• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Coolsaint77

Alfrescian
Loyal
...I think business must be really good coz the sales person that was serving me and my wife can't really be bothered to make my stay an impressionable one. I was made to follow him in my car and he was driving so fast that i have problem catching up with him! He didn't really provide me with much information abt the units that we went to, once we reached, he will just leave us alone to walk about. When we reached the Fairway Suites showroom, he didn't even go in with us?? Just showed us the door and lighted a cigerette... Does anyone have similar experience? Any bros here have better sales person to recommend?

Haha so far i met 2 sales person, one Malay guy and another Indian lady. Both seems to be laid back and not keen to "sell". On the 3rd try i met this girl Shinyi who brought me to view the houses. She is a little more keen... and she told me she was hoping to win the top salesperson award so she hopes i could help her... lol... she is not great but certainly better than the rest

Coolsaint77

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have friends who dare not drive to Johore till today!

Sure or not Bro Myo369? Maybe your friend is already staying INSIDE Johor?

To be honest i still do encounter people who dare not drive to JB. There are also friends who think JB houses should not be more than 100-200k. I might invite them to my house when it is ready in 2 years time... see if they still think it is worth 100-200k... :smile:

Batok Seri

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think business must be really good coz the sales person that was serving me and my wife can't really be bothered to make my stay an impressionable one. I was made to follow him in my car and he was driving so fast that i have problem catching up with him! He didn't really provide me with much information abt the units that we went to, once we reached, he will just leave us alone to walk about. When we reached the Fairway Suites showroom, he didn't even go in with us?? Just showed us the door and lighted a cigerette... Does anyone have similar experience? Any bros here have better sales person to recommend?

I got similar detached treatment from a Adda Heights Chinese sales guy while an Indian East Ledang rep was very professional and followed up closely. So its hardly a race thing.

Experience with Tophills sales folks (rent and resale) was also hit and miss. A few don't answer phones while others don't respond promptly.

Things go at a different pace here.
Don't take it personally.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
You know what, i don't even want to bother replying anymore as its a gross waste of time.

Maybe i misunderstood but your continuing twisting and turning here is apparent to all but i shall digress here but just like your masters, you clearly think too little of the fellow Singaporeans here.

Last edited:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Ok edm, i actually asked a few learned friends here, the locals take on it, out of 5, 3-4 will still look at FD rates for loans.

toyohon

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro Wuqi
It take all kinds to have a "balance" in this world. Its good to have contrasting views to "remind" us once in a while though it can be irritating once cynicism sets in. Let's just focus and continue the sharing / discussion.:wink:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Sorry to hear edm, its all due to the rumour and scare mongering that has been going on for far too long. Even i was a victim of it but its not too late, there are other properties to consider.

For HH, you may be a bit late though, their sales folks attitudes have changed a bit, it used to be much better as they will take us around, etc in their vehicle. You should make a complain though about this, regardless whether you are going to buy or not.

I guess their sales figures must be doing ok, my dad just told me my learned neighbours friends from Aussieland are here today to discuss about properties here.

Even another learned friend, a very polite local here told me just the other day he will get a unit at the Golf. He just messenged me just now about it, seems the folks here are really moving as well.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Coolsaint, unfortunately no one looks down on Singaporeans more than those in the civil service and their own countrymen. Hence the need to import FTs by the truckload every day.

Those in the govt service couldn't care less as they are not in the private sector so they are probably still safe, at least for now.

First they came for the poor, and I did not speak out--
because I was not poor;
Then they came for the those in the MNCs, and I did not speak out--
because I was not in any MNC;
Then they came for those in the SMEs, and I did not speak out--
because I was not in any SME;
Then they came for those new graduates, and I did not speak out--
because I was holding on to my job;

Then they came for me--
and there was no one left to speak out for me.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Bro Wuqi
It take all kinds to have a "balance" in this world. Its good to have contrasting views to "remind" us once in a while though it can be irritating once cynicism sets in. Let's just focus and continue the sharing / discussion.:wink:

Oh the other side of the coin is welcomed! What is not is either folks criticizing or making personal attacks or doubting people's intentions and then editing out their post when people replied or caught them out. Then when they cannot reply or stuck, they will just do the government "move on" routine that everyone is so tired of these days.

When its once or twice, i don't even care but do it too often and its hitting below the belt and starts to get personal. I didn't even mention both Johore and JB first but someone had to and once i pointed that out as he was referring to life over the otherside, then its time to do the point fingers, twist plus "confuse the issue time"

Thanks for the reminder though, i don't even want/bother to reply on this now.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Ok, the slashing part is really scary, seems there are lots of slashing crime all over lately.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Thanks euphony, there are always different arguments and all are welcome as this is just a discussion on the next steps as we all need to plan ahead long term.

Even if things over here don't take off, its still a good place to retire to, there is a very learned dear friend of mine here who i look up to. He is retiring here nicely and i hope
to be like him when i grow older.

Where are you putting up at in JB? Perharps you can also share with us your experience here.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Its a bit funny, in a way, 2 years ago i was like that exactly and didn't think it was even safe to step in one bit.

By the way, what do you think of the service at the MacDonalds in the round about? Oh also, there is a very good chinese physician near Eon Bank, also at the round about, only thing is he is a bit too expensive but very very effective for back, sprains, etc. Really very good.

The only place i know matches up in SG would not be the Seah ah cheok place (they turned me and my friends away as it was nearing their lunchtime even though my friend couldn't even walk or sit without getting a lot pain) but the place in Ang Mo Kio place at blk 124, can't remember the exact address now. The doc over there (AMK) really good though with accupuncture, etc.

Coolsaint77

Alfrescian
Loyal
First you need to know where to avoid. Next you need to take the necessary safety precautions. The lesson i learnt is never to leave anything in the car that passers-by have visibility. If you keep these in mind then you are pretty ok not just in JB but anywhere in Malaysia. Last but not least you do need some patience in terms of local culture, eg. people can stop their car beside a coffee shop to order food causing jams, park anywhere and everywhere when there are proper parking lots.

There are places which make me feel rather uncomfortable... in particular those old towns deep in the heartland like Tun Aminah area, or Taman Sentosa area... i avoid these places. The coffee shops around where i stay are pretty ok.

There is one coffee shop near Petronas kiosk where you can board a bus to Jurong east - that is a good place to have dinner and breakfast... ever so happening. The "chi chong fan" is made fresh on the spot and i never fail to have that for Sat morning breakfast.

There is a newer coffee shop diagonally opposite the big open area popular for flying kites. The prawn noodles and ngoh hiang are good.

Then there is the coffee shop beside Old Town white coffee along Nusa Bestari. The Thai food is pretty nice.

Bestmart itself also has a nice Thai food stall... and a haven for DVDs... oops

If you want more comfy restaurants, there is a Korean restaurant at the F&B area before carrefour Sutera Mall... its authentic and reasonably priced (look... i dint say cheap cheap cheap). "Soul Thai" near the police station is quite authentic as well, you can have a massage after your dinner... that's life isn't it. The "Eminent" seems extremely popular i wonder why?

I don't quite like the dental clinic, i am only aware of one before Bestmart. I still do my dental treatment in Singapore. For medical i use the Koh clinic along Nusa Bestari if i'm not in Singapore. Dr Koh is a good guy and does have some compassion of a doctor unlike many arrogant doctors we see elsewhere. His clinic opens 16 hours a day. For haircut there are plenty of choices in Sutera Mall, Jusco Bukit Indah... as well as the shops along Nusa Bestari. Car workshops are everywhere. The workshop people are quite ok despite the infamous reputation. If you need to buy some supplies and it is almost 11pm, there is a provision shop near the coffee shop opposite Petronas.

Only fruits are expensive. Today i bought some fruits at Tanjong Pagar market and i thought they are better quality and cheaper... maybe about the same price as JB.

Last edited:

Coolsaint77

Alfrescian
Loyal
Its a bit funny, in a way, 2 years ago i was like that exactly and didn't think it was even safe to step in one bit.

By the way, what do you think of the service at the MacDonalds in the round about? Oh also, there is a very good chinese physician near Eon Bank, also at the round about, only thing is he is a bit too expensive but very very effective for back, sprains, etc. Really very good.

Is it Tabib Bai Yun? Which Mac? Is it the new one opposite Jusco Bukit Indah? I normally do drive through at the Mac opposite Bestmart.

Although i hate to drive through Jalan Nusa Bestari... i still drive through very often... my wife likes to do her wet marketing at Bestmart

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Is it Tabib Bai Yun? Which Mac? Is it the new one opposite Jusco Bukit Indah? I normally do drive through at the Mac opposite Bestmart.

Although i hate to drive through Jalan Nusa Bestari... i still drive through very often... my wife likes to do her wet marketing at Bestmart

The one opposite Jusco, thats correct. Oh i used to do that too until this one opened. Me too, its pretty bad. Actually if you want to get veggies and fruits, best is still KIPmart in my humble opinion. :smile:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Thanks for sharing so much information, much appreciated. :smile:
Agree, Tun Aminah area, or Taman Sentosa area, best to avoid.

edm23

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sorry to hear edm, its all due to the rumour and scare mongering that has been going on for far too long. Even i was a victim of it but its not too late, there are other properties to consider.

For HH, you may be a bit late though, their sales folks attitudes have changed a bit, it used to be much better as they will take us around, etc in their vehicle. You should make a complain though about this, regardless whether you are going to buy or not.

I guess their sales figures must be doing ok, my dad just told me my learned neighbours friends from Aussieland are here today to discuss about properties here.

Even another learned friend, a very polite local here told me just the other day he will get a unit at the Golf. He just messenged me just now about it, seems the folks here are really moving as well.

Hey Bro Wuqi and CoolSaint, thanks much for the advice on the loans and the situation around HH's sales staff :smile: On the topic of FD rates, Bro Wuqi, did your friends tell you why they would rather choose the FD rates? There is a lock in period of 5 years (for refinancing) and I understand that FD rates are set at the discretion of the banks Vs BLR which is a blanket rate set by the bank of Negara. I really need to think hard about this as I will be making the call in a weeks time once all the banks gets back to me on my loan application.

Actually yesterday was also the day i committed to a unit at LF's Bayou Water Village. I know i had gone against all the advice on LF, but it just feels right and since i am buying it to stay in, i thought it is wise to just go with my gut feel. Wanted to explore on a second property for investment and so decided to check out HH and perhaps EL next week. If i had knew the service is suboptimal, i would have invested my time at EL instead.

I agree with Wuqi on the mindset of S'poreans (however i do not wish to start another of this conversation) i have actually been travelling into JB since 2000 and to me, it is really quite an ok place. Been broaching to my other half the topic about getting another property in JB since 2007 but have met with little success (she is a sceptic about JB). Until a couple of months back, i managed to persuade her to visit LF and that was where things changed.. Even my parents after visiting the place have agreed without a doubt that things are not as terrible as what they thought out to be. I am glad that the myth has been debunk... Now, the family is looking forward to relocate to our new place in LF and commute daily to SG to work.

Though i am alittle far away from all the HH bros, I hope to be able to catchup with everyone in time to come for a cuppa teh tarek at Bukit Indah :smile:

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If you want more comfy restaurants, there is a Korean restaurant at the F&B area before carrefour Sutera Mall... its authentic and reasonably priced (look... i dint say cheap cheap cheap). "Soul Thai" near the police station is quite authentic as well, you can have a massage after your dinner... that's life isn't it?

We just went to Soul Thai for massage and thai food, it was our 4th visit. This massage place has very nice reno! :smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.