• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

More PAP sad stories - Family lived on a tin of biscuits for weeks

Brightkid

Alfrescian
Loyal
The more sob stories he sprouted, the more we need to be wary of this doctor.

Firstly, what has he done for ANYONE since he experienced proverty when young?

Had he done any pro bono work after he qualified as a doctor?

Secondly, as he is only joined PAP just couple of weeks before the BE, what has he been doing for the good of the people? If not, why only now?

Thirdly, why only want to serve people during the BE? Can he not serve or contribute with compassion without the need to join PAP? There are thousands of unsung heroes volunteering everyday to make life better for many unfortunate people among us!

Given that he is so hard to accept his poverty, that he kept haroping on it, during his childhood and NOTHING to show his intention to serve and return to community after he graduated as a doctor, it seemed to me that he is actually out on a vengence to grab what he had lost before!

Lets see if he continues to volunteer after he lost this BE!

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The bestest story must be about how a young man had to struggle during WW2 so he decided to work for the Japanese :rolleyes:
This same person went on to defend all the extra eggs he received as being normal, as everyone was doing it:eek:

jw5

Loyal
And so he thinks joining PAP in the current day and age will allow him to help poor people?
Or is he just saying that he's not poor anymore, nanananana............
This fellow is going to have all these sob stories backfire on him at the polls because people who hear them will be damn tulan.

Sir_Fcuk

Lunch Corporal
Loyal
By Judith Tan and Audrey Tan
The New Paper
Monday, Jan 21, 2013

PEOPLE'S Action Party (PAP) candidate Koh Poh Koon said he knows what is like to be poor.

Speaking at the first campaign rally of this by-election, the 40-year-old colorectal surgeon told a crowd that growing up, his family of seven had to share a kuning fish (yellowstripe scad).

"My mum would strip the fish bare of all the flesh, mesh it up, mix it in the porridge and flavour it with some soya sauce. And that was all we'd get for a meal," he said, adding that his mother would eat only the bones, fish head and tail.

"There were times when we could not even afford this. A tin of biscuits given by my uncle would be the ration for the whole family for a couple of weeks," he said.

Having lived through poverty, Dr Koh felt he would be able to empathise with the issues of the lower-income families. He told the crowd that hope, family and action have shaped him and made him what he is today.

"And I humbly offer myself to be at your service, to be your MP," he said.

Also weighing in was Education Minister Heng Swee Kiat,who called Dr Koh"a good man".

Fcuk Mr Heng lah.... don't tell me he also know this guy for years like Chan CS and Tan CJ?!?

I also grew up on porridge with soy sauce in it, and I'm almost a decade younger than Dr Koh. WTFing big deal about his ah gua sob stories

Last edited:

kopiuncle

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
waulau you guys all sit on judgement
you all know dr koh so well
how do you know he did not do anything for the poor
how do you know he was just telling sob stories
eveyone has a story to tell
give him a chance lor
old uncle also grew up drenched in sweat and poverty
but do you really know me
just gas work only - troll lah, IB lah, porlumpar lah etc
sitting on judgement is easy
speaking the truth is not
so be a bit kinder to this good doctor
give him a chance to prove himself lah
instead of harpooning him so early
we all need some help some time

HorGauGan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Did this PAP DOGGIE donate regularly to charity?????????????????????????????? KNN. MAI TOK COCK. Chao PAP DOGGIE the ASSSHOLE LOVER. :oIo::oIo::oIo:

Raiders

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
wao lao, at least still got kunning. my parents just take out a small cube of fermenated beancurd from the jar and eat with plain porridge. we share a cube for one meal. leftover keep for next meal. wanna compare poor, ptui.....

a pig farmer so boh lui? who believe... his father no real son of the pig farmer ah gong meh? limpeh also stay punggol (currently call rivervale), i never see pig rearing family so "koh lian".

Quite true. Very seldom kampong people so jialat. My grandparents grew pandan leaves and the kampong house(including the yard and garden) is about half a football field. When government wanted to chase all these farmers away, they are paid for their fruit trees. So how can the family be so poor.....

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
If really damn poor kind, won't have the money to study. Need to go out to work from as young as 8 to support family. So I will really consider his sob story as out of touch.

sapphire66

Alfrescian
Loyal
Could any old neighbors or primary school classmates stand up to vouch that he was really poor, or otherwise? Singapore is so small, there must be a bunch of people who lived near him or went to school with him before. For example, Hri Kumar Nair was staying on the second floor of Blk 224 Lorong 8 Toa Payoh back in the 80s, same block as me.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Being poor when young and succeeding later does not necessarily mean he will fight for you in parliament. Many of our current MPs and ministers also grew up in poor families. Look at them today. They are their first priority. For voters who trust this doc can change S'pore, they better consult AYG.

loneshark

Alfrescian
Loyal
Being poor when young and succeeding later does not necessarily mean he will fight for you in parliament. Many of our current MPs and ministers also grew up in poor families. Look at them today. They are their first priority. For voters who trust this doc can change S'pore, they better consult AYG.

Totally agree with you.

In fact, sometimes, after enduring hardships and finally "making it", the person feels that he deserves to succeed because he worked hard for it, and all others who didn't make it are because they are not working hard enough. Hence there is no need to help them.

I see a lot of people with this mentality. I am afraid it is part of our "meritocratic" and "elitist" culture.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
how do you know he did not do anything for the poor

That he is not bragging about it (if he has done anything) while keep bragging about his poor childhood is indicative that he has done nothing charitable.

how do you know he was just telling sob stories

Because he keeps harping on it.

so be a bit kinder to this good doctor
give him a chance to prove himself lah
instead of harpooning him so early
we all need some help some time

He will have many years to prove himself if he does not get elected.

Last edited:

Kohliantye

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Quite true. Very seldom kampong people so jialat. My grandparents grew pandan leaves and the kampong house(including the yard and garden) is about half a football field. When government wanted to chase all these farmers away, they are paid for their fruit trees. So how can the family be so poor.....

Yes Raiders, when compensation is about to be paid, these "poor, hungry and pathetic" farmers will start planting durian, rambutan, mangosteen, mango and guava saplings as such seedlings are paid the same price as a matured tree. The most highly-prized is usually the durian. Someone who was cleared from Jalan Ulu Sembawang (now a closed army training area) many years ago did exactly that and he was paid hundreds of thousands of dollars. He went on to become the owner of a shophouse in Yishun Northpoint. All his kids are having a good life and the shocking thing is none of them support the PAP's strongman (kopitiam towkay) Teong Eng Siong.

I just wonder why the poor father of KKK did not do this. Maybe he was too honest and went "law pai law", thereby further pushing his kids into the bottomless pit of poverty.

soIsee

Alfrescian
Loyal
If he truly empathize with the poor, why has he done anything prior to joining the PAP? Surely, he could have provided free services to those who seek his expertise but could not afford his fees.

You judge a person by his actions, not his spin. He's spinning away. But his actions do not match up with his spin.

A very obvious trait that Koh displayed in his medical profession would have easily betrayed all his display of 'wanting to help the poor'

And that is him going to join the cut throat PRIVATE medical world.

You see, ppl like Koh although he knew of the hardship of growing up have instead turn this hardship into personal wanting of more wealth and the same trait will follow his method of thinking whenever and whatever he does.

He will and has placed his self interest first in many things he had and will do.

His way that he had chosen to live his life was a dead giveaway about what kind of doctor he was and what kind person he truly is.

MaiTuLiow

Alfrescian
Loyal
If Dr Koh want to serve people he would not have opened his own clinic lah. That kind of clinic is only for the rich. Not for ordinary folks like you and me.

He could very well stayed in SGH or whatever government clinic to serve the people.

Why people gets conned so easily is beyond me.

Mai tu liow lah, vote for WP!