• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Manchester United Season 2009-10

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
.. Even if I am generous, a draw is suffice for Chelsea to nick it.
Man U have to visit Sunderland away. Fergie vs Steve Bruce...ho ho...the last time out...Fergie's team struggled to a goaless draw i think....so it will be draw. And thats that....Chelsea wins the title.
or even earlier, if Man U fail to beat Tottenham at home.....
Down to the wire.:p But under no delusion Chelskis will nick it.

Favour to spurs was duly returned sat, and (hopefully) they run out of steam at OT now. Statiscal probability of lightning to strike 3X in a row? Fergie's gotta make that all important call to his pal Harry.:p

jw5

Loyal
Down to the wire.:p But under no delusion Chelskis will nick it.

Favour to spurs was duly returned sat, and (hopefully) they run out of steam at OT now. Statiscal probability of lightning to strike 3X in a row? Fergie's gotta make that all important call to his pal Harry.:p
I think Chelsea will still win it.
Both teams should win their last 3 games, which will give Chelsea the title by 1 point.

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
.............. Statiscal probability of lightning to strike 3X in a row? Fergie's gotta make that all important call to his pal Harry.:p

Fergie has a few 'pals' in the Premier League. Dun count on them doing us any favors. Sam Allardyce and Alan Curbishley are the other 'pals' and they didn't do us any favors in the past. In fact Curbishley's West Ham took 4 points from us in one of the league winning season. If anything, H. Redknapp hasn't been lucky at OT in a premier league game but Spurs did knock us out in an FA Cup tie.

It will be the same with Steve Bruce's Sunderland. United will have to earn it. If we're good enough, we'll reach the finish line ahead of Le Blue.

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think Chelsea will still win it.
Both teams should win their last 3 games, which will give Chelsea the title by 1 point.

Of the 3 remaining games, Stoke is the only 'best' chance of creating an upset. All we need is a draw from one of them.

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
DIMITAR BERBATOV could end his Manchester United hell this summer - with AC Milan planning a £20million bid.

The Sun revealed last week that Old Trafford boss Alex Ferguson has lost faith in the Bulgarian hitman and is ready to offload him.

Fergie accepts he must take a loss on Berbatov, 29, who cost £30.75m but has scored just 12 goals this season, and will be tempted if Milan move in.

An AC Milan insider said: "No contact has been made yet but we admire Berbatov.

"He is a strong player who would do very well in Italy. Whether something can be arranged remains to be seen. It has been difficult for Berbatov in Manchester but he is a good player who has a lot to offer."

Serbian winger ZORAN TOSIC, who cost United £10m last year, wants to turn his loan spell at Cologne into a permanent move.

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepag...lan-plan-20m-bid-for-Berba.html#ixzz0ldojpAtZ

jw5

Loyal
Of the 3 remaining games, Stoke is the only 'best' chance of creating an upset. All we need is a draw from one of them.
John Terry will be suspended for the game against Stoke.
That may actually benefit Chelsea. :smile:
Liverpool will be a difficult opponent for Chelsea at Anfield, but I thought it was quite funny when Steve McMahon said on Football Focus that the players would want to win but the Pool supporters may actually want Chelsea to win to prevent Man Utd from winning the 19th title.
Can you imagine the Anfield crowd cheering on Chelsea? :smile:

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
John Terry will be suspended for the game against Stoke.
That may actually benefit Chelsea. :smile:
Liverpool will be a difficult opponent for Chelsea at Anfield, but I thought it was quite funny when Steve McMahon said on Football Focus that the players would want to win but the Pool supporters may actually want Chelsea to win to prevent Man Utd from winning the 19th title.
Can you imagine the Anfield crowd cheering on Chelsea? :smile:

Agree JT is actually a liability at the back. He gets booed whichever stadium he plays and I reckon the fallout from his 'transgression' is affecting him.

Ya, that was running through my thots too. I expect Pool to concede an own goal or a penalty and the strikers will shoot anywhere but the opponent's goal. If all else fail, Benitez will run on to the pitch and score an own goal.

Seriously, I read somewhere that the attendance @ Anfield has been sliding. I won't be surprised if it is half filled come match day.

BTW, I haven't been watching football focus as I've already returned the box. The views and analysis @ football focus is a lot better than the puerile and superficial thots of some of the reporters from that blardy new paper.

jw5

Loyal
Agree JT is actually a liability at the back. He gets booed whichever stadium he plays and I reckon the fallout from his 'transgression' is affecting him.

Ya, that was running through my thots too. I expect Pool to concede an own goal or a penalty and the strikers will shoot anywhere but the opponent's goal. If all else fail, Benitez will run on to the pitch and score an own goal.

Seriously, I read somewhere that the attendance @ Anfield has been sliding. I won't be surprised if it is half filled come match day.

BTW, I haven't been watching football focus as I've already returned the box. The views and analysis @ football focus is a lot better than the puerile and superficial thots of some of the reporters from that blardy new paper.
Actually I don't rate JT highly at all, not just because of his off-field transgressions. He's slow, easily caught out by speedy and skilful players, quite dirty in that he's always tugging jerseys and pulling arms, but he's quite clever to get away with it. Must admit though that he's good in the air and he's brave and has a strong will to win.
He's not even in my top 5 England centrebacks, I think King, Woodgate, Dawson, Cahill, Ferdinand, Lescott, Jagielka, Carragher, are all better than him.

The Pool players won't deliberately lose, but they might not be too motivated to go all out to win.
How do you watch EPL matches without the box?

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually I don't rate JT highly at all, not just because of his off-field transgressions. He's slow, easily caught out by speedy and skilful players, quite dirty in that he's always tugging jerseys and pulling arms, but he's quite clever to get away with it. Must admit though that he's good in the air and he's brave and has a strong will to win.
He's not even in my top 5 England centrebacks, I think King, Woodgate, Dawson, Cahill, Ferdinand, Lescott, Jagielka, Carragher, are all better than him.

The Pool players won't deliberately lose, but they might not be too motivated to go all out to win.
How do you watch EPL matches without the box?

His leadership qualities is his forte but since Mourinho left, the discipline at the back have slipped considerably. It could also be due to the retirement of Makelele who provides a solid shield to the back 4. You are right. The players you mentioned would have been a better fit at the centre.

I watched all of the games thru' the net and its free.

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
BTW, MU is looking for someone to succeed SAF. Should they be looking for a 'local' or someone with a championship track record for the hot seat?

elephanto

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
BTW, MU is looking for someone to succeed SAF. Should they be looking for a 'local' or someone with a championship track record for the hot seat?
Ya, Fergie has now publicly endorsed David Moyes to succeed him.
Moyes has no silverware to boast of other than winning LMA Manager of the Year twice I think for leading Everton to top 5/6 at least twice in the past decade (once 4th, once 5th I believe).

Seiously, u watch over the net, live or delayed? how?:confused:
I tried using those BT live streaming but disappointed with quality.

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i seriously don't think Moyes is the right man...true, he had brought Everton to what it is today - they used to flirt with relegation.

However, as I have read elsewhere, he lacked European experience - which is what Man U needs in a manager. If Fergie successfully wins the 19th trophy - next season, they would crave more for European success.

I have another hunch, he may be buttering up to Moyes in order to get Rodwell at the end of season or one of the youngster (Vaughn or something?). Rooney if I remembered had a fallout with Moyes - though they kiss and make up after, there might be some patchiness.

The ball game is now different, while I hope Man U will keep faith in the next manager - i.e not expect the new manager to bring the team the same success as Fergie but nowadays, the life-span of Premier League manager is very short. Although I don't wish to see Man U going down the path of Liverpool - sliding, but I do think the first few season will be tough.

Man U don't need a manager who can manage success with scraps - they do have the resources. They need a tough disciplinarian who can manage the bursting egos of the mega-star players.

For me, Mourniho fits the bill. Hopefully Man U gets him.

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Ya, Fergie has now publicly endorsed David Moyes to succeed him.
Moyes has no silverware to boast of other than winning LMA Manager of the Year twice I think for leading Everton to top 5/6 at least twice in the past decade (once 4th, once 5th I believe).

I think JT is still bothered by his back injury...ditto for Ferdinand. Ferdinand, in a lot matches are helped by his sidekick - vidic.

In fact, it seems alot of CB are plagued by back injuries - Ledley King is one of them. Woodgate - used to be one of the outstanding CBs, but ever since he went to Real Madrid, he seems to have lost something.

Carragher ...sorry - he lacks the height for me. Lescott shows promise when he is at Everton, he can score alot from headers...Man City for some reasons he start conceding silly goals. I will think Cahill and the Tottenham guy - Dawon to make it good as future England CB.

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal

You can get very good quality streaming but its delayed by about a minute or so. Some of the live streaming I've seen is fark up and the quality is likely to make you blind.:smile:

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
i seriously don't think Moyes is the right man...true, he had brought Everton to what it is today - they used to flirt with relegation..........................................................

I concur with your reservations about Moyes and I fear the board of directors will give the new manager too much time to settle in. That could mean years without silverware.
I hope that the next man will be someone who is not afraid to spend big when he needs to and at the same time be supportive of youth development in the club.

elephanto

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I concur with your reservations about Moyes and I fear the board of directors will give the new manager too much time to settle in. That could mean years without silverware.
I hope that the next man will be someone who is not afraid to spend big when he needs to and at the same time be supportive of youth development in the club.

after fergie stepped down, it's only a matter of time good old sir bobby charlton stepped down as director & with his departure, no more reservations of Mourinho as MU Manager.

Very likely as I don't think Glazers meant to be long term owners of MU. Nor are they financially capable of debt-free ownership. So expect rocky ownership issues to disrupt smooth football operations at MU post-ferguson.

Seriously, Liverpool still boasted of the only case of successful managerial transition from Shankly to Paisley to Fagan to Dalglish - unfortunately, by then circumstances & change in the external landscape (premier league birth, ban from Europe etc) brought an end to the continued success of leadership succession.

Review MU's own club experience.

After Sir Matt Busby, managerial succession was a joke until 1986 when they napped Ferguson.

Unless ownership issues bring about financial restraint, I reckon Mourinho has the best credentials to bring a smooth transition to MU with continued successes on the field.

jw5

Loyal
Jose Mourinho.
He has a huge ego, he talks too much to the press, and he knows how to handle big players, sometimes with a soft touch and sometimes with an iron fist.
Man Utd need a manager with all 3 qualities.
David Moyes is the kind of manager who does well with limited resources, good at spotting players with potential, good at shuffling his squad, good at churning out results in difficult games, but he lacks european experience and he's not good at handling difficult players. A little like O'Neill, Allardyce, Bruce.
I suspect that Fergie has endorsed Moyes, because he still wants to be involved at the club at some level, and Moyes might just let him have his say once in a while. I can't see Mourinho letting anyone but himself have any say at any club he manages.

LauMeng

Alfrescian
Loyal
The odd for MU to win the EPL is now @ $2.50 at Singapore Pools. (Chelsea @$1.43) As a faithful MU fans, I just bought $100 on MU. If Pool holds Chelsea to a draw at Anfield and MU go on to beat Sunderland this coming Sunday, the odd will surely change in favor of MU. And with these result, I dare say that my chances of wining $150 ($250 -100) is as high as 90% .

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The odd for MU to win the EPL is now @ $2.50 at Singapore Pools. (Chelsea @$1.43)..If Pool holds Chelsea to a draw at Anfield and MU go on to beat Sunderland this coming Sunday, the odd will surely change in favor of MU. And with these result, I dare say that my chances of wining $150 ($250 -100) is as high as 90% .
Good for you (and keeping the faith). Hope Pool do not live up to some of their fans threat to shoot anywhere but goal.

But yours hang on the caveat MU don't slip on the proverbial banana skin with black cats and stoke. Pity destiny is reliant on chelskis kena koyak :p

jw5

Loyal
The odd for MU to win the EPL is now @ $2.50 at Singapore Pools. (Chelsea @$1.43) As a faithful MU fans, I just bought $100 on MU. If Pool holds Chelsea to a draw at Anfield and MU go on to beat Sunderland this coming Sunday, the odd will surely change in favor of MU. And with these result, I dare say that my chances of wining $150 ($250 -100) is as high as 90% .
Good luck, but Torres is out for the season, and Kyut and N Gog are both doubts for the Europa league team against A. Madrid.
Pool play on Thursday night and have to play Chelsea on Sunday.
Dooesn't look good for Man Utd in my opinion.