• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

More PAP sad stories - Family lived on a tin of biscuits for weeks

eErotica69

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Koh thinks he is from poor childhood.Does he really know what is poor ?
Has he seen families sharing 1 apple cut into 8 pieces ?
Has he seen familes eating plain porridge and smelling a small piece of salted fish hanging in the air ?
Come on,Do u all think a high class mortal understand the daily problems of the lesser mortals ?
Moreover,Even if he understand he also cannot do anything cos his hands and legs are straitjacketd , mouth masking-taped and eyes blind-folded.
Think about it over breakfast.Who will cry for Singapura ?

You talk a lot hor? Have you or your family been poor before?

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Quite true. Very seldom kampong people so jialat. My grandparents grew pandan leaves and the kampong house(including the yard and garden) is about half a football field. When government wanted to chase all these farmers away, they are paid for their fruit trees. So how can the family be so poor.....

your ah gong must be from LCK.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Totally agree with you.

In fact, sometimes, after enduring hardships and finally "making it", the person feels that he deserves to succeed because he worked hard for it, and all others who didn't make it are because they are not working hard enough. Hence there is no need to help them.

I see a lot of people with this mentality. I am afraid it is part of our "meritocratic" and "elitist" culture.

I witnessed many incidents in the SPF which is quite similar to your comments. Quite a number of junior officers (JOs) rose to become senior officers (SOs) without going for further education. Known as promoted from rank-and-file. You would expect them to be more understanding when they got promoted to SO rank of Insp. But many became more quailan after becoming SOs. Some even insisted that their former JO colleagues addressed them as "Sir", no discounts given! They will tekan the JOs more than someone who joined the SPF as a SO. Sad but true and happening.

dietcoke

Alfrescian
Loyal
ccb, Dr koh want to fight sob stories?

ccb, at least his mother still can cook 1 fish to eat. when i was young, family was poor, knn every meal eat chye sim. those days i dont know how much it cost, but now, it cost $1+ per bottle. cb, porridge was cooked with extra extra water, so per bowl was like 1/3 rice, the rest water.

nar beh, last time young, my parents no money buy toys, sometimes downstair got people throw away teddy bears and broken airplanes, some toy soldiers (plastics and the leg got 1 base for them to stand), all me and my siblings sarpo back home play. i can still remember no toys, then me help my sister make 2D barbie ( we draw on paper then cut out), and draw many clothes and accessories for the 2D barbie. thinking back, we sarpo everything. from toys to books to other stuff. can still remember i 'took' back a pencil box, those type that u press 1 button, the sharpener comes out, press another, got magnifying glass come out, but it was broken. only 2 out of the 5 button can be press. but i still take and use.

knn, all my siblings study same primary school. hidden reason being, all the uniform, textbook etc can be passed down. i still remember last time must wear school badge, i think 1 pc 80cent. knn, some times recess time no money eat, go to the fields and search, see can find any badge, sell second hand for 30cent. ccb!

ccb! (i was born in the early 80s) got 1 time my sibling was sick. parents no money to bring my sibling see doctor. mother than no choice used the $25 orchid note (80's are using bird series) to see doctor. so u can imagine how poor we were last time.

na bu chao chee bye fight poor and sad stories? mine are all real life encounters!

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Yes Raiders, when compensation is about to be paid, these "poor, hungry and pathetic" farmers will start planting durian, rambutan, mangosteen, mango and guava saplings as such seedlings are paid the same price as a matured tree. The most highly-prized is usually the durian. Someone who was cleared from Jalan Ulu Sembawang (now a closed army training area) many years ago did exactly that and he was paid hundreds of thousands of dollars. He went on to become the owner of a shophouse in Yishun Northpoint. All his kids are having a good life and the shocking thing is none of them support the PAP's strongman (kopitiam towkay) Teong Eng Siong.

I just wonder why the poor father of KKK did not do this. Maybe he was too honest and went "law pai law", thereby further pushing his kids into the bottomless pit of poverty.

pig farmers almost all have toyota pickup that had those wooden flatbed to bring the pig to market. having land confirm also grow some vegetables, fruits and rear chickens. i cannot imagine arsehole koh childhood so pitiful that eat biscuit as meal. his pig farmer ah gong so bad meh till never help his bus driver father?

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
pig farmers almost all have toyota pickup that had those wooden flatbed to bring the pig to market. having land confirm also grow some vegetables, fruits and rear chickens. i cannot imagine arsehole koh childhood so pitiful that eat biscuit as meal. his pig farmer ah gong so bad meh till never help his bus driver father?

That's right my classmate parents also raising pig ... Dam fucking rich !!

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
arsehole koh confirm BS. sure there were poor families in punggol but a poor pig farmer damned farking rare lor.

That's right .. My primary 3 classmate family who raise pigs can afford to give my classmate $8 everyday ! Me and most classmate got only $1.00 from our parents ...sometimes get none .

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Whether BE or GE, it suddenly becomes 'fashionable' to be poor. Never knew a poor background can suddenly become a prized asset of a MIW. Wonder if their poor background was 'secret' info before they join the MIW.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Isn't Zoe Tay also from a pig farm background.

You don't hear her complaining about how tough it was do you?

Last edited:

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Whether BE or GE, it suddenly becomes 'fashionable' to be poor. Never knew a poor background can suddenly become a prized asset of a MIW. Wonder if their poor background was 'secret' info before they join the MIW.

Maybe limpeh can join politics Liao when I come back .. By the way angkong siao can become a politician a not ? :wink:

melzp

Alfrescian
Loyal
Everyone seems fed up of these sob stories by Dr Koh.

Would u all sob if he dare says that ""he is so poor that he got to
steal every now n then""?

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I witnessed many incidents in the SPF which is quite similar to your comments. Quite a number of junior officers (JOs) rose to become senior officers (SOs) without going for further education. Known as promoted from rank-and-file. You would expect them to be more understanding when they got promoted to SO rank of Insp. But many became more quailan after becoming SOs. Some even insisted that their former JO colleagues addressed them as "Sir", no discounts given! They will tekan the JOs more than someone who joined the SPF as a SO. Sad but true and happening.

I have seen it too.
In front of others, I usually "give face" and called them sir.
I recalled and deeply appreciate a friend (commissioned after 9 months SMC, one year my senior) who came to visit me as a lowly recruit (because I was not selected for direct entry SMC at OCS) at SAFTI.
Fortunately, with his encouragement, some luck, perserverance and God's Blessings, after SISL and my several months with a battalion, I was attended the senior term for the next SMC.
We should not treat "once upon a time colleagues and comrades" harshly, when we are promoted.
I saw that manifested when my then Brigade Commander (first batch OCS) who was not very kind to a CPT, who was a LTA and instructor at first batch OCS. Somehow, this CPT remained a CPT for more than a decade.

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
gayland no longer the same as per u known of. basically turn into ah tiong land liao.

I thought can go geylang for election ... Confirm many brothers will support me :wink: i promise to catch all the drugs pusher in geylang so that my brothers can increase their drugs price to addicts .. Win win situation for politics points gain and to my " brothers " . :wink:

cheerguan

Alfrescian
Loyal

Yes, only fashionable when there's elections around the corner: "Limpeh understand you. I also very jialat/chum see when young"Sob.

When no election coming and with people voicing out their frustrations, those motherfkers will just say...
"What do you think?"
"I don't know what to say!"
"Ok, let's move on"
"Hawker centers, foodcourts or restaurants"
"Go JB n wait to die! It's cheaper!"

"CCB!" I say!

rusty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
By Judith Tan and Audrey Tan
The New Paper
Monday, Jan 21, 2013

Dr Koh also spelt out plans for Punggol East. They include:

- A new community club located near Rivervale Plaza, which is expected to be completed by July; n Pushing for earlier implementation of the dual- carriage LRT;

- Working with residents and transport operators on introducing feeder bus services for residents living in the peripheral areas to connect with the rail;

- Looking into integrated eldercare facilities and comprehensive health screening for the elderly;

- Plans to extend the capacity of the childcare centre at Block 195 and to build more childcare facilities in the community;

- Asking the Education Ministry to expand after- school care within the schools in Punggol East;

- Exploring the possibility of making more coffee shops available in Punggol East;

- Setting up a job placement centre, together with the monthly food distribution programme to help families experiencing difficulties get back on "their own two feet".

- As a member of the Pasir Ris-Punggol Town Council to improve the estates and facilities ...

How come Michael Palmer did not do all those? Period.

Last edited: