• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

LKY: “We must teach children and adults to be courteous to each other.

Y.Yang.Goon

Sometimes when you give up your seat to an old man, he never bother to say thanks.

In the first place, it is only courteous to ask if you want the seat.

Sometimes pregnant women get her husband to demand for it, otherwise they will take your photo and post it in the media.

Kingrant, saratogas, Ramseth, and singveld are people in uniform? Which org?

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
With such talents of yrs, CSJ shld call you to become his Image Consultant.

CSJ is a very well-mannered well-spoken personality normally, that's except when he comes across PAP people or talks about PAP matters, he turns into another person. I'm no image consultant qualified to advise him. I'm just a casual commentator. He's a doctor of philosophy in neuropsychology. I'm sure he knows what he's doing and what he wants.

Sometimes when you give up your seat to an old man, he never bother to say thanks.

In the first place, it is only courteous to ask if you want the seat.

Sometimes pregnant women get her husband to demand for it, otherwise they will take your photo and post it in the media.

Yes, be a gentleman, always offer your seat without being asked, whether it happens to be a so-called reserved seat or not. All able-bodied gentlemen should voluntarily offer their seats to elderlies, handicapped, pregnant women or women with babies in their arms.

I once saw a ridicously don't know whether to laugh or cry incident on a bus. It was quite packed. There was a senior woman standing in front of a man seated. There was a senior woman seated next to him, and she spoke up, "Mister, why don't you offer your seat to her?"

The man said, "Ask her show me her senior card." She did. Then the man took out his own senior and compared, "See, I'm older than her." Then, ignored them and carried on being seated.

The comparison of ages might be amusing, but the fact that there were so many youngsters around being seated but none cared to offer their seats was rather saddening.

I could only venture a guess as to what these youngsters were thinking. There were on regular unreserved seats, why should they offer? Whatever, it was a very lamentable scene of the state of minds and state of affairs in Singapore as a society.

(Of course, I was standing throughout and had no seat to offer.)

Y.Yang.Goon

Knn, you bother with a cock and bull story but cannot even answer straight which org you are from. Oh, btw machiam some blue-collar workers even though the colour is green.

I once saw an Ah Tiong looking shiok whilst 2 locals were fighting for seats. cbk.

B

boba fett

That is ok if they are. So far the OA knows that Ramseth is an ex policeman but you are a clone that has just registered about an hour ago. :biggrin:

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

That doesn't look a straight question to me when you name so many.

Knn, you bother with a cock and bull story but cannot even answer straight which org you are from. Oh, btw machiam some blue-collar workers even though the colour is green.

If you must know, I don't mind. I was from police.

Baroko

Alfrescian
Loyal
These words can also be used very politely.
For example, "Would you like to meet me at the cul-de-sac please?" or "Please don't make me take out my knuckle-duster."
Before slapping anyone, we should also always ask for permission first. And do remember to apologise later and ask if it felt good.
It's only courteous to do so.

Haha. You are funny. Good one Bro!

Orion

Alfrescian
Loyal
This Old man lee doesnt even have the decency to show some courtesy to us and he makes himself GIC CEO (setup this company in secret) and make himself mentor minister, and give himself million dollar salaries.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Do ppl make fun of u by calling u poodle?

When I was in service, the people that I dealt with were usually too terrified to talk unless spoken to. Actually, some of them didn't talk even when I asked, courteously. I had to resort to other methods as allowed under Criminal Procedure Code limitation of necessary force to make them talk of course, but also courteously.

Yes, through the course of duty, I've come across abuses with words worse than poddle. Most of them regretted it and apologised to me after their discharge from hospital. Some of them called lawyer and sued. I won every such case in court or disciplinary board.

In police, I did things courteously, even violent things I handled or executed courteously. I never took things personally. It's just a job that I had to do. Otherwise, I'd be the one being charged.

Calling police a poodle is quite a recent term coined by SDP supporters. Ironically, SDP leader Dr. Chee was Police ASP (rank = Army Major).

Last edited:

tua lam pah

Alfrescian
Loyal
LKY brand of courtesy : I wear a knuckleduster and carry a hatchet. Come meet me in the cul-de-sac.

(Discourteous translation : I'll smash up your brains silly and chop you up bloody.)

LHL brand of courtesy: We'll make sure it'll cost them some money.

(Discourteous translation : They money too much is it? Want to challenge us?)

knuckleduster kee lan.....
when japanese invade spore, mah see lan lan go and be interpreter,
only know how to bully peasants....

elephanto

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
19990005263%20IMG0033.jpg

Interesting poster. The colors albeit a dull combination seemed to be chosen carefully to represent the three races.

Good observation... 4 colors actually. <!-- / message --> <!-- controls -->
Green background - sea of Malays around us
Yellow words - yellow for Chinese
Brown - for Indians - minority
White -for the english words - white people language tua kee you know ?

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Last time the standard term was 'running dog'
走狗
yes ....够贱!

LOL! Well said, but not perfect. The actual term was lackey before poodle became fashionable. Anyway, we were doing our jobs.

Even in a simple case of obstructive parking summons, they'd be two opposing parties. One side cursing why police "little bit only" issue summons, other side saying yes good fine that bloody idiot blocking my way.

Police works are mostly non-political. They go hunt down the murderers, robbers, thieves etc. who have inflicted losses and grievances on public. Would anyone call police lackeys or poodles in such cases?

Only occasionally, but inadvertently, there'd be duties ordered that are politically motivated. The system is such, the police don't decide what's law or order. They maintain the law and order as defined by politicians.

elephanto

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
LOL! Well said, but not perfect. The actual term was lackey
Disagree, it is true the English Ed will use terms like 'lackey' but the Chinese always use 'Chow Kow' - running dog - to denote cheng hu lang, or 'ah cheet' to denote garmen spies.

Funny, dogs & police have been associated since time immemorial.
My dad always tells me when young that he has 'Tua Kow' friends - 'Big Dog' meaning 'Inspector'.

VC - Vigilante Corps are callled 'Par Ngeow Choo' - 'beat mouse' or 'rat catcher'

Detectives/ plain clothes police are 'arm pai' - 'hidden card' in Hokkien.

So Ramseth, you are which kind of mata last time - or mata kia that's why so courtesy :p

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
I can see what you mean. Just like those road rage bullies - they all become another persona once behind the wheel.

CSJ is a very well-mannered well-spoken personality normally, that's except when he comes across PAP people or talks about PAP matters, he turns into another person.

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think the guiding principle shld be to give up yr seat to the person who needs it more than you.

I have seen many instances where a couple rolls in a stroller with a child in it. So does anybody have to offer a seat to them?

Another example is the couple rolls in a stroller which was filled with shopping bags, her handbag and of course all the baby stuff etc. But one of the parents is carrying a child. So what do you do or not do?

There was also one fussy Mum with stroller, kid inside, and Dad in tow. The young person at the "Reserved" seat did not give up his seat. It was the one next to him. Mum was not pleased at all. Throughout the journey, she was grumbling to her husband even tho both were finally seated but not at the corner. Because she felt she shld have that corner seat!

How do bros deal with these scenarios? It's when people just follow the rule and don't think of the spirit behind the rule, that such episodes happen!

Yes, be a gentleman, always offer your seat without being asked, whether it happens to be a so-called reserved seat or not. All able-bodied gentlemen should voluntarily offer their seats to elderlies, handicapped, pregnant women or women with babies in their arms.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Funny, dogs & police have been associated since time immemorial.
My dad always tells me when young that he has 'Tua Kow' friends - 'Big Dog' meaning 'Inspector'.

Good point. Inspectors are known as big dogs, yes.

So Ramseth, you are which kind of mata last time - or mata kia that's why so courtesy :p

Think of me as just a litte OC runner. At other times I don't wear uniform and hounded around. Served my time and gone.

I don't really mind people calling me lackey or poodle when I was in the force. That's the nature of the job. I can fully understand, courteously. But whilst I'm on the job, if you cross the poodle line, expect no mercy unless you're very courteous, and say please.

Last edited:

cunnosieur

Alfrescian
Loyal
BANK OF CHINA CEO
Liu was sentenced to death but given a two-year reprieve, the official Xinhua News Agency reported. Such suspended death sentences usually are commuted to life in prison if the convict is deemed to have reformed.

Liu also was a deputy chairman of Beijing-based Bank of China, one of China's four main state-owned commercial banks.

He was convicted of embezzling 14.3 million yuan ($1.8 million) with others, plus another 7.5 million yuan ($930,000) for himself, Xinhua said. It said Liu also was convicted of taking 1.4 million yuan ($170,000) in bribes.

be5fc6cf0bb45ec6

180px-Bankofchina-sg.JPG

IMG_0047.JPG

人之初,性本恶

cooleo

Alfrescian
Loyal
But whilst I'm on the job, if you cross the poodle line, expect no mercy unless you're very courteous, and say please.

You brought up a very vital point - ppl will tend to show u mercy when you are COURTEOUS. That's why before u smash someone in the face, do preface with a "please" and follow up with a "thank you".

Hope all of you have a nice day.