• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Matex Residence

Steventlk

Alfrescian
Loyal
but our condo will be older n buyers like newer ones. btw have u all thot of who will buy from us ? I mean most locals will not have the means to afford such high priced condos...

Buyers may not necessarily prefer new condos. It all depends on their needs at the time of purchase. Singaporeans may prefer to buy TOP units (for fear that projects may become abandoned before being built), or because they need to move in readily... A host of other reasons too ... You will be surprised..

shctaw

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Look around Jalan Trus and Jalan Wong Ah Fook. Where got place to keep building new condos.

Unless you are talking about Nusajaya; that I will second your point.

but our condo will be older n buyers like newer ones. btw have u all thot of who will buy from us ? I mean most locals will not have the means to afford such high priced condos...

cybermad

Alfrescian
Loyal
Look around Jalan Trus and Jalan Wong Ah Fook. Where got place to keep building new condos.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

actually there are many rundown buildings and coffee shops around JWAF...

DCputeri

Alfrescian
Loyal
Do you think they can do what Singapore did to conserve the old chinatown houses? If so, by when?

---------------------------------------------------------------------

actually there are many rundown buildings and coffee shops around JWAF...

shctaw

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I am talking about the land from CIQ toward Persada Convention Centre.

There are some old building which belong to a old man. In Penang they did not just demolish old building just to build new one.
Sometime they do reclaim land to build a new condo project.

penang-extra_436352n.jpg

sorry dun get yr point....if they cannot conserve the old buildings, then all the more they shd demolish them for new ones ?

yyhwin

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am talking about the land from CIQ toward Persada Convention Centre.

There are some old building which belong to a old man. In Penang they did not just demolish old building just to build new one.
Sometime they do reclaim land to build a new condo project.

View attachment 10409

dunno how to get those old buildings ohh, like those shophouses beside and behind city square.

graveyard

Alfrescian
Loyal

matex proposed top is 2016 and it wont be too old by the time JWAF is beautified if it ever will happen. well i think u can forget abt the general msians who work in msia - they gonna have their hands full coping with price hike and the proposed GST and dont have the advantage of favorable currency exchange rate to boost their purchasing power. Should aim at SPR and Sporeans .. our hope is the future SG property market continues to be robust and price substantially enough potential Sporean and SPR investors out of the market to be drawn to neighbouring JB so our condo looks attractive. at least on paper, matex is a promising investment with mins walk to CIQ, city square etc. the new komtar under construction boosts confidence to the area and not forgetting the new projects like midland is expected to price higher. matex investors may have the first mover advantage

yyhwin

Alfrescian
Loyal
matex proposed top is 2016 and it wont be too old by the time JWAF is beautified if it ever will happen. well i think u can forget abt the general msians who work in msia - they gonna have their hands full coping with price hike and the proposed GST and dont have the advantage of favorable currency exchange rate to boost their purchasing power. Should aim at SPR and Sporeans .. our hope is the future SG property market continues to be robust and price substantially enough potential Sporean and SPR investors out of the market to be drawn to neighbouring JB so our condo looks attractive. at least on paper, matex is a promising investment with mins walk to CIQ, city square etc. the new komtar under construction boosts confidence to the area and not forgetting the new projects like midland is expected to price higher. matex investors may have the first mover advantage

Only if they don jack up the price.

graveyard

Alfrescian
Loyal
Only if they don jack up the price.

i know many of us here have that sort of expectation.. i mean yes it is logical ..but i hope the developer and agent are professional enough to stand by the quoted price. but i also have the same feeling that there is a good chance they may adjust the price judging on how the developer has been distantly excluded from the "transaction"btw us and ns global. i suspect there is an evil plot to delay the project so most initial reservations based on the favorable price will auto lapse after 6 mths and hence developer/agent need not honour the agreement. i dont think the clause in the reservation form gives the vested the option to purchase the unit at the quoted price even if the developer launch the project after 6 mths from date of reservation ..

shctaw

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Really feel bad for Johorian.

I meet a Johorian hairdresser; she told me she will never buy JB property a few years ago. And recently she change from never buy to cannot afford when she start to look around.

She expect the condo to be RM200,000 in JB Sentral; and when I told her the 3 bedrm she is thinking to buy is RM1m; she got a shock of her life.

And I told her; RM1m today will be RM1.5m in near future. She simply got lost as if her life is destroy.

sillysinky

Alfrescian
Loyal
yeah Prof. I also had a similar experience with my hairdresser, who used to live in the old low cost flats behind the CIQ, but it was torn down to make way for the CIQ. she could not believe me when i told her a small bedroom smaller than the size of her flat cost RM600k and above and most probably a lot more in the future.
She got a shock and i was lucky she didnt snipped off my ear. :smile:

I meet a Johorian hairdresser; she told me she will never buy JB property a few years ago. And recently she change from never buy to cannot afford when she start to look around.

She expect the condo to be RM200,000 in JB Sentral; and when I told her the 3 bedrm she is thinking to buy is RM1m; she got a shock of her life.

And I told her; RM1m today will be RM1.5m in near future. She simply got lost as if her life is destroy.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal

That's why many Johoreans including those who are PRs in Singapore are rushing back to buy now. Those who are just starting to work in JB see their dream to own a house around their neighbhourhood vanish rapidly. This is what I gathered from my chit-chats with the locals over the past few months. Unfortunately this buying momemtum is quite strong, so I think the fast price increase will persist for the next 1-2 years.

shctaw

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Just a forcast I make for myself to follow back in Aug 2012. I wish to share it here with Matex fans. (me too a fan of Matex)

June 2013 will be the last chance for one to buy a condo in JB Sentral below RM1,000 psf.

After June 2013 we will enter the third wave in JB property price trend which date back to the 1970s.

Personally I will stop condo hunting in JB after June 2013. As I have bought a fair amount which I can afford.

I may be wrong on Nusajaya chance of succeeding but if Nusasjaya does great; JB Sentral will outperform with Nusajaya too. JB Sentral condo is a relative trade with a safety net, if Nusajaya fails; JB Sentral will remain what we see today. And to me that is not a bad thing at all.

Last edited:

cybermad

Alfrescian
Loyal

just thinking out loud, not trying to pour cold water but why wud Singaporeans want to live in JB city with all the crimes and rundown neighborhood etc when there is a better alternative in the new Nusajaya ?