• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Massive PAP rally at Punggol East .... wow......

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
people only make decisions based on what they know. You can have everyone in the country vote freely and democratically and still come up with the wrong answer , if the information they base that decision on is wrong.:wink:

That is happening for 4 decades, at least some are awakening that with all the information & today they get instant answers they still come out with the wrong answer. something is really wrong.

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Looks like the SCM has decided to avoid the question of whether there was actually a large group of people who attended their rally. The irony is that probably not even 100 of the actual voters were there.
If that, sure to lose deposit lah. To have these old uncles and aunties standing in the rain, I hope they also provide medical compensation, not just duck rice.

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
One thing I notice about these huge WP rallies from the Hougang BE is some singaporeans are such devoted fans of the WP that they travel to different parts of the island just to attend rallies,,,so if the rally in Hougang,,the attendees are from somewhere else which have no bearing on the results.

also these attendees from constituencies contested by non wp candidates also KPKB and wish WP was contesting there..

though i find going around the island attending rallies is abit bo liao i have to admit that at least wp have dedicated supporters willing to do that,,,compare with PAP rallies where the PAP has to shuttle 'attendees' from Tanjong Pagar and free lunch etc to attend PAP rallies in other constituencies at tax payer expense hor,,,

[video=youtube;RNdJZCp8SQE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RNdJZCp8SQE[/video]

So if WP gets big enough and these 3rd rate oppos get eliminated with minimal spoilers,,WP is the party to be reckon with,,,it will succeed PAP..if WP continue to play its cards right,,,

That one I agree with u ... End of the day must see result .

amazonforest

Alfrescian
Loyal
Eventually one GRC was won. That is historical. Dont you agree?

wp2805.jpg

this is truly historical...because i was there...and it was massive and you could feel the pulse of the people...but in the end also LOSS...

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
One thing I notice about these huge WP rallies from the Hougang BE is some singaporeans are such devoted fans of the WP that they travel to different parts of the island just to attend rallies,,,so if the rally in Hougang,,the attendees are from somewhere else which have no bearing on the results.

also these attendees from constituencies contested by non wp candidates also KPKB and wish WP was contesting there..

though i find going around the island attending rallies is abit bo liao i have to admit that at least wp have dedicated supporters willing to do that,,,compare with PAP rallies where the PAP has to shuttle 'attendees' from Tanjong Pagar and free lunch etc to attend PAP rallies in other constituencies at tax payer expense hor,,,

[video=youtube;RNdJZCp8SQE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RNdJZCp8SQE[/video]

So if WP gets big enough and these 3rd rate oppos get eliminated with minimal spoilers,,WP is the party to be reckon with,,,it will succeed PAP..if WP continue to play its cards right,,,

That's why Singapore so small yet so many GRC :wink: the government know that it's important to divide the voters :wink:in order to win .

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
what's the use of having massive crowd spilling over everywhere...massive massive massive...and at the end of the day, suffer massive losses...

What is the use of having a rally when it is always a tricky problem to bring in old uncles and aunties from other place, and having to listen to all the jokes netizen make of this? Yet with all these wayangs, they cannot put up a less embarrassing show. Epic fail. Each election, I am sure this had stressed a few heads and stopped a few hearts. Might as well don't have any rally.

I see one good thing. At least there are handouts (duck rice?) for those who would otherwise not have a square meal because of govt policies that denied them a decent living.

Last edited:

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Diversification, another form of strategy seek to increase profitability..

Aiyo you so naughty, I almost upz you for your statement that I agreed vigorously then realised I'm not familiar with you as I thought you're MBSSLOTS whom I'm familiar. What a mischief and thanks for the laughter.

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
But it also shows the 'quality' or lack there of for PAP supporters,,,but PAP is in power and its machinery is impressive in that it controls the organs of state,,,but also shows its foundations are weak and can be knocked off too but if only the 60% will wake up and the 3rd rate oppos get bumped off,,,

That's why Singapore so small yet so many GRC :wink: the government know that it's important to divide the voters :wink:in order to win .

kopiuncle

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
GRC is good for the minority to be elected and to be represented in parliament. It's a unique system and a unique and brilliant political idea. Like all good things, they are not perfect. With a matured and sophisticated electorate, the concept of GRC will lose its appeal. SMC will have to make a come back.

kopiuncle

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
But it also shows the 'quality' or lack there of for PAP supporters,,,but PAP is in power and its machinery is impressive in that it controls the organs of state,,,but also shows its foundations are weak and can be knocked off too but if only the 60% will wake up and the 3rd rate oppos get bumped off,,,
any ruling party or government will continue to use all means to stay in power and to demolish the opponents legally...

tangugu

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not sure if political parties can pick the date of rally. If so, the PAP probably thought it didn't matter whether Friday or Saturday - their "massive crowd" would still be within 300, half of them grassroots helpers.

The Straitstimes, no surprise here, always chooses a close-up shot near the stage to make it look "massive".

If really so massive, don't think Teo Chee Hean would have dozed off.

kopiuncle

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
whether the crowd is massive or not is not important. who wins the election is the most important issue at the end of the day:smile:

Prometheus888

Alfrescian
Loyal
what's the use of having massive crowd spilling over everywhere...massive massive massive...and at the end of the day, suffer massive losses...

old kopi, i certainly hope that you are not suggesting that the PAP rigged the polls and stuffed ballot boxes with their own votes?

denzuko1

Alfrescian
Loyal
yHJJ7.jpg

The "massive" crowd

BA5G2BvCAAE1PT0.jpg

Tin Pei Ling made a guest appearance with Lionel De S.....

BA5ISvECcAA0Jh7.jpg

Ah Lian and Machik blows...... identical whistles....

BA5Y0OICEAIn40P.jpg:large

Kinana with kopiuncle and their kids.....

3sm9jz.jpg

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
You dope, it is not the number of people attending but the buses that bring them there that caused the jam.