• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

More drama at Bedok Reservoir suicide duo's wake

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Can buy 4D liao. 2509. But I thought spirits normally float and glide, how come got footprints:(

the powder method is actually an old trick which is used by amateur ghost hunters. heard that people use it to see if the spirit comes back on the 7th night, but it is disrespectful of the spirit.

Cruxx

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ghosts, 9/11 conspiracies - it's amazing how arrogant the layman could be when academics often profess ignorance.

cheowyonglee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Can buy 4D liao. 2509. But I thought spirits normally float and glide, how come got footprints:(

this is what you think only.what i think is, they are still new ghosts, so might not have the ability to glide.i think so...
maybe after sometime then they know how to fly.or if i am wrong?any oldies know the answer?

pocoyo

Alfrescian
Loyal
hmm..isn't it Chinese belief that if you die by committing suicide, u go hell n get punished or something?

If I remember correctly, it's a buddhist's or Taoist's belief that a person who commit suicide will never get a rebirth.

In addition to that, as what in some asian movie and supernatural article is suggesting, that the person who has committed suicide will keep repeating the action of the suicide in the netherworld after his or her death.

There's also a saying in order to break away from the above cycle and to get a rebirth, that spirit has to 'pull' someone from the human world to the netherworld..

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
There's also a saying in order to break away from the above cycle and to get a rebirth, that spirit has to 'pull' someone from the human world to the netherworld..

Kindly allow me to nominate one 89 year old man whose partner is already there. Seconders?

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Stupid Chinese newspaper keep on encouraging delusion ppl to be stupid .. That was not even a footprint .

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i am surprised that as a national paper - Lianhe wanbao joined in to "promote" such beliefs of checking if the deceased returned on 7th night?

come on, the funeral is over, leave the family alone and allow them to get back to normal life. By keep reporting on one side of the matter, what stand is the newspaper trying to take? Isn't it supposed to be neutral? Thus far, we hear the woman's side of the story and the newspaper has succeeded in one way, to swing public opinion to the side of the lady.

CB, just leave the family alone...wake over, bodies cremated...time to move on...

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal
If these reporters keep hounding the families and do nothing constructive, more tragedy to come.

i am surprised that as a national paper - Lianhe wanbao joined in to "promote" such beliefs of checking if the deceased returned on 7th night?

come on, the funeral is over, leave the family alone and allow them to get back to normal life. By keep reporting on one side of the matter, what stand is the newspaper trying to take? Isn't it supposed to be neutral? Thus far, we hear the woman's side of the story and the newspaper has succeeded in one way, to swing public opinion to the side of the lady.

CB, just leave the family alone...wake over, bodies cremated...time to move on...

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal
It a taoist belive. Last tum haw par villa got the 18th level of hell. Some temples in china also got such exhibits, like cut tounge, put in boiling oil ect.

My uncle had a near death experience, after doctors revived him. He said he kena scolded by a magistrate in chinese costume. Then I thought to myself, why ang mo see only white light when they have near death experience. Maybe its just the brain playing tricks.

Then another uncle say, some can hear metal chains being dragged on the floor in hospitals because the cow and horse head soliders are dragging souls away from the dead body.:(

One friend said his little daughter saw a lady standing along a corridor of Mt E hospital, and she ask him why she was standing there. But my friend's gaze followed the direction of his daughters finger but couldn't see anything. Dont know his daughter trying to make fun of him or not also.:o

If I remember correctly, it's a buddhist's or Taoist's belief that a person who commit suicide will never get a rebirth.

In addition to that, as what in some asian movie and supernatural article is suggesting, that the person who has committed suicide will keep repeating the action of the suicide in the netherworld after his or her death.

Last edited:

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal
The old generation say, throw the ash from the incense urn and spread in infront of the altar during the funneral. The type of footprints that appear indicates the form of rebirth.

But I think sometimes, cat, dogs come looking for food in the wake leaves footprints also. So up to one to believe.:confused:

the powder method is actually an old trick which is used by amateur ghost hunters. heard that people use it to see if the spirit comes back on the 7th night, but it is disrespectful of the spirit.

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The old generation say, throw the ash from the incense urn and spread in infront of the altar during the funneral. The type of footprints that appear indicates the form of rebirth.

But I think sometimes, cat, dogs come looking for food in the wake leaves footprints also. So up to one to believe.:confused:

well all I want to say is that I have experienced things at a good friend's funeral when he passed away 17 years ago. I also have a good friend who lost her mom suddenly to cancer.. but she somehow made contact from beyond to reach my friend. That was how strong a baba mother's love is for her daughter.

sorry both stories are too personal to tell in a public forum.

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If these reporters keep hounding the families and do nothing constructive, more tragedy to come.

Agree... Think its time the reporters leave the families alone... This funeral is turning out to be a farce and a circus... Even the girls in my office are talking about the family earlier during lunch.. The whole country is watching on them.. Its just sad..:(

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

what i heard is...they don't literally walk & leave footprints...i mean,if they are in spiritual form, they aren't supposed to leave "marks" in this world...

another version i heard, they manifest in form of moths to visit their loved ones....hence i tend to leave moths alone (esp those giant ones)...believing that it could one of my passed away elder / relatives coming back to "visit"...

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ok. Respect other people's privacy. But can just say how contacted bo?

What I heard from a relative is; one day within the first 7 or 49 days, while sleep....heard the decease call out to him from outside the room.

well all I want to say is that I have experienced things at a good friend's funeral when he passed away 17 years ago. I also have a good friend who lost her mom suddenly to cancer.. but she somehow made contact from beyond to reach my friend. That was how strong a baba mother's love is for her daughter.

sorry both stories are too personal to tell in a public forum.

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal
This one I heard and seen.:o

another version i heard, they manifest in form of moths to visit their loved ones....hence i tend to leave moths alone (esp those giant ones)...believing that it could one of my passed away elder / relatives coming back to "visit"...

alvin36

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is like a mini drama, I wonder what the husband did to his wife all these years.....

on the other hand... i wonder what her fanily did to her too ??
she has been sufferring from depression last 2-3 years, what did the family did to help her ?
did they help her to get a proper treatment ?

seems that her family are quite unreasonable and rude too.

why didnt they help to mediate they divorce case ? instead of helping her to prevent the father from seeing the son.

from the events in the funeral wake, I dont think that her family has help her in the correct way last 2-3 years....so sad..... :(