• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Meridin at Medini and Astaka Project in Iskandar - any good?

graveyard

Alfrescian
Loyal
you must have spent ages hunting around for such a condo. my guess is it has old world charm and is well maintained? u bought to stay or rent out?

Actually not really long. I withdrew out of tropez as i felt at that time 6xx psf is too high. Then i went online to research on condo.with good management - names like aloha towers, prima regency, straits view, molek pines popped out. saw an ad for aloha gg for 350k when other similar unit selling 400k. Went to view this, like it and confirm on same day. Since then it has been tenanted. I like the place - 5mins drive to ciq, windy/breezy as its on raised land, high floors have unblocked city/straits view. Good mgt indeed - many security guards patrolling with walkie talkie. very quick to shoo off cars parking any area except the designated lots

Last edited:

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually not really long. I withdrew out of tropez as i felt at that time 6xx psf is too high. Then i went online to research on condo.with good management - names like aloha towers, prima regency, straits view, molek pines popped out. saw an ad for aloha gg for 350k when other similar unit selling 400k. Went to view this, like it and confirm on same day. Since then it has been tenanted. I like the place - 5mins drive to ciq, windy/breezy as its on raised land, high floors have unblocked city/straits view. Good mgt indeed - many security guards patrolling with walkie talkie. very quick to shoo off cars parking any area except the designated lots

good buy!:biggrin:

graveyard

Alfrescian
Loyal
good buy!:biggrin:

Hmm its not perfect though. This is an old condo and facilities are nothing to.shout.about. i have to spend some money to change the pipes due to wear and tear and fix the wiring. Then again, i think the location factor is worth these inconvenience

xixxix

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hmm its not perfect though. This is an old condo and facilities are nothing to.shout.about. i have to spend some money to change the pipes due to wear and tear and fix the wiring. Then again, i think the location factor is worth these inconvenience

Are you Malaysian? I thought foreigners cannot buy properties below 500k?

Chocolate

Alfrescian
Loyal

Good decision. There is a price disparity between the brand new launches and some of the older condos that doesnt make sense to me. For those of us who are Malaysuian and know JB, some of the so called'convenient' locations in Jb that are going at premier prices are areas that the locals with moeny wont buy as they are not considered anywhere near 'atas'. They just happen to be near CIQ.Even with landed its the same.I wonder if this will be the new 'normal' here or will it be unsustainable. A bit like Geylang here. Its convenient but locals dont like the 'flavour/ambience' of the area. However, foreigners dont mind as much as prices have been moving up especially when they re-brand it as Paya Lebar.
The local JB folks associate good neighbourhoods with those around the old town area, and Jalan Straits View area, some of the houses there have lovely sea views.

graveyard

Alfrescian
Loyal
Good decision. There is a price disparity between the brand new launches and some of the older condos that doesnt make sense to me. For those of us who are Malaysuian and know JB, some of the so called'convenient' locations in Jb that are going at premier prices are areas that the locals with moeny wont buy as they are not considered anywhere near 'atas'. They just happen to be near CIQ.Even with landed its the same.I wonder if this will be the new 'normal' here or will it be unsustainable. A bit like Geylang here. Its convenient but locals dont like the 'flavour/ambience' of the area. However, foreigners dont mind as much as prices have been moving up especially when they re-brand it as Paya Lebar.
The local JB folks associate good neighbourhoods with those around the old town area, and Jalan Straits View area, some of the houses there have lovely sea views.

Thanks. on the hindsight, I would be having capital gain if I had bought tropez. But at that time, I reasoned that by the time tropez top, I would have collected few years of rent with a ready ppty like aloha that I can live with depressed rent when all the developments are up and still have a decent yield given the low psf. Well the real atas places in JB will be east ledang, horizon hill I guess. The houses at Jalan Straits View are nice but don’t come cheap as expected due to limited supply and bungalow structure. Anyway, yes I do agree that the good old spacious condos still pose a challenge to the new 1000psf city condo – no frill, no fancy facilities – just good old space. That’s why I am seriously planning to give up Suasana (Matex)

jstan

Bros , i am personally marketing both projects as mention namely Meridin and Astaka. If there's any queries or help i can assist you do contact/sms me @ 96522882. Jazzer Tan

sotong007

Alfrescian
Loyal
All those early buyers already sitting on massive paper gain.
now danga starting PSF 800-900 for worst units. Avg 1200 psf, best ones going for 2000 psf!

graveyard

Alfrescian
Loyal
All those early buyers already sitting on massive paper gain.
now danga starting PSF 800-900 for worst units. Avg 1200 psf, best ones going for 2000 psf!

Overly optimistic - not even KL is hitting 2000psf. It will be long before JB catches up

Chocolate

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks. on the hindsight, I would be having capital gain if I had bought tropez. But at that time, I reasoned that by the time tropez top, I would have collected few years of rent with a ready ppty like aloha that I can live with depressed rent when all the developments are up and still have a decent yield given the low psf. Well the real atas places in JB will be east ledang, horizon hill I guess. The houses at Jalan Straits View are nice but don’t come cheap as expected due to limited supply and bungalow structure. Anyway, yes I do agree that the good old spacious condos still pose a challenge to the new 1000psf city condo – no frill, no fancy facilities – just good old space. That’s why I am seriously planning to give up Suasana (Matex)

East Ledang is in Zone B.Its not even in JB , locals differentiate between Skudai/Gelang Patah and JB. So its Zone A that they prefer to live in.Nothing wrong with Zone B or the other areas in Zone A that Singaporeans target but we have to be aware that these are solely dependent on foreign interest. So there is a certain degree of risk different from buying in areas locals also buy to stay.The only area in Zone B Malaysians seem keen on is Puteri Harbour, I am not vested there. Just making a comment.

sotong007

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just went for a drive to Puteri Harbour and medini Sat morning

Whole stretch of big vast empty land, no cars at the traffic. Its gonna be a while before any Iskandar zone B investor see any actual gains. Paper gains are nice but u gotta find a bigger fool to buy from u with nothing up on the site.......

To be fair there are some earlier projects already building up. Area nearer to the 2nd link and highway is likely gonna higher launch price, (medini lakeside) so early movers made more paper gains

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just went for a drive to Puteri Harbour and medini Sat morning

Whole stretch of big vast empty land, no cars at the traffic. Its gonna be a while before any Iskandar zone B investor see any actual gains. Paper gains are nice but u gotta find a bigger fool to buy from u with nothing up on the site.......

To be fair there are some earlier projects already building up. Area nearer to the 2nd link and highway is likely gonna higher launch price, (medini lakeside) so early movers made more paper gains

I agree. There is still plenty of land at Medini. I don't think the government is really keen to shift to Kota Iskandar. It is very far from staff homes and activity area at JBCC, Tebrau & Johor Jaya and the manufacturing hubs at the east side.

sotong007

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wow 2000 psf ! which developmt ??

i asking around want to hoot waterfront development

brunsfield Iskandar water front. penthouse almost 2k psf. 41 storey..... then got only 14th floor left (start from 7th storey) at 1100 psf......... low / mid floor at this price, the penthouse really selling 2000 psf. i think sold already coz agent say the 14th floor only unit left at tower D (out of 4 tower)

wolverine23

Alfrescian
Loyal
Kind to share what is your unit size and rental currently?

Is it easy to find a tenant? (I am curious as I have bought Tropez...)