• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Meridin at Medini and Astaka Project in Iskandar - any good?

Ks2750

Alfrescian
Loyal
Any idea what is the loan interest rate that is the best .. I am trying to finance my .. Was quoted BLR - 2.4 % lock in 3 years

Last edited:

Newbie11

Alfrescian
Loyal
U should be asking which banks are in the panel. No point looking for cheapest but not approved by developer. Anw your rates look ok.

freekazoid

Alfrescian
Loyal
Any idea what is the loan interest rate that is the best .. I am trying to finance my .. Was quoted BLR - 2.4 % lock in 3 years
Pretty standard all are BLR - 2.4 for property below rm 1m. Lock period may differ 2-3years, key is when lock in period start from, if from first disbursement, construction period normally cover lock-in period. CIMB is the only one without lock-in.

Ks2750

Alfrescian
Loyal
Did ur friend took the cimb one and if so what's the rate ?
Ocbc quoted me BLR - 2.4 % lock in 3 yrs from first disbursement. Semi flexi loan. The Islamic loan there's no lockin but I m not taking that as I heard Islamic loan there is some bad points .
I ask the sales person to explore if can get without lockin.

freekazoid

Alfrescian
Loyal
approached sg maybank once...they advertise widely on oversea loan facility. they said only selected project are applicable. and would not review what are the selected projects. seriously doubt they into oversea loan.

Ks2750

Alfrescian
Loyal
Well I take msian bank loan as likely the ringgit will drop further in the near future..
lock in is not good if u intend to cash in or flip in a "short while" ...
unlike SG -in Msia not allow to sell while undercon..
So if lock in 3 yrs also by the time project completed in 3 yrs time can sell already .. So no diff actually if the period starts at point of disbursement :smile:

freekazoid

Alfrescian
Loyal
In unlikely situation no lock-in does matter i.e. project completed ahead of time like 1 year ahead, or developer issue cause first disbursement delay for above a year. Has seen this before...

Ks2750

Alfrescian
Loyal
The fact they looking for penthouse rather than studio unit shows these are rich retirees..
Opposite somemore got gleneagles hospital (in case needed)
It's good :smile:
They can also visit batam for entertainment needs: from puteri harbour direct ferry :smile:

Ks2750

Alfrescian
Loyal
Meanwhile if u look at the share prices of the developers here like encorp , country view, uem, mulpha land , scientex, tiong nAm , ksl , tropicana , all shoot up between 100 to 500 % ... from their low
Johor is trying to come up from a swamp to become a paradiso.
Last time the sea facing swamp was practically worthless and were given for free or rm 1 to a company name tebrau in exchange for land reclamation works
Now it's $1000 Psf..
So tebrau boss must be very happy Overnight become billionaire hahaha

Ks2750

Alfrescian
Loyal
So the moral of this story is .. When u buy a piece of property .. don't buy base on what u see now .
But base on the "future potential" hohoho
What u see beyond the grass and swamp :smile: