsmart73

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
How many more tales, must we be subjected to hear??, soon the kebun will tell his tale, the driver, the amah che, the...ad infnium

What if LKY dies....I dread to buy the newspaper, turn on the TV or listen to the radio....it will go on, and on and on and on and on to eternity. I shudder to think of it!

hi there

1. bro, bingo!
2. honest, no offence to the deceased.
3. enough is enough on how good and excellent the deceased was.
4. fine, she was an excellent wife, mother and things.
5. come on! she is dead now.
6. sheep should just shut up and let the deceased rip.
7. after all, she was just some wife, mother and things, not that she was some mother teresa material or saint.

cooleo

Alfrescian
Loyal
hi there

1. bro, bingo!
2. honest, no offence to the deceased.
3. enough is enough on how good and excellent the deceased was.
4. fine, she was an excellent wife, mother and things.
5. come on! she is dead now.
6. sheep should just shut up and let the deceased rip.
7. after all, she was just some wife, mother and things, not that she was some mother teresa material or saint.

1. yo bro.
2. your style of writing
3. is v cute.
4. anyway the woman
5. is way overrated!
6. she can at best
7. be known as BEST HOUSEWIFE
8. that's all