• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tansi

Alfrescian
Loyal
Gaming is good.... But he will have to get into hi end gaming for the buck.

Unless he comes up with something extremely innovative/creative/popular and cheap.
I empathize with parents who have to advise their children what to study. What we knew during our school days seem irrelevant to the ever changing present days. Happened to read a web page on local tertiary education,
http://www.temasekreview.com/2011/04/26/our-dying-animation-industry/
It talks about local animation course, won't know if other fields hv similar problem.

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Good news for everyone staying in Iskandar region.

Efforts to safeguard security a success 03 JUNE 2011 , BY THE STAR

Cooperation between the Iskandar Regional Development Authority (IRDA) and law enforcement agencies especially the police to safeguard public and investors security in Iskandar Malaysia was a roaring success.

IRDA chief executive Ismail Ibrahim said close cooperation between both parties helped reduce the crime index by 24% and street crime by 42% compared to last year.

“We have always acknowledged the fact that safety is of utmost importance and of our investors’ concern.

“In circumventing this issue, IRDA has worked hand-in-glove with the Royal Malaysia Police to ensure safety and security is continuously preserved,” he said.

Ismail added that efforts to boost public security also saw the police increasing its personnel in the special economic zone from 6,172 in 2007 to 9,115 this year.

To further cement the police presence in Iskandar Malaysia, Ismail said IRDA was awaiting the approval from the Police to recruit a battalion strength of 924 Auxiliary Police personnel.

The Auxiliary Police battalion, he said, would be deployed at critical infrastructure and catalytic projects within Iskandar Malaysia.

As part of the National Key Result Areas (NKRA) initiative to “flood” Iskandar Malaysia with policemen, the Johor police, he added, had launched 26 mobile beat bases to complement the additional 480 personnel provided by the e General Operations Force (GOF).

Since the economic corridor, which is twice the size of Singapore, was launched in 2006, it has managed to attract RM70 billion in investments.

avalon74

Alfrescian
Loyal
Last weekend, i went through CIQ & was issued the sticker thing.
Today when me & wife went across, we both had the stickers but wife kenna finger printed but i exempted..

Anyone know why some pple need to finger print while others not required?
We have not gotten the MACS yet..

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
at tesco

dettol antiseptic liquid 750 ml 21.50

tesco antiseptic liquid 750 ml 11.50

any diff?

what a huge diff between branded products n housebrands?:*:

avalon74

Alfrescian
Loyal
Checked with SEG in the latest double storey development Miyana which is 22x80, was told it cost ard 450K RM..
& the said that the 20% foreign quota filled already!

She was proposing the semi-D which cost 1.5 million.. wonder who will buy when there are other options like HH, LF, EL, LH etc...

euphony

Alfrescian
Loyal
Checked with SEG in the latest double storey development Miyana which is 22x80, was told it cost ard 450K RM..

She was proposing the semi-D which cost 1.5 million.. wonder who will buy when there are other options like HH, LF, EL, LH etc...

i wonder how does setia development precincts get their names all of them so fluid and colorful sounding yet non routine english names. yeh there is much supply in the nusajaya area and the developers are asking for a lot of money as well even though it is still cheaper than SG per sq ft basis.

avalon74

Alfrescian
Loyal
i wonder how does setia development precincts get their names all of them so fluid and colorful sounding yet non routine english names. yeh there is much supply in the nusajaya area and the developers are asking for a lot of money as well even though it is still cheaper than SG per sq ft basis.

However the name is only used during the sales document.. current address is just street name also..
Reminds me of BTO in Singapore where all fancyful names but after building, not stated anywhere (maps or directories)..
even taxi uncles dunno.. thats the diff to condos..

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sometimes i wonder why Setia prices its properties above premium.

I just dun get it. Despite all that.... its still well taken up and sold.

Now Horizon Hills from my observations is a wonderful development. How does Setia manage to price above HH and still walk away with the sale?:confused::confused::*::*:

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
I wonder as well. I love their names.... Nice sounding leh.

Agreed so much suppy..... developers asking for the sky.... and still all sold out????:*::*::*::*:

Pray what are the factors driving the market/

Sometime back i had wanted to discuss market fundamentals hoping that the market is not driven by speculators which would therefore logically lead to a crash.

euphony

Alfrescian
Loyal
I wonder as well. I love their names.... Nice sounding leh.

Agreed so much suppy..... developers asking for the sky.... and still all sold out????:*::*::*::*:

Pray what are the factors driving the market/

Sometime back i had wanted to discuss market fundamentals hoping that the market is not driven by speculators which would therefore logically lead to a crash.

I wonder if they used a software to generate the names. i know pharmaceutical industries do to generate drug names =)

I also hear there is a certain speculative element too for these houses but are usually booked even before the house/precinct plan is drawn according to one of the sales rep in HH who will then flip them as they are launched. These people are usually foreigners (not SG) who markets the development to their own people back home. Though I suspect the majority who buys at launch are earnest owners or buying to generate rental income to diversify their portfolio. Still if the housing prices are maintaining its upwards momentum it may soon reach into the league of KL and Penang even though the supply-demand is skewed in comparison to the other 2.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.