• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Mah Bow Tan : GOAL 2010!

peterlth

Alfrescian
Loyal
Prof-MahBowTan.gif
:wink:

After the S.League was established, in 1996, we in the FAS Council asked ourselves: What’s next? What’s the future of Singapore football?

We came to the conclusion that in order to realise our objective of football excellence, a drastic overhaul was needed. We came up with a long-term vision, one that was bold and ambitious "GOAL 2010: Singapore in the World Cup".

Many people shared their views with us, on the internet, in public forums and through the media. Fans from all walks of life, students, housewives, lawyers, businessmen, journalists, coaches, players and parents gathered in December 1998 at a public forum to listen to our plans and to express their views and to offer suggestions.

vincenttan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Mah Bow tan and Lim tong hai likes to score own goal. S-league can close shop after several local soccer talents leave the league for greener pasture.

KuanTi01

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I've said it before & I say it once more.
Goal 2010 was always destined to be just a pipe dream!
It's more correct to say "Own goal 2010" or "No goal 2010":biggrin:
Dream on!:wink:

The dream is best served when one fine day we start beating teams like Vietnam, Thailand Myanmar & Malaysia on a regular basis.

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
I've said it before & I say it once more.
Goal 2010 was always destined to be just a pipe dream!
It's more correct to say "Own goal 2010" or "No goal 2010":biggrin:
Dream on!:wink:

The dream is best served when one fine day we start beating teams like Vietnam, Thailand Myanmar & Malaysia on a regular basis.

It is not even a dream, just an aspiration. :wink:

Goh Meng Seng

oli9

Alfrescian
Loyal
Prof-MahBowTan.gif
:wink:

After the S.League was established, in 1996, we in the FAS Council asked ourselves: What’s next? What’s the future of Singapore football?

We came to the conclusion that in order to realise our objective of football excellence, a drastic overhaul was needed. We came up with a long-term vision, one that was bold and ambitious "GOAL 2010: Singapore in the World Cup".

Many people shared their views with us, on the internet, in public forums and through the media. Fans from all walks of life, students, housewives, lawyers, businessmen, journalists, coaches, players and parents gathered in December 1998 at a public forum to listen to our plans and to express their views and to offer suggestions.

Like I said over & over again, in my lifetime on this good earth, Spore will never be in any worldcup. If they did, I'll name my kid MALBORO TAN & I'll even change my surname.
All Spore football has to do is to make me eat my own shit.

Loofydralb

Alfrescian
Loyal
And yet Singaporean believe him when he says housing is affordable. Duh.

A minister who cannot make correct assesments about the potential of a soccer team is put in charge of a ministry running national development?

What real skills does he have beyond sucking up?

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
When the government set a goal and achieve it, there'd be much publicity and celebration. But when they fail, they pretend nothing has happened by not talking about it. Whereas, what they should have done is to take responsibility, publicly acknowledge or even apologise for the failure and study the causes.

Just like the 2-is-enough campaign in the 70s with a target to keep Singapore's population at around 2m. After the u-turn in the 80s, no accountability or explanation was given to the public, especially those affected by the campaign, e.g. those fined for having a 3rd child, those being coerced into premature sterilisation etc.

lovesamleong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singapore can never make it in football because the climate is too hot and humid for any player to play to its full potential..

nextinfidel

Alfrescian
Loyal
so has singapore managed to beat some of the big names in soccer for the world cup qualifying? England, Brazil, Argentina, Holland, Spain?

I think the only thing singapore soccer and Mah Bow Tan has beaten is their
own dicks and been sucking their own thumbs.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
its not a joke, its an honest mistake.
its 2100, not 2010.

Dream or joke, win SEA Games football gold medal and qualify for Asian Cup first, then maybe can consider talking about World Cup.

There's no way any foreign talent recruiting programs can help the Singapore team, because with this footballing environment, the 1st rates won't come. Singapore will always get the 2nd and 3 rates or worse.

Goh Chok Tong also vocally supported Mah Bow Tan's Goal 2010 in 1998 when he watched France won the World Cup. If France could win the World Cup by importing African players, then surely Singapore could at least qualify by importing foreign players, so he figured.

As a politician and national leader, his views sounded really naive and misinformed to anyone who know anything about the football and the world. France didn't "import" their African-born players. They were repatriated from French ex-colonies in Africa, from families with centuries of colonial ties with France that they could choose to be French citizens regardless or not they played football well. Furthermore, France has a football league that can develop and reward these talents.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
There're 2 types of jokes, the funny type and the not funny type. PAP ministers are very talented at telling the not funny type of joke.

But the have the talent of telling a not funny joke, but it turn out of to funny; like "mee siam mai hum" or "upturn the downturn"...SINgapore got talents!:biggrin:

nextinfidel

Alfrescian
Loyal
The joke is on them. Everyone is laughing at them....not with them.

this is going to go on from now till the whole 2010 world cup duration.

hope this joke gets mention in the live telecast of the matches itself for the whole world to see and mock at.

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The joke is on them. Everyone is laughing at them....not with them.

<embed src='http://www.youtube.com/v/n2HOiMeDOrs&rel=1' type='application/x-shockwave-flash' wmode='transparent' width='310' height='259'></embed>
<embed src='http://widget.lyricsmode.com/i/scroll2.swf?lid=70531&speed=4' width='318' height='181' type='application/x-shockwave-flash'/></embed>