• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

MM said we are a generation that cannot remember.....

huahero

Alfrescian
Loyal
I remember my father sell our land, back to government because they needed it for National development, at peanut price! They did not look after the citizens but sell our land to foreign companies, making huge profit for their own pocket.

政府卖土地给外国人, 就像是卖我们的国家一样!

Cerebral

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
I feel extremely sad when MM constantly tries to remind us about the hardship of nation building and tries to constantly claim credit for it. I think everyone in general thinks that the first 20 years of Singapore was a trying time and he and his team, not him alone, did a good job in building a remarkable nation, albeit some underhand tactics towards his opposition.

However, what he failed to understand is that the rules of the game has changed. Singapore is no longer a backwater economy and we are playing in premier league, not Div 3. It is like an old man constantly reminiscing about his "good old days", without any real consideration about the changing landscape. The youth understands the changing landscape, yet the PAP, especially the old man, still wants to play by their old rules. This is the key cause of disconnect and it is something they will never understand, or never admit to.

Brightkid

Alfrescian
Loyal
MM Leee is stucked in the past.

Whatever was done 50 years ago, was done by a team of really dedicated and selfless team members, whom MM is, respectfully, the only one left. This team, and the many citizens fough and to build Singapore to what it is today. Not the current team of PAP office holders.

This current PAP team is totally out of touch with the ground, objective only to achieve high GDP growth with end result to fatten their own pockets with absolutely no accountability for their failings.

It took a angry groundswell, highlighted by the opposition challenger, to wake this team of world highest-paid minsters to grudingly 'recognise' their follies and to acknowledge the growing dissenting sentiments on the ground.

With the oppositions gaining strength ad recognition, the next coming election will likely see the downfall of PAP iif they still do not wake up NOW. Alas, MM Lee is not likely to witness the throwing out PAP as government of Singapore.

He may have to either have to rise from hius grave, or eat his own dare-words and labelled a a liar.

RoyMcFarland

Alfrescian
Loyal
MM has done a fantastic job when he was PM. His time is over. The longer he stays on, the more problems he's going to create for his son and for the younger ministers. If PM Lee really heard what the electorate said (as he says he did), he should, as the purported man in charge, make the right, and ONLY decision to retire his father...

jw5

Loyal
Let's get Janet Jackson to sing to him:

"What Have You Done For Me Lately?" :biggrin:

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Anyway memory is selective focusing on the past - who's to tell us what to remember or how we we should remember?

He is trying to say that we are an ingrate, after collecting the money, we were suppose t do what we were suppose to do...but we could not remember!

BeHappy

Alfrescian
Loyal
We chose to give up sg status because we know the truth about what lky resorted to during his reign of power.Many of us have learned to evolve into the status of humble earthlings through the help of the guardians.We are willing to help those who wants to evolve.We can see if they are pap agents through their aura.
The intensity of the great earth changes are building up very quickly and the pressures will cause great disasters.Those who do not want to see and accept the facts that what is circulating around is close to the truth and the end times is drawing closer and closer.
For those conceited,arrogant and unworthy half human beasts who thinks that their animalistic intelligence entitles them to thrash others,we tell you to think again.You are stupidly taking the path to your hell.You think you know what the universe holds and you cannot be dealt with. Do not take the path to the eventual termination of your existence in the universe.
Most of the leaders will suffer the same kind of fate for leading humans to their doom and the time is approaching the peak when great catastrophe's will unleash.The fate that we have awaiting them is termination of their universal existence. When the time comes all will be a part of their judgement and sentence.
The truth of what he did will be seen and experienced by all in the astral dimension and we shall lead the masses to rip them to shreds.In the material dimension,pain and suffering is temporary but suffering in the astral dimension is for eternity.When the energy body is in tiny bits and pieces there is no way for it to become whole again.
If you think it is not true then when it happens to you it will be too late.

Conan the Barbarian

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes, Singaporeans cannot remember what was done to them the preceding 5 years.
All you have to do is give them a few hundred dollars and they will vote you despite
everything.

Yes, MM Lee is right, you guys are a generation that cannot remember.....

KuanTi01

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
We draw valuable lessons from the past but we don't dwell on the past! We strive for a better future by moving forward in a brave, principled,liberal and humane way with respect for fairness and fairplay; accomodating differing points of view. Although I am already an ah pek-to-be,can LKY please stop underestimating, belittling and patronising the younger generation?

longbow

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think young gen no longer afraid of threats. Also the old days of detentions without trial, sue for bankruptcy would backfire in today's social media env. In the past you could spread this climate of fear by controlling media to inject the right amount of fear and at the same time sue and remove your opponents.

If you tried to do the marxist catholic church routine today, internet would be ablaze in comments with petitions set up, international pressure. Next thing you know, Pope appears on TV with message etc.

The ground has changed, and what we need is more of a George Yeo type of personality - speaks well and witty with a new message. The old, we will take care of you, without us you are finished is over.

So you need both messager and message. If you look at the social message sides, PAP usually has comments blocked because regardless of how large of an "internet brigade" you have it is tough to defend against a policy that is wrong.

longbow

Alfrescian
Loyal
His son, PM, has not been able to become his own man with Dad constantly looking over his shoulder. Furthermore, one might even ask if PM really wants to go into politics or was it due to pressure from father. Just imagine that constant pressure from parents over the last 50 years. With the old gen of LKY supporters (me included), old man could push his son into politics. But not as easy to explain why LKY's grandson should make it into politics. Especially with young gen.

Sleepless

Alfrescian
Loyal
He is like the evil Mother-In-Law who refuse to let go of her sons and keep harping on how she breastfed them.

Please la. They are big now. Have different needs. And those needs don't include your breasts.

Bigfuck

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
So you need both messager and message. If you look at the social message sides, PAP usually has comments blocked because regardless of how large of an "internet brigade" you have it is tough to defend against a policy that is wrong.
The Pandora's box has opened thanks to LKY. It will not shut. All their ISAs, Army, Police, Quacks, Shit Media does not work anymore. I know there are Singaporeans who kiasu, kiasi and find 1,001 of universe's most ludicrous reasons not to vote opposition, but the tide has change with the post mid 1970s group. They are not afraid to think and not to move forward.

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
...... the hardship of building this nation.

I think he's still threatening the younger generation and very sour about the results of the Election, Hahahaaha.....:biggrin::biggrin:

Then what for we study Singapore history and social studies? Might as well let us drop those subjects.

shitonleeky

Alfrescian
Loyal
I can't help but to comment.

:mad::mad::mad:Old Fart Lee has passed his use-by date. Fucking Old Fart is still living in his little cocoon. Always talking on the hardships in the 50's & 60's. This is the fucking 21st century for christ's sake.:mad::mad::mad:

The old fart never learns to shut his fucking mouth shut. He should have learn from his 'repent' remarks.

He should know that his son will be 'dethroned' the moment he kicked the bucket.

Taro Ries

Alfrescian
Loyal
I remember banana notes. I remember Lim Chin Siong and the secret UK files. I remember Ops Cold Store and Chia Thye Poh, I remember Nantah, I remember Ops Spectrum, I remember Devan Nair, Ong Teng Cheong. I remember Tang Liang Hong, Anson and Cheng San. I remembered your last walkover.

sirus

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I also remember the "stop at 2" and the "no long hair" policies. And etc. etc...the list goes on..

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
I remember banana notes. I remember Lim Chin Siong and the secret UK files. I remember Ops Cold Store and Chia Thye Poh, I remember Nantah, I remember Ops Spectrum, I remember Devan Nair, Ong Teng Cheong. I remember Tang Liang Hong, Anson and Cheng San. I remembered your last walkover.

I remember the British Defending Singapore until the 1970s. I remember TJD Campbell, a British Teacher taking onthe role as head of the Defence Force. I remember Dr. Albert Winsemius. And i remember LKY bluffing us that the Israelis were Mexicans.