• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

More drama at Bedok Reservoir suicide duo's wake

Received_by_Kings

Alfrescian
Loyal
For those who were born as orphans, you often live your lives wondering why and your minds are likely filled with multitudes of what-if scenarios, coupled with a sense of incompleteness and even anger. Please understand the strong possibility that even if you met and lived with your biological parents they may not be that good to you than compared to your step parents or in some cases, they might even do harm to you - psychologically or even in a probably more minor way like withholding your ambitions and desires out of their lack of understanding, ignorance and their inability to relate.

It is difficult, but please try to let the past go and accept them and be filial to them as your real parents if you can see as clear as day that that they are doing their best for you. It is always the temptation of the mind to think of the grass as being greener on the other side, quite similar to the emigration squabbles we have here, but reality you must note, often actually falls below expectations once you are there. Similarly, I have seen and heard of how so many of my friends, acquaintances and many other people live wrecked and wretched lives under their own parents from being mentally-chained by them and by following their poor advice and decisions.

Regardless of social class good natural parents are pretty much harder to find let alone witness than good step parents, like a jewel in a dross, so please live in ease and take good care of yourselves, and them as well for their selfless efforts in taking care of you. Always bear in mind that there is a high possibility the reality is often an uglier thing you'd wish you'd never get to look at.

I am saying this because I am open-minded (it makes you see things better), I have some knowledge of what is going on in society from my observations and most importantly I am concerned.

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal
On hilton case, in my opinion, reporters are partly to blame; by taking photos of her after her attempted suicide and splashing her photo all over. How to expect a person to go public and lead a normal life after? Moreover, she is agriefed. IMH got suicide ward. It depends on how much the family members want to do, if admission is required they have to push for it and let the doctors know, for ones best interest.

On the current case, even if one cannot make amends to the relationship, there are a lot of single parents making good. Its all about one's knowledge and psychological state of mind. And ability to let go of past relationships.

I know easier said than done, but I have come across cases where personal friends, neighbours and collegues were faced with the above predicaments. And it can be done to good effect, depends on the heart and efforts of those around the person.

I agree, cant keep watch 24/7 at home, that's where caregivers are most stressed.

actually, someone who is bent to die is difficult to "counsel", brings me to compare against the Hilton bride case...she was counselled, given psychiatric help, but still decide to take her life after one year.

point is, on hindsight, we say, must pay more attention to the woman, etc, but you cannot literally keep her under watch 24/7 short of sending her to mental institution or sedate her...even then, if she is really bent on killing herself & everyone else, she will do it, if not 1 year, 2 years or 3 years later.

unfortunately, the only way to "improve" then was the mending of relationship with the husband...but that was not to be the case.

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal
My point is not to cling on to one sole belief without proof, keep the mind open. Some insight on the psychological state of mind that I gained during my mom's passing.

Do you want to believe in something when there is doubt? Therein lies the paradox.....do you still want to believe it exists or don't exists, when both are not proven. Therefore, there is a saying "What matters, no matter". Here and now is more important, time spent thinking if the netherworld exists or not is fruitless and unproductive.

If one wants to believe, then it is blind faith....and we have seen many real life cases the negative effects of blind faith through exploitation.

In short, you mean there is no netherworld.

While so far no one can prove it's there, none can prove it isn't there either.

What seems to make you so sure about your statement?

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal
Always my belief that when one chooses suicide, they are being irresponsible and selfish towards their parents and people around them, because the other victims are those still living.

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Always my belief that when one chooses suicide, they are being irresponsible and selfish towards their parents and people around them, because the other victims are those still living.

hmm..isn't it Chinese belief that if you die by committing suicide, u go hell n get punished or something?

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just to share. I did counsel a junior staff on suicide, and to make a long story short...... the approach depends if the person is vengeful or not also.:o

This is what I told her; "As your parents child, you are responsible towards your parents. To take care of them in old age as they have taken care of you when you were a helpless child. If you take your own life, you will not be able to do your duty as their child, in that you escape the responsibility in taking care of them.

Say if you have other brothers and sisters to take care of your parents in old age. But your suicide will also agrief your parents and that is a torture to your parents, that is wrong for a child to let their parents go through such emotional torture.

You don't take care of your parents and yet give them further emotional torture for the rest of their life. What happen they cannot take it and also suicide?

Your friends and people around you who love you will also be affected and feel sad also. Do you think it is fair?"

As expected, she cried and said she can'd help it and she has no choice.

Then thats the opening to help empower them to bring them out of the suicidial state..... long story.:o

Objective is to make them feel gulity, understand it is wrong to even harbour such suicidal intentions, and empower them to carry on and realise that they can do it all by themselves.:smile:

Now she is married with one kid liao:smile:

hmm..isn't it Chinese belief that if you die by committing suicide, u go hell n get punished or something?

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
This is what I told her; "As your parents child, you are responsible towards your parents. To take care of them in old age as they have taken care of you when you were a helpless child. If you take your own life, you will not be able to do your duty as their child, in that you escape the responsibility in taking care of them.

err.. there are some living children who still can escape the responsibility in taking care of parents. No need to die for that.

RonRon

Alfrescian
Loyal
On hilton case, in my opinion, reporters are partly to blame; by taking photos of her after her attempted suicide and splashing her photo all over. How to expect a person to go public and lead a normal life after? Moreover, she is agriefed. IMH got suicide ward. It depends on how much the family members want to do, if admission is required they have to push for it and let the doctors know, for ones best interest.
It will be worst if PAP do not regulate press freedom, our reporters would be acting like those Taiwanese and the news will be the same as entertainment show for ppl to laugh at other's misery..

Cruxx

Alfrescian
Loyal
It will be worst if PAP do not regulate press freedom, our reporters would be acting like those Taiwanese and the news will be the same as entertainment show for ppl to laugh at other's misery..

There are more than 2 countries in this world. Many of which enjoy press freedom and high journalistic standards. Only unsophisticated Sinkie sheep would fall for the trite reasoning (look at Somalia! How lucky you are to live in Singapore!) of the PAPzis.

Last edited:

no_faith

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i rmb the report did said the deceased called her mother, hinting she wanted to end her life, right?
how come this has no further details like her mother no sense of urgency or panick?

numero uno

Alfrescian
Loyal
bunch of low class sinkies PAP trying to replace.

agreed wholeheartedly. such locals never fail to amaze me with such low class behaviour and intel. first the husband have affairs outside(cr@p behaviour), then real stupid enough to leave condom in car for wife to find out(says so much about his intelligence), then wife irrational and killed an innocent kid( countless irrational people and now we have Pappies telling them to produce more of such imbeciles/ behaviour). Then you have an old uncle who breaks bottles( for what purpose I just don't understand. if he has any guts or manhood he should take it out on the husband, not shout and break bottles like kiddies and cowards do. he is just like the empty bottles he broke, empty vessels make the most noise. as bruce lee says "boards/bottles do not hit back"). then you have people drinking beer at funereals. what are they doing? celebrating or mourning? frankly speaking if yu look at all the coircumstances, they all ask for it. and evenlet the newpapers have a field day making a mockery of their lives. even have ladies kneeling and begging policeman like in olden days of China. really shameless and shameful. no wonder LKY says must import people to improve local stock

Last edited:

shOUTloud

Alfrescian
Loyal
For all we know, passing away may mean 'the end', no more, disappear forever. But not many people can accept it because they still can't let go and face the possibility that the deceased are gone and disappeared forever, and that they only exists in our consciousness.

You are of course entitled to your own beliefs. Christians hope people go to heavens, we Buddhists just hope they get a good rebirth.

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Come back, my little 'brother'

20110926.110853_bedok-funeral.jpg

By Amanda Yong
The New Paper
Monday, Sep 26, 2011

THEY were cousins.

20110925.170520_bro_int1.jpg

But to Shawn Tan Jun Wei, eight, the little boy whose lifeless body lay in the covered coffin was more like a brother.

And despite his young age, he knew what it meant to be his brother's keeper.

Yesterday, he ensured that in death, his "brother" Jerald Chin Le Hui, three, got everything he loved in life, such as stickers of all types of animals, which he made sure were pasted on the little boy's coffin.

It was the first day of the wake of Le Hui and his mother, Madam Tan Sze Sze, 31.

Shawn kept a zealous, protective eye over Le Hui's tiny coffin once the two coffins were transported to the wake at the block next to Block 811, French Road, where Madam Tan lived with her family.

When undertakers arrived in a lorry with the coffins, he went up to Le Hui's coffin, shouting in Mandarin: "Le Hui, come back! Le Hui, come back!"

Undertaker Roland Tay encouraged him, telling him to shout louder. The adults watched in silence as the boy's high-pitched, childish voice pierced the air.

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Bedok Reservoir deaths: Man bids wife and son hurried goodbye

20110926.132519_willychin.jpg

AsiaOne
Monday, Sep 26, 2011

Deprived by his wife's relatives from attending the funeral wake, Mr Willy Chin finally got to pay his last respects for a short five minutes.

Mr Chin had secretly gone to the wake held at Block 8 French Road yesterday very early in the morning, after his first attempt at seeing his deceased family had been angrily blocked by his wife's relatives.

The bodies of Madam Tan Sze Sze, Mr Chin's wife of five years, and her three-year-old son were found in Bedok Reservoir on Thursday morning after having gone missing for two days.

Madam Tan's family members said that the stress of her broken marriage and fear of losing the custody battle for their son pushed her over the edge.

Mr Chin had previously tried to visit the wake on Friday, 8.45pm, but had been accosted by the angry relatives of Madam Tan.

According to The Straits Times, the in-laws crowded around his van and tried to drag him out while hurling vulgarities and accusing him of causing the deaths.

Mr Chin managed to escape on that occasion, but was subsequently confronted at his house by Madam Tan's mother, sister and her husband and two other relatives. The police were later called to the scene and the sister's husband arrested when he refused to leave.

Mr Chin then attempted on Saturday to have undertaker Roland Tay convince his in-laws to let him visit the wake. In the end, he decided to go to the wake early Sunday morning to avoid meeting the family, said a report in The New Paper.

When he arrived at the wake at 6.50am, his sister-in-law, Ms Celeste Tan, and her husband were asleep near the coffins and his mother-in-law had gone up to her flat to bathe.

This allowed Mr Chin to quietly pay his respects and leave three shopping bags full of toys and clothes for his son, Jerald Chin Le Hui, three.

"His head touched the floor. Then he kissed his son's coffin, then the wife's coffin, before praying and kneeling to bow three times again," Mr Tay told The New Paper.

However, Mr Chin's last gifts to his son were later unceremoniously thrown away by Jerald's 8-year-old cousin, Shawn Tan and his maternal grandmother, Madam Teo Guek Lai, 53.

The bags of clothes and over 50 Happy Meal toys collected over a span of a year were stuffed in black trash bags and left at the rubbish collection area.

Madam Tan's grieving family members believe that the gifts are only a show and have said they will never forgive Mr Chin.

Hahahaman

Alfrescian
Loyal
For all we know, passing away may mean 'the end', no more, disappear forever.

Hoh yeah. Lets make our lives exciting for we only live once.

Tonight can drink and fornicate like no tomorrow. The perverted may think of being Hannibal lecter for once. What the use of being goody goody?:wink:

no_faith

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
dun understand why couples could be once a pair of lovebird and become sworn enemies the next day.
爱生恨

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Now they are even allowing reporters to do ghost investigations!?!?! This is getting overboard!

Bedok Reservoir Deaths: Footprints of deceased’s spirit discovered

Lianhe Wanbao - 2 hrs 9 mins ago

pc_600x450.jpg

The spirits of the drowned mother and son at Bedok Reservoir were believed to have returned to visit their family on Sunday night!

Last Thursday, the bodies of 32-year-old mother Tan Sze Sze and son, Jerald Chin Le Hui, were found at Bedok Reservoir, after reportedly being missing for 2 days. After their wake yesterday afternoon, family members performed a traditional ritual to summon their spirits 7 days after their deaths.

According to the deceased’s mother Tan Geok Lai (53 years old), her family members believed that the deceased had left a note with the date “25 September” written on it and stuck it to her wardrobe before she left home that fateful day. They believed that the note was a reminder to her family to be prepared for her return on the 25[SUP]th[/SUP].

A Lianhe Wanbao reporter was present with the family throughout the night of 25 September to personally experience the ‘return’ of the deceased’s spirit. Mrs Tan had scattered some talcum powder in front of her daughter’s alter so as to capture her spirit’s footprints. The next morning, a set of footrprints were indeed found on the scattered powder.

Lianhe Wanbao, 26.9.2011.