• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal
Well I hope that this wikileak thing dies down faster than I thought and bilateral relations warms up again. Don't want to go around with a Singapore car and be a potential target of attacks from villagers like it used to. Pray hard it won't happen.

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The entire Nusajaya is damn huge. It will take some effort to clear the thick vegetation.. We just cannot think that every country is as small as Singapore. Lim Chu Kang is really super small compared to Nusajaya, which is already 3 times bigger than whole of Singapore

Hi dapbest,
The one which is 3 times the size of Singapore is actually Iskandar Region.
Nusajaya City is only a small part of Iskandar region and it is 1/6 the size of Singapore. Nusajaya City is one of the 5 flagship zones of Iskandar Region.
Medini is just a small part of Nusajaya. I'm interested in the progress of Medini because the Iskandar Financial District is inside Medini. Nusajaya's success will very much depends on the progress of Medini.
Your HH is also part of Nusajaya City :smile:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Guys, my learned friend just SMSed me. He left the main entrance of HH at exactly 8am this morning and arrived in office before 9am near Orchard area.

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
property prices will surely keep appreciating. Even during the economic crisis, I have not heard of property prices going down in Nusajaya

Yes I agree, we will see more appreciation of property prices in Nusajaya in 2011 and 2012 when 2 Theme Parks, 2 International Universities, retail shops, Hotels and Coaster Highway bring Nusajaya to life!

Coolsaint77

Alfrescian
Loyal
Guys, my learned friend just SMSed me. He left the main entrance of HH at exactly 8am this morning and arrived in office before 9am near Orchard area.

My travelling time from my front door in Nusa Idaman to Chai Chee is typically between 1 hour to 1:15.

Most of the time delay is caused by slow traffic on AYE between Jurong Town Hall and Clementi stretch.

My usual set off time is 8am to 9am.

Coolsaint77

Alfrescian
Loyal
8-9am there wont be jam at both the custom meh? Sorry for asking as I am early bird. I agree with you that AYE side is the cause of jams for motorists like us. I have never once encountered any jams on the highways back to Singapore

Yup... it seems the crowd came earlier around 6plus to 7plus.
I tried 2 or 3 times and gave up on the earlier timing.
Consistently set off between 8am to 9am for the last 1.5 years.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Yes, just confirmed with him as we just had lunch. His time is inclusive of pumping petrol. He reached office before 9am.

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal
As for me, one unit is for own stay, extra units are for investment.

Look more like people in MY are moving forward , they upgrade house fr 1 flr to 2 flr , semi d too ! :smile:
In SG , our parents used to be in big houses , EA and now we got to be contented to stay in 4rm and even a 3rm liao for future generations :mad:
My conclusion , next 20yrs , MY progress while SG will go down the hill !

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Ok Dap,to try this out for myself, today i did the same thing he did yesterday, i asked him to sms me the time he left for work and reached the front door of his office. He just SMS me, he again left around 8am,at exactly 8.05 am and i left at 8.18 am.

He reached Orchard area at 9.02 am and i reached my workplace near his at 9.10am. So really 8am is quite doable for work for central or West area. East areas or South may be more time. Please note though, this is through the 2nd link.

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yup... it seems the crowd came earlier around 6plus to 7plus.
I tried 2 or 3 times and gave up on the earlier timing.
Consistently set off between 8am to 9am for the last 1.5 years.

Hi ,
You mean you have been doing this for 1.5yrs already ?
Worth while or not ? Cost $12.8 toll + Gas $5 + time 3hrs x 20 days = S$500 ?
I only use my house as weekend home and maybe for retirement next time ,
I think should be more feasible :smile:

rdgs

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
It was not crowded in the MY part at all,only at the AYE side, right, we will be able to know more once Jan sets in.

Coolsaint77

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi ,
You mean you have been doing this for 1.5yrs already ?
Worth while or not ? Cost $12.8 toll + Gas $5 + time 3hrs x 20 days = S$500 ?
I only use my house as weekend home and maybe for retirement next time ,
I think should be more feasible :smile:

rdgs

I do have other reasons for moving here, but put that aside, strictly for assessing if it is worthwhile:

1) Gas costs me MYR35 x 20 = MYR700 per month ==> same as the S$300 per month i would incur to travel from Bukit Batok to Bedok + local commute daily

2) Toll was $9.20+MYR21.60 = S$18 daily ==> S$360 per month, if i work at office everyday (meaning i could chose to work from home some days) This has now been reduced and it is about S$280 per month.

3) Travelling time: daily to and fro office-bkt batok is 1:30 mins, daily to and fro JB-office is 2hr to 2:30 mins ==> in fact the incremental time is no more than an hour in total daily.

4) Food and Supplies: generally about 30% to 50% cheaper in JB, depending on what you spend on. Hence if meals and household supplies costs S$2000 a month, my savings is about S$600 to S$1000.

5) PUB Bills... my bill was about S$350 per month in SG, i incur about MYR300 per month in JB but with a 2.5hp aircon turned on 24 hrs.

6) House cost: Average S$800k condo in Bkt Batok. Now rented out at S$3k per month = MYR7k. Rented a corner terrace in Nusa Idaman for MYR1k p/mth ==> left with surplus MYR6k per month.

I leave you to do the sums.

I'm a poor man hence these savings are significant for me. The main draw is my huge dog has a big garden to run about, and we have lots of space in a comfortable house, plus nice food.

Plus i can ram my car up to 200kmh every morning. :biggrin:

euphony

Alfrescian
Loyal
I do have other reasons for moving here, but put that aside, strictly for assessing if it is worthwhile:

1) Gas costs me MYR35 x 20 = MYR700 per month ==> same as the S$300 per month i would incur to travel from Bukit Batok to Bedok + local commute daily

2) Toll was $9.20+MYR21.60 = S$18 daily ==> S$360 per month, if i work at office everyday (meaning i could chose to work from home some days) This has now been reduced and it is about S$280 per month.

3) Travelling time: daily to and fro office-bkt batok is 1:30 mins, daily to and fro JB-office is 2hr to 2:30 mins ==> in fact the incremental time is no more than an hour in total daily.

4) Food and Supplies: generally about 30% to 50% cheaper in JB, depending on what you spend on. Hence if meals and household supplies costs S$2000 a month, my savings is about S$600 to S$1000.

5) PUB Bills... my bill was about S$350 per month in SG, i incur about MYR300 per month in JB but with a 2.5hp aircon turned on 24 hrs.

6) House cost: Average S$800k condo in Bkt Batok. Now rented out at S$3k per month = MYR7k. Rented a corner terrace in Nusa Idaman for MYR1k p/mth ==> left with surplus MYR6k per month.

I've turned up with ~S$600 extra savings nett factoring other expenditures. More humble background as a single and not owning any property to reap profits from in SG. I eat much better these days growing my own herbs in the balcony and cooking a fair bit of meals when I am home. These things could be easily done in SG too except I would not be able to live like I do currently. I was one of those chasing for a dream home in SG only to be priced out of it when I could finally afford the previous pricing.

Coolsaint77

Alfrescian
Loyal
I've turned up with ~S$600 extra savings nett factoring other expenditures. More humble background as a single and not owning any property to reap profits from in SG. I eat much better these days growing my own herbs in the balcony and cooking a fair bit of meals when I am home. These things could be easily done in SG too except I would not be able to live like I do currently. I was one of those chasing for a dream home in SG only to be priced out of it when I could finally afford the previous pricing.

That is consistent with my numbers.
The main draw is living a lot more comfortably at a bigger place and not burdened by housing, trade-off being travelling an hour more daily.

Better quality of life at a lower costs.

Last edited:

<fud>

Alfrescian
Loyal
Plus i can ram my car up to 200kmh every morning. :biggrin:

You didn't factor in the savings in traffic fines in cheap RM versus the exorbitant SGD fine .... :wink:

Fine for driving in bus lane in Sg - SGD120. No bus lane in Nusajaya.
Fine for parking in zig zag line in Sg - SGD120. No zig zag line in Nusajaya. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.