• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Matex Residence

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Will never give up Matex. Will proceed as plan.

Of course I cannot rule out been "play-out" aka "screwed" by NS Global.

[video=youtube;dQw4w9WgXcQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ[/video]

I think NS Global is caught in the middle.

graveyard

Alfrescian
Loyal
It makes no economical sense for them to go to Nusajaya where they have more aunties and uncles to target around the CIQ. I am still skeptical of the old and dilapidated infrastructure at JB centre to cope with all the new development. Water pipe burst or power cable trip can really be a problem.

its changing. city square now looks swanky with more levels under construction. Komtar under construction looks like mega project. city square would have died off like waterfront city if the infrastructure there could not support the new development. theres the all important CIQ there and the high human/car traffic - the authority cannot afford to mess up the flow with weak infrastructure

wolverine23

Alfrescian
Loyal
Take a look at Adelphi. That is a promising building.

Popular anchor is a must.

Bugis Plus (former Illuma) also fails without anchor tenants. Now they adjust their tenants.

SimLim Sq are those rare instant that work well. Another one is Lucky Plaza.

How I wish they create one purely for food. Like the SimLim Sq which sell computers; we have a new sq that sell all foods stuff.

yyhwin

Alfrescian
Loyal
Will never give up Matex. Will proceed as plan.

Of course I cannot rule out been "play-out" aka "screwed" by NS Global.

[video=youtube;dQw4w9WgXcQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ[/video]

Wait and wait and wait, now it is early June already, OMG!

streams

Alfrescian
Loyal
RM270m for Sg Segget rehabilitation

FACELIFT: The project aims to turn the riverfront into a ’Little Venice’

JOHOR BAHRU: THE restoration and beautification of Sungai Segget here in accordance with the Johor Baru Transformation Plan will be launched in stages from the third to the fourth quarter of the year.

Works to treat the effluents before the water flows into Sungai Segget is scheduled to start anytime soon as the construction of the sewage treatment plant is complete.

Iskandar Regional Development Authority (Irda) chief executive officer Datuk Ismail Ibrahim said at the inaugural Iskandar Malaysia Metropolis Forum 2013 here recently that the cleaning of Sungai Segget, and flood mitigation works, will begin between the third and last quarter of the year.

The RM270 million rehabilitation programme for Sungai Segget, funded by the Federal Government, will also see the riverfront getting a facelift as there is a landscaping plan which will transform the city into a tourist destination.
It would be akin to "Little Venice" and the work is scheduled to be completed in 24 months.

However, Ismail said that before the physical aspects of the transformation can take place, Irda would need to engage with the public who work or have businesses fronting the river.

"The business operators and land owners need to be aware of the benefits they will be getting from the transformation plan.
"This is the message to be delivered. The transformation plan will see pedestrians getting priority over motorists.
"The plan will also see an upgrade in smart traffic management," he said, adding that a systematic approach was needed to overcome some of the issues.

Ismail said previous efforts of engaging the public had been encouraging and that Irda wants their feedback now.
The forum was aimed at providing up-to-date information on the latest projects in the region.
Earlier, in his speech, Ismail said manufacturing contributes to 70 per cent of the region’s economy and by 2025, the main contributing sector here will be the service sector.

Owing to the massive area which Iskandar Malaysia represents, the region was divided into five flagship zones, namely Flagship A (Johor Baru city), Flagship B (Nusajaya), Flagship C (Western Gate Development), Flagship D (Eastern Gate Development) and Flagship E (Senai-Skudai).

From 2006 to March this year, Iskandar Malaysia has registered cumulative committed investments of RM111.37 billion, which marked an increase of RM5.06 billion since the end of 2012. Some 64 per cent of this are local investors.

http://www.nst.com.my/streets/johor/rm270m-for-sg-segget-rehabilitation-1.292837
Read more: RM270m for Sg Segget rehabilitation - Johor - New Straits Times http://www.nst.com.my/streets/johor/rm270m-for-sg-segget-rehabilitation-1.292837#ixzz2VFjNdvgm

shctaw

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Wait and wait and wait, now it is early June already, OMG!
Glad Midwest Ave is launch on 8 June around RM900 psf.

This will at least make them worry a bit that current buyers will jump ship and take back their booking fee.

If any agent can strike a deal with Midwest Ave developer can offer buyers of Matex a good incentive to jump boat and return units to NSG and UMLand.

graveyard

Alfrescian
Loyal
Glad Midwest Ave is launch on 8 June around RM900 psf.

This will at least make them worry a bit that current buyers will jump ship and take back their booking fee.

If any agent can strike a deal with Midwest Ave developer can offer buyers of Matex a good incentive to jump boat and return units to NSG and UMLand.

Does this means we are suckers for paying the 5K booking fee unlike midwest investors?

graveyard

Alfrescian
Loyal
am i right to say some of u have lapsed 6 months from the date u signed the booking form? Mine is coming up soon and I am not the first batch. If so, Have any of you gone up to ns global and demand back the 5k booking fee?

shctaw

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Don't feel sucker as this project is in better location at lower price as compare to Midwest Ave. (you must visit Midwest Ave site to appreciate Matex location more)

Does this means we are suckers for paying the 5K booking fee unlike midwest investors?

OracleMasia

Alfrescian
Loyal
Don't feel sucker as this project is in better location at lower price as compare to Midwest Ave. (you must visit Midwest Ave site to appreciate Matex location more)
I agree. If paying St$5k can get a better deals than the rest, it is worth every cent. The location is unbeatable in my opinion.

OracleMasia

Alfrescian
Loyal
am i right to say some of u have lapsed 6 months from the date u signed the booking form? Mine is coming up soon and I am not the first batch. If so, Have any of you gone up to ns global and demand back the 5k booking fee?
It is unwise to do that. Wait for it to launch. I am quite confident this one can make money.

OracleMasia

Alfrescian
Loyal
Angry Bird Theme is at right in front of Matex.

http://biz.thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=/2013/6/5/business/13199494&sec=business

Angry Birds to attack Johor Baru

JOHOR BARU: Angry Birds are coming to town with the opening of the Angry Birds Activity Park here in May next year.

The first Angry Birds Activity Park to open in South-East Asia, the 26,000 sq ft indoor theme park will be located at Komtar JBCC in downtown Johor Baru.

“Our goal is to delight the fans, both adults and children and create an exciting experience for the whole family,’’ said the Finland-based Rovio Entertainment Ltd chief operations officer Harri Koponen.

He said this after the signing ceremony between Johor Corp’s subsidiary Damansara Assets Sdn Bhd presented by its executive director Yusaini Sidek yesterday.

Witnessing the event were JCorp president and chief executive officer Datuk Kamaruzzaman Abu Kassim and Rovio Asia senior-vice president Henri Holm.

Under the 10-year licensing agreement between both parties, Damansara Asset has been given the rights to feature Angry Birds characters at the indoor theme park.

Koponen said other components in the indoor theme park would include activity area, retail shop, restaurant and party room.

He said the company’s decision to set up a park in Johor Baru was largely prompted by the exciting developments to take place in around the city under its transformation plan. “Many countries in the region has approached us, asking us to set up the indoor theme park but we decided to come to Johor Baru,’’ added Koponen.

shctaw

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
[video=youtube;oGcPLV0Wr5Q]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oGcPLV0Wr5Q[/video]

Very boring park leh.

May just die off like Singapore Flyer and Johor Hello Kitty Land.

Might as well use it for KTV; Movie Theater or Massage Palour.

cascadia

Alfrescian
Loyal

Very boring park leh.

boring, it does not even make a impact like legoland..

Steventlk

Alfrescian
Loyal

Very boring park leh.

Just hope that komtar after the revamp will boast of great shopping comparable to city square! More great food options too :smile:

shctaw

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Just have Dim Sum lunch at City Sq and help 2 friends open bank account at UOB.

Nice and pack. No place to have lunch. It took us 10 minutes wait to get a table in the restaurant.
Crowd rush here and there. Office crowd flood McDonald; ladies zoom in and out of bread shop in Season and Lavender.

The more pack it is ; the more I love the price.

..... this is just the way...........I like it.