• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Man U vs L'pool: 14 Mar 09

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Manchester United is now 7 points ahead with 1 game in hand. Lose also doesn't matter much. However, Liverpool must win, otherwise game over and league over.

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
The way I see it Liverpool have to play exactly the way they played against United at Anfield earlier in the season. Close down United tightly, quick attacks, and resilience, even if a goal down, still push on. No other way as Liverpool need the win, a draw is of no use to them. No doubt this may open up the game for United and with home advantage this may well play in their favour but for the Reds this has got be the last throw of the dice in the EPL this season, no guts no glory, he who dares wins. Better to have tried and lost than play a defensive game and end up with a draw or worse still lose like that.

So for the Reds it is either a win or go down but hopefully with a fight till the final whistle. Come on you Reds:smile:

YNWA

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If you want good tips on Liverpool matches, you must ask a Man Utd fan and likewise Man Utd matches, ask Liverpool fans for tips. If a Man Utd fan tip Liverpool to win a match, then Liverpool will because if the most biased of rival fans can see a win, there must be good reasons.

As a ABU, I think Man Utd will win Liverpool ( 1-0 ). as a Liverpool supporter, I don't have good feelings about sat match.
Liverpool have a chance, they shut up chelsea at the bridge earlier this season but Man Utd are really unstoppable right now.

Man Utd win ( 60% ), Draw ( 25% ), Liverpool ( 15% )

kelvin

Alfrescian
Loyal
the balls and ballS are round = full-time = 0-0.
:p
its going to be a very tight and very fierce match,
the mother of all matches
:eek:

RK85

Alfrescian
Loyal
Some facts:

Manchester United
Ranked 1st for home form

· Have won 12 of 13 home games - drawn 1
· Taken 18 points from last available 18 at home
· Top for home goals averaging in excess of 2 per game and have scored in every game
· Have managed clean sheets in 77% of home games
· Have won the last 11 games
· Have kept 19 clean sheets – 10 at home

Liverpool

· Ranked 3rd with Manchester United for away form
· But only taken 9 points from last available 18 away
· Only Chelsea have a better away scoring record
· Away on average have conceded almost a goal a game
· Benitez has lost all 4 away to Manchester United in the league
· 57% of away goals are scored in the last 30 minutes
· Have failed to score in 6 games – 3 away

Lion_Barbell

Alfrescian
Loyal
Result : Man Utd 2 Liverpool 2
Philip Degen opened the scoring for the visitors before limping off with an injury.
Man Utd equalised and then took the lead.
The introduction of Jay Spearing changed the pattern of the Reds play as they ramped up the pressure on the Devils, fianlly paying dividends with the resultant equaliser.

Oops! Forgot to mention this was the reserve match between Man Utd vs Liverpool played last night :p

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
Man. Utd 1 Liverpool 4

Utd. had an energy sapping week. 3 games in 7 days is tough. Carrick has lost his form based on his past 5 league performances. His passing is dreadful and the veteran Scholes is struggling with form. I just dun know what to make of Scholes form. His league cup final performance was forgettable but the recent EC game against Inter I must add was simply 'shocking'!!

I fear Fergie will field these two over the in form Park and Fletcher.

On the other foot you have Liverpool who had more than a weeks' rest and it really showed their 'freshness' when they hammered REAL on EC nite. The momentum of that eye catching display will see them winning this one.
However, me thinks Utd will take EPL title by end April with games to spare.
GLORY,GLORY MAN UTD!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yansen84

Alfrescian
Loyal
think it will be tight, unlike previous utd-pool games. however with pool having to throw the kitchen sink and utd having absolutely no pressure, that might just prove the difference.

BlueCat

Alfrescian
Loyal
also do not know why.
if only,they shown these type of spirit and form,then Reds would have been looking at the EPL for the first time.
now the EPL is still MU to lose.

War Criminal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think Vidic get orders from EPL managers to kelong.

So can keep the title race open and draw more people to watch.

Hard to believe he made so many blunders = gave away two goals and got himself red carded. Essentially, he caused three goals since the last goal was due to him being red carded and not being there.