• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Meridin at Medini and Astaka Project in Iskandar - any good?

kopikong99

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually this project ticked quite a lot of boxes for me. One of the biggest plus points for me is the private tunnel. Effectively it is akin to carving out a small part of JB to be an extension of Singapore. Effectively we would be buying "Singapore" (equivalent of Woodlands?) at JB prices.

If you buy a condo at Permas Jaya, it would only takes 2 junctions and you are on the EDL direct to the CIQ in 8 minutes. Provided of course the traffic at Johor CIQ and Woodlands CIQ is a breeze, then it is still a queue to get into Singapore.
But then the most important difference is the neighbourhood and the crowds.

streams

Alfrescian
Loyal
If you buy a condo at Permas Jaya, it would only takes 2 junctions and you are on the EDL direct to the CIQ in 8 minutes. Provided of course the traffic at Johor CIQ and Woodlands CIQ is a breeze, then it is still a queue to get into Singapore.
But then the most important difference is the neighbourhood and the crowds.

It takes only 4 min to get to Custom via direct EDL for Southkey Moasic (1st service apt in Southkey) although it is a LH project (88 years). It is less than a min away from EDL and will sit along Jalan Bakar Batu which will be expanded into a new 6 carriage-way road by 2014. Southkey is a pure 330 acres of green field land and will house the largest mall (KL's mid-valley equivalent) in Johor which is projected for completion by 2015- 1.5x the size of Vivocity, Singapore. An additional EDL exit/entrance is expected to be built to divert cars to the mall.

Commercial Taman under KL's mid-valley developer-Good Project?

streams

Alfrescian
Loyal
Certainly for the upmarket and the rich. How much is the projected maintenance?

The construction of the tunnel is paid for by the developer as part of the project so I believe the cost of maintenance will come from the unit owners (both residential and commercial elements).

streams

Alfrescian
Loyal
Perhaps the transport limitation IS a strategy to rein in prices for now? imo, Upmarket condo (new ones) in JB city will match average condo prices in Woodland when transport between two countries become seamless in the future ( and when other good work is completed in tandem within JB city). Zone A is a gem- it is THE gateway.

Market is/ will be overheating soon- Just look at the 1000+ who failed to get Afiniti. where else will the hungry herd go to?
I do not know the art of scrying but the connections seems to suggest that (at least to me). Demand seems to outstrip supply at this junction of time (in perceived good areas).

I believe that in order for zone A of Iskandar to succeed, tackling the causeway bottleneck would be essential and it can be resolved with some political conviction from both sides. It won't take a team of rocket scientists to figure out how to tackle the jams in various dimensions - technological, operational, etc.

streams

Alfrescian
Loyal
i would like to state that these are personal opinions. Searchers tend to place higher price/value on things (that we looked at/felt emotionally connected- esp since we are vested) than observers :smile:. Just like buying an antique watch......haha.

Not old but I personally would like to retire early in JB. I am looking forward to the city transformation so as to enjoy the benefits of transversing between two great cities.

jamestan88

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ultimately it is about perception. A private tunnel that promises 60 seconds to CIQ is just different from 8 minutes on the EDL to the CIQ. Marketing gimmick? Perhaps but this difference will make the whole world of difference to the eventual buyer in the event of resale.

jamestan88

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think they are not looking at the jams yet because there is no real need to at the moment. As prof mentioned, something big is coming up soon. And I believe that will warrant a serious look at resolving the jams by the authorities.

Perhaps the transport limitation IS a strategy to rein in prices for now? imo, Upmarket condo (new ones) in JB city will match average condo prices in Woodland when transport between two countries become seamless in the future ( and when other good work is completed in tandem within JB city). Zone A is a gem- it is THE gateway.

Market is/ will be overheating soon- Just look at the 1000+ who failed to get Afiniti. where else will the hungry herd go to?
I do not know the art of scrying but the connections seems to suggest that (at least to me). Demand seems to outstrip supply at this junction of time (in perceived good areas).

jamestan88

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes, indeed. We are all here to share and learn. :smile:

i would like to state that these are personal opinions. Searchers tend to place higher price/value on things (that we looked at/felt emotionally connected- esp since we are vested) than observers :smile:. Just like buying an antique watch......haha.

Not old but I personally would like to retire early in JB. I am looking forward to the city transformation so as to enjoy the benefits of transversing between two great cities.

streams

Alfrescian
Loyal
humbly (from a less rich person)... What!! haha...:biggrin:
on the other hand, looking at the size of the unit, it may be reasonable.

...rich man play :rolleyes:
if matex goes through... we are neighbours in the same neighbourhood!, albeit my unit is much smaller.:biggrin:

For my unit, about SGD 400 per month.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
humbly (from a less rich person)... What!! haha...:biggrin:
on the other hand, looking at the size of the unit, it may be reasonable.

...rich man play :rolleyes:
if matex goes through... we are neighbours in the same neighbourhood!, albeit my unit is much smaller.:biggrin:

S$400 is v high, not forgetting tt it will continue to go up. Beats e objective of a cheap retirement house.

jamestan88

Alfrescian
Loyal
For its features and facilities, I feel that SGD 400 is reasonable. Frankly if they really deliver what has been promised, even SGD 1,000 per month is not an issue for those who will be drawn to this project.

streams

Alfrescian
Loyal
the future me would love to splurge like that.
the present me says "wait long long. Aim big only when you can."

I am still counting cents today :p

S$400 is v high, not forgetting tt it will continue to go up. Beats e objective of a cheap retirement house.

jamestan88

Alfrescian
Loyal
There is nothing wrong with your approach. In fact, before one can count dollars, he needs to know how to count cents. :biggrin:

the future me would love to splurge like that.
the present me says "wait long long. Aim big only when you can."

I am still counting cents today :p

omnifly

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Meridin@Medini - Integrated development

It's interesting that Afiniti Medini by CapitaLand was sold out in 1 day... and about 70% was comprised of Malaysians! Singaporeans only make up about 25%... any thoughts on how we should interpret that?

omnifly

Alfrescian
Loyal
Another JB condo near Woodlands is Paragon Suites @ CIQ. Heard not many foreigner quota left and 2br is starting from about RM1m

kopikong99

Alfrescian
Loyal
It takes only 4 min to get to Custom via direct EDL for Southkey Moasic (1st service apt in Southkey) although it is a LH project (88 years). It is less than a min away from EDL and will sit along Jalan Bakar Batu which will be expanded into a new 6 carriage-way road by 2014. Southkey is a pure 330 acres of green field land and will house the largest mall (KL's mid-valley equivalent) in Johor which is projected for completion by 2015- 1.5x the size of Vivocity, Singapore. An additional EDL exit/entrance is expected to be built to divert cars to the mall.

Commercial Taman under KL's mid-valley developer-Good Project?

Still the main diff is LH vs FH and the perception is land is abundant, why buy LH? Though I must add it is still personal preference.

kopikong99

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Meridin@Medini - Integrated development

It's interesting that Afiniti Medini by CapitaLand was sold out in 1 day... and about 70% was comprised of Malaysians! Singaporeans only make up about 25%... any thoughts on how we should interpret that?

It has been this way for most of the projects. Majority are Malaysian SPR with their strong Sing earning power. Many early buyers of earlier projects have bought at low price to flip to foreigners, just that more of them now has gotten into action.