• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Makansutra Seetoh says Kay Lee duck recipe too expensive

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
He said he would use $400,000 to buy/learn the recipe from a duck master at GuangDong and use $1.6 million to open branches to sell the ducks..... only need $2 million....

Last edited:

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I think Seetoh is right.
Money wise. China duck recipe is much much better than Sinkiepore.

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I think Seetoh is right.
Money wise. China duck recipe is much much better than Sinkiepore.
I do agree with him, but he dun need to comment about it now leh, Kay Lee havent sold it yet, tio sabor sia....

I knew Seetoh when he was a photographer, he's a prick.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Shit! My grandma should have sold her recipes. She could do duck from alive to cooked, whether braised, roasted or boiled, very deliciously. Missed opportunity. :mad:

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Sitoh also talk chock lah. I got 2 million might as well just hire that China man to cook and spend the rest opening more branches

Last edited:

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Sitoh also talk chock lah. I got 2 million might as well just hire that China man to cook and spend the rest opening more branches
Aiyah, see you so smart, but this time cannot help you liao, if china man gone how? at least you must know how to do it yourself hands on mah. Worst if this china man find an investors and open another stall here, you siao liao......

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Aiyah, see you so smart, but this time cannot help you liao, if china man gone how? at least you must know how to do it yourself hands on mah. Worst if this china man find an investors and open another stall here, you siao liao......

If China man gone hire another one loh. Or make sure your other chefs, learn kungfu when he is around. Seriously just because chef leaves doesn't mean end of the restaurant if not all those big restaurant will be closing down every other month. My family run stall so many decades. change cook also haven't collapse the family biz yet

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If China man gone hire another one loh. Or make sure your other chefs, learn kungfu when he is around. Seriously just because chef leaves doesn't mean end of the restaurant if not all those big restaurant will be closing down every other month. My family run stall so many decades. change cook also haven't collapse the family biz yet
U run simi stall? :biggrin::biggrin:

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Shit! My grandma should have sold her recipes. She could do duck from alive to cooked, whether braised, roasted or boiled, very deliciously. Missed opportunity. :mad:

Once any recipe is sold, the standard will drop drastically.

A recipe should not be sold, but rather be passed down from generation to generation, from parent to child, from master to disciple.

It's not just cooking food. It also applies for crafts such as tailoring, woodworking, watchmaking, gemcutting etc.

Once you monetize the skill, the end product becomes crap.

If you don't believe me, observe what happens to Kay Lee roast meat after the old couple has died or retired and the new owner takes charge.

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
He said he would use $400,000 to buy/learn the recipe from a duck master at GuangDong and use $1.6 million to open branches to sell the ducks..... only need $2 million....
buy/learn recipe from china, ah? ... any minit can b fake recipe, woh! ... skali oso tainted wif melamine! ... :eek:

Last edited:

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
U run simi stall? :biggrin::biggrin:

Sell breakfast/snack kinda food. Business pretty good but elders dont want us to take over coz they say hard life.

A recipe should not be sold, but rather be passed down from generation to generation, from parent to child, from master to disciple.

It's not just cooking food. It also applies for crafts such as tailoring, woodworking, watchmaking, gemcutting etc.

If you don't believe me, observe what happens to Kay Lee roast meat after the old couple has died or retired and the new owner takes charge.

U dun do that the recipe and food tradition will die off. Like my family, the elders don't want our gen to take over coz hard life, after they are gone the recipe will disappear liao. That's why nowadays so many stalls just get the ingredients and recipe from supplier, standard lagi worse.

Seriously someone needs to open a cooking school to teach cooking local food and get those old timers who wants to retire but no one to take over to pass on their knowledge. Our food culture is slowly dying off coz our generation either dun want/dun know or cannot take over. We need to stop this else in the future all U see are FTs using supplier ingredients and recipe serving crap food like those at Food courts or places like LPS.

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Sell breakfast/snack kinda food. Business pretty good but elders dont want us to take over coz they say hard life.
Please lah, your stall dun have any signature dishes right? even if have, its your parents who can cook it right?

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Yes, should be apprenticeship, not selling recipe.

cunnilaubu

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
If I have 2 million, I'll go eat duck every week. Why would I want to buy the recipe, put in more $$ to manage the stall and slog from morning to night?
Siao.....

Anyway, the best roast duck I ever eaten is a store called 'Restoran Sunrise' in PJ. With a buddy, we can eat one whole duck.

Last edited:

Vivacious

Alfrescian
Loyal
If I have 2 million, I'll go eat duck every week. Why would I want to buy the recipe, put in more $$ to manage the stall and slog from morning to night?
Siao.....

Anyway, the best roast duck I ever eaten is a store called 'Restoran Sunrise' in PJ. With a buddy, we can eat one whole duck.

Try the one in Taman Connaught.....way better than those meats in Kay Lee. The steamed soup is better too.

BuiKia

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
i have eaten Kay Lee before. It is okay but not that great. Slightly above average.

Would I miss it if it is gone? not really as there a few nice one around too.