• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.
Status
Not open for further replies.

2bfree2b

Alfrescian
Loyal
Welcome 2b to the BWV family :smile: Very soon we can have a nice size for coffee gathering.

Thanks edm for the welcome but I havent buy it yet lei......Stil have to wait for the 2 shwflats to be ready. Most prob gona buy a ready unit & just bring my bags. :biggrin:Hahaha. If everything goes well then Yes, end of the year shld move in. I am pretty sure abt the place, just love it. But one of my frens who bought Setia Eco Gardens insist that I go over to his place to take a look too. He is trying to swing me to the dark side. LOL:biggrin:

edm23

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks edm for the welcome but I havent buy it yet lei......Stil have to wait for the 2 shwflats to be ready. Most prob gona buy a ready unit & just bring my bags. :biggrin:Hahaha. If everything goes well then Yes, end of the year shld move in. I am pretty sure abt the place, just love it. But one of my frens who bought Setia Eco Gardens insist that I go over to his place to take a look too. He is trying to swing me to the dark side. LOL:biggrin:

Hey 2b, the showflats that BWV produces do have some standard, i'm sure they will turn out nice :smile: Every establishments have their own unique charm, i've always wished i had more resources to buy units at other areas. No harm having a look at SEG really, its important to explore and acquire as much knowledge before making an informed decision. A property in JB though not as costly as one in SG still warrants extensive research before committing. For me and my family, we loved the pace and tranquility that LF and BWV has to offer and we decided in a heartbeat.

Good luck in your journey to seek the right property. The few of us in BWV will certainly be happy to have a new kaki should your eventual choice be a unit at BWV :smile:

euphony

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hey 2b, the showflats that BWV produces do have some standard, i'm sure they will turn out nice :smile: Every establishments have their own unique charm, i've always wished i had more resources to buy units at other areas. No harm having a look at SEG really, its important to explore and acquire as much knowledge before making an informed decision. A property in JB though not as costly as one in SG still warrants extensive research before committing. For me and my family, we loved the pace and tranquility that LF and BWV has to offer and we decided in a heartbeat.

Good luck in your journey to seek the right property. The few of us in BWV will certainly be happy to have a new kaki should your eventual choice be a unit at BWV :smile:

hear hear!

vincentck

Alfrescian
Loyal
Gin, you cannot follow me lah!

We started off with carpouch tiling. My hubby started on the living room electricity himself and found that his don't have time for kitchen electricity so prune some work to the contracter. Then window grilles comes in. Next the cabinets comes but after that found the contractors electricity work to be so ugly. Unlike those quality you get from Singapore. So no choice got to do the ceiling to cover it up. Now we are painting the housing ourself as well as do the electricities, lightings and the pipings. The aircon is not up yet. My hubby will be fixing aircon himself for the master bedroom first and the rest after we move in. The painting is still a work in progress. Will continue to do it after we move in. And the curtains are also not up yet. Also another work in progress.:o

Wow Cathy... you guys really power lar... ur hubby likes DIY izzit? How does he know how to do all the electrical stuff and Aircond installation? Respect!!!

2bFree

Alfrescian
Loyal
Very good showing I must say by the alternative parties. It shows the GRC system is flawed and the mandate given is eroded compared to 2006.

Hopefully this will send a strong signal that things must change.

2bfree2b

Alfrescian
Loyal
Very good showing I must say by the alternative parties. It shows the GRC system is flawed and the mandate given is eroded compared to 2006.

Hopefully this will send a strong signal that things must change.

Hi 2b, are u frm MCF, Sgmerc or bmwsg? We cld be in the same 2 or 3 forums. Hahahahaha

hangyong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Took the plunge and signed a unit for Fairway Suites @ HH this afternoon.
Paid deposit and will sign S&P in 21 days, together with bank loan.
They absorb both the lawyers fee, and I have to pay the loan stamp duty and state consent levy then.
Stamp duty for unit and processing fee will only need to be paid when I get the title deed (which is about 8 years from now).
Maintenance fee free 24 months from TOP.

not that bad a deal...

Wish me all the best now...

euphony

Alfrescian
Loyal
They absorb both the lawyers fee, and I have to pay the loan stamp duty and state consent levy then.
Stamp duty for unit and processing fee will only need to be paid when I get the title deed (which is about 8 years from now).

not that bad a deal...

cheers bro, hope you'll have a very nice dream home in time to come. It's all about waiting now, seeing the condo grow taller is like seeing a child grow up haha. maybe not.

2bfree2b

Alfrescian
Loyal

not that bad a deal...

Congrats Bro. Fairway Suites showflats are stunning. Congrats again.

hangyong

Alfrescian
Loyal
cheers bro, hope you'll have a very nice dream home in time to come. It's all about waiting now, seeing the condo grow taller is like seeing a child grow up haha. maybe not.

yah... it only completes in 2014.... wonder why it takes so long.... haha..

but good lah! 2014 get key to HH, 2016 finish loan for HDB in Singapore... 2031 finish paying bank for HH... just nice to retire... hahahaha

hangyong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Congrats Bro. Fairway Suites showflats are stunning. Congrats again.

it is indeed... any my wife and I cannot resist the temptation...

was also looking at the Super Link at The Hills in HH. going for about RM750k, and they absorb all stamp duty and lawyer's fee.
Give Life time non golf membership (but have to pay monthly subscription), and 2 years maintenance free.
Build up Area is almost 3000sft.... si beh gian... but bo lui...

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal
Oh you've very interesting sequence...basically everything from aircon to electricity to lighting to piping can DIY...haha are you sewing the curtain yourself?

Hubby has electrical cert and is well trained although now in the aircon line...people in these line has high expectation for others work. Very niao one.....hehe....

Curtains will be ready made ones from Ikea but will be doing the curtain tracks ourself. Btw, for the children the curtain rod in Ikea if very cheap. $2.00+ only.

Last edited:

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal

not that bad a deal...

Welcome aboard friend. You have definately made a right decision!

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
:smile:
Hubby has electrical cert and is well trained although now in the aircon line...people in these line has high expectation for others work. Very niao one.....hehe....

Curtains will be ready made ones from Ikea but will be doing the curtain tracks ourself. Btw, for the children the curtain rod in Ikea if very cheap. $2.00+ only.

Electrical cert is an extremely valuable skill to have! Can save alot of money on home maintenance. That time I was quoted $50 just to replace the defective water heater switch.

Your hubby in air con line! Err can trouble you to seek some expert advice? Recently my air con that is over a decade old started to make very loud motor noise once in a while - something like the washing machine spinning noise - can help me check like that means what? The air con is still operating otherwise, air still cold...is it end of life coming for the air con? :( Sorry to trouble you, thank you very much in advance. :p

Oh you bought your curtains from Ikea...thought can ask you whether it's easy to sew curtains...my similarly over a decade old day curtain got some portion torn already, recently thought of buying one of those sewing machines on offer in supermarket around $120 and learn to sew curtains...then next time can sew for the new house in JB too...hehe kind of ridiculous and too ambitious idea hor...i prefer custom made double pleat curtain but dislike to pay high price, that's why dreaming :biggrin:

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal

not that bad a deal...

Congrats on your new house! I visited the showflat before too, find the layout is good. :smile:

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ah i have another friend like you a Chinese guy from KL. He was posted to Spore where he worked for several years. He never applied for PR (let alone citizenship)

He said choices and freedom across the causeway in Malaysia are just too many to be ignored.

Ha ha...

Welcome back!

am SPR though I have been in Sg studying or working most of my life.

Status
Not open for further replies.