• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Meridin at Medini and Astaka Project in Iskandar - any good?

shctaw

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Found a nice high resolution elevated photo of the area (facing south east).

View attachment 10494

The white color buildings are a bunch of police station.

image.jpg

Last edited:

shctaw

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Astaka layout for all stacks.

Tower 1 and Tower2 have mirror image layout.

Tower 1 Stack 1 have the best facing with unblock view. (Even for very low floor)

image.jpgimage.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Last edited:

shctaw

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
How come you sound more like a housing agent than an investor?:confused:

A better investment for these reasons:
1). Iconic residential development in whole of msia 310m - twr a 70 flrs & twr b 68 flrs
2). Replica of spore's marina bay financial district
3). Freehold commercial status .. Unlike others with only residential status
4). Fittings are from hans grohe, gaggenau & meile
5). Wardrobes
6). Mrt in jb in 2018. Hence, traveling to jb will be a breeze thereafter.
7). Good potential for tenants as the office & bank towers will ahve high ranking staff

jamestan88

Alfrescian
Loyal
To be more specific the white-colored buildings are the Johor Police Contingent Headquarters (Ibu Pejabat Polis Kontinjen Johor in Malay).

jamestan88

Alfrescian
Loyal
I bought a stack 3 unit. There seems to have been changes in the floor plans and they have up-sized the units. Mine was 2619sf initially, now it has been up-sized to 2662sf (no additional cost).

Stack 1.jpg

Stack 3.jpg

shctaw

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
What is the price range RMpsf?

Cheapest around RM830 psf. Tower 2 Stack 5 lowest floor.

Most expensive unit Tower 1 Stack 1 highest floor RM1688.

Premium block is Tower 1 which is price 8% higher than Tower 2.
Tower 2 will be block by future office blocks.

shctaw

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This are the plan for future tunnel and also a copy of Traffic controller approval letters for those tunnel.

image.jpg

image.jpg

DCputeri

Alfrescian
Loyal
It may worth to pay the 8% more for tower 1 given future buyers are likely to be atas people.
Cheapest around RM830 psf. Tower 2 Stack 5 lowest floor.

Most expensive unit Tower 1 Stack 1 highest floor RM1688.

Premium block is Tower 1 which is price 8% higher than Tower 2.
Tower 2 will be block by future office blocks.

shctaw

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Due to private safety policy, they converted some public area into your unit to get approval.

Other than the location, I like some other feature too ...
This condo have 2 private lifts to every unit.
Dry and wet kitchen.
Additional yard entrance for delivery man which will not interrupt your party.

Layout.
image.jpg

I bought a stack 3 unit. There seems to have been changes in the floor plans and they have up-sized the units. Mine was 2619sf initially, now it has been up-sized to 2662sf (no additional cost).

View attachment 10576

View attachment 10577

Last edited:

jamestan88

Alfrescian
Loyal
From the overall block orientation, it seems that stacks 1 and 5 of tower 2 will be blocked since they are facing the commercial blocks. That was what I thought initially. However if you look at the floorplans, you will realise that majority of the units' openings (especially the living rooms) for those stacks are oriented towards the straits view as well so they won't be blocked either. Anyway, I bought stack 3 so should be quite safe.

jamestan88

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually this project ticked quite a lot of boxes for me. One of the biggest plus points for me is the private tunnel. Effectively it is akin to carving out a small part of JB to be an extension of Singapore. Effectively we would be buying "Singapore" (equivalent of Woodlands?) at JB prices.

DCputeri

Alfrescian
Loyal
Stack 3 internal layout looks good.
From the overall block orientation, it seems that stacks 1 and 5 of tower 2 will be blocked since they are facing the commercial blocks. That was what I thought initially. However if you look at the floorplans, you will realise that majority of the units' openings (especially the living rooms) for those stacks are oriented towards the straits view as well so they won't be blocked either. Anyway, I bought stack 3 so should be quite safe.

jamestan88

Alfrescian
Loyal
The construction of the tunnel is paid for by the developer as part of the project so I believe the cost of maintenance will come from the unit owners (both residential and commercial elements).

gooddebt

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually this project ticked quite a lot of boxes for me. One of the biggest plus points for me is the private tunnel. Effectively it is akin to carving out a small part of JB to be an extension of Singapore. Effectively we would be buying "Singapore" (equivalent of Woodlands?) at JB prices.

mmm...not quite as u have to face the traffic jam at causeway while woodlands does not.

jamestan88

Alfrescian
Loyal
I believe that in order for zone A of Iskandar to succeed, tackling the causeway bottleneck would be essential and it can be resolved with some political conviction from both sides. It won't take a team of rocket scientists to figure out how to tackle the jams in various dimensions - technological, operational, etc.