• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.
Status
Not open for further replies.

euphony

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nice, welcome neighbour :smile: You bought the fully furnished units?

personally find the fully furnished ones on the exp side of things. bought the original one so that i can have the excitement of doing it up from scratch. furniture and slight renovations. =)

Last edited:

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
This mornin i checked the camera for traffic situation at ciq. Was horrendous.

So i decided to enter spore via tuas

free flowing

however i was greeted by the horrifying site of a huge jam at tuas in the direction of of malaysia

will probably take hours to clear

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
On friday i accidentally used the rm 8/day plan for browsing.

This morning i hooked onto the rm15/week unlimited plan

what a huge diff in price?

Same network or diff networks?

Why so much price variation

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Man, went through customs yesterday through 2nd link at 11pm, jammed. Then my sister turned around and jokingly blamed me.

Been pretty busy the last few days, in between my job(sometimes work 2 days in a row), helping wife with her business and doing IT set up for her, seldom get any down time.

Even weekends are spent mostly working or volunteering.

My time the past few days:

1. Fixing neighbours wireless network APs and pc
2. Fixing neighbours water tap
3. Got contractors to fix 2 tenants roof
4. Got electrician to fix 1 tenants electrical lights and replacement
5. Got electrician to fix a friends kitchen lights
6. Got contractor to stick a piece of tile (past defect period) for a friend, got charged a huge sum for a piece of tile, told my friend its a small sum and i will cover
7. Helped a friend fix up car tyres
8. Helped a friend get painting done for his car
9. Helped a friend check his defects and got tiles changed
10. Secretly been helping a friend with his defects, contractor wanted to stop but pushed so although it was delayed, it was all good. (Got the feeling his mum thinks i profit from helping them so just help silently)
11. Helping friend water their plants.
12. Driving my friends car to fix their timing belt (by the way, Gates timing belts are great)
13. Helping a friend with his phone mms and network settings

By the way, i am thinking of getting a small repeater so that my immediate area can get even better SG mobile reception.

Grago

Alfrescian
Loyal
Was thinking of taking family down to Monsta Cafe at Bukit Indah..... Bro AP fav. haunt...... shocked to see the traffic at Causeway and the thought of 2nd link. Read AP's post :( about 2nd link. Decided better stay in Sg. Happy weekend all:smile:

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wow that would be great Wuqi if you can get a repeater to boost the Spore signal which means your area will have access to faster Spore signals costs aside.

Wish i could do that at Setia Tropika.

Please let us know how you achieve success here. That would be great.

How much does a repeater cost?

karmabear

Alfrescian
Loyal
malaysia side doing some cheebye biometric shit so jamming the causeway. I was there at 11pm 2nd link. I dunno why the Malaysians must always come up with this type of fuck things when everything was doing fine.

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yeah horrible traffic situation.

I had my sons bday party today in Spore. So no choice had to come down to spore..

Lucky for me..... CIQ was heavily jammed and i quickly checked Tuas and headed towards Tuas.

No jam for me though.

But the jam to enter Malaysia unbelievable. Felt that CNY was round the corner.

Was thinking of taking family down to Monsta Cafe at Bukit Indah..... Bro AP fav. haunt...... shocked to see the traffic at Causeway and the thought of 2nd link. Read AP's post :( about 2nd link. Decided better stay in Sg. Happy weekend all:smile:

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nt my favourite any more la bro.

Tired of it already.

Kids however insist on it.

Any other good places where you can let the kids run around safely?

I need a break..... from Monsta Cafe.... They dun like the traditional ones like Station One.... They find it boring...

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Horizon hills it should work i guess as long as can pick up signal and boost the signal strength. (They have built in signal amplifiers right?)

I studied electronics for 2 years during my JC as one of my special subjects.

However have since forgotten everything.

Wished the signals could reach Tropika.... But alas no where in sight....

Man, went through customs yesterday through 2nd link at 11pm, jammed. Then my sister turned around and jokingly blamed me.

Been pretty busy the last few days, in between my job(sometimes work 2 days in a row), helping wife with her business and doing IT set up for her, seldom get any down time.

Even weekends are spent mostly working or volunteering.

My time the past few days:

1. Fixing neighbours wireless network APs and pc
2. Fixing neighbours water tap
3. Got contractors to fix 2 tenants roof
4. Got electrician to fix 1 tenants electrical lights and replacement
5. Got electrician to fix a friends kitchen lights
6. Got contractor to stick a piece of tile (past defect period) for a friend, got charged a huge sum for a piece of tile, told my friend its a small sum and i will cover
7. Helped a friend fix up car tyres
8. Helped a friend get painting done for his car
9. Helped a friend check his defects and got tiles changed
10. Secretly been helping a friend with his defects, contractor wanted to stop but pushed so although it was delayed, it was all good. (Got the feeling his mum thinks i profit from helping them so just help silently)
11. Helping friend water their plants.
12. Driving my friends car to fix their timing belt (by the way, Gates timing belts are great)
13. Helping a friend with his phone mms and network settings

By the way, i am thinking of getting a small repeater so that my immediate area can get even better SG mobile reception.

Hi wuqi, will the Repeater work for my starhub mobile?

euphony

Alfrescian
Loyal
checked skycam came out to Sg only 1:30+ when the traffic started clearing up. when I passed the BKE entering into woodlands check point dropped my jaws. inbound traffic queue reached SLE exit!!! sian wonder how to go back afterwards maybe squat some friend's place. =(

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
hmmm.... i gotta go back too....

dunno whats a good time.....

checked skycam came out to Sg only 1:30+ when the traffic started clearing up. when I passed the BKE entering into woodlands check point dropped my jaws. inbound traffic queue reached SLE exit!!! sian wonder how to go back afterwards maybe squat some friend's place. =(

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
i think i go back only after mid nite

saw the monstrous snaking jam on camera just now

aangsc

Alfrescian
Loyal

do share how that can be achieve , that was one of the major setback I can't stay HH becos' spouse die die must have SG phone .

Look like you can run the HH maintenance division , with all the experience n network we can safely count on YOU. Any chance running for committee later but then again you are on Golf side ?

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wuqi is the In House (Resident) Technical Consultant

do share how that can be achieve , that was one of the major setback I can't stay HH becos' spouse die die must have SG phone .

Look like you can run the HH maintenance division , with all the experience n network we can safely count on YOU. Any chance running for committee later but then again you are on Golf side ?

mallow

Alfrescian
Loyal
Anyone here knows if there will be new launches for twin villas at East Ledang in the near future? I heard about it sometimes back but there are no news for the past months

Attended a Friday get-together last night at the Urban Retreat which was relaxed and a very pleasant way to meet neighbours and weekend neighbours. White wine was apparently tawar, and the red wine non-existent, but beer flowed, and the wine situation is to be immediately remedied. Company was excellent. Nusajaya residents are all invited, 6.30 on, Friday evenings. Also met a property agent with all sorts of interesting info to share on costs and true prices.
HH, register here for fresh information: [email protected]
Glad to kaypoh and enquire for all on Monday.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
It can actually be done, i was once involved with certain projects in SG, we did it to amplifier underground telecommunication signals. Just get a GSM 900/1800 dual band repeater, even just one band can help. Just something basic but the catch here is the signal at the placement of the outdoor antenna must be at least of usable strength. As we already have a signal in HH so this would work well.

I am actually staying at Gateway and i also have a house at the Golf. Was thinking of the Hills too but prices went up.

Thanks bros HH and AP for the contribution. I have went back to SG a couple more times since the post before last and through Tuas, didn't need to put in cash card. We have MACS and i brought in 3 more family members through 2nd link, none need to scan their prints at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.