• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lastresort

Alfrescian
Loyal
Buy resale HDB when good time arrives if you can't enjoy the 1st HDB home.
After that think of buying overseas home.

hey thanks bro, it makes sense. however, my brother didnt go for gov subsidy and is now looking to purchase his 3rd private in SG within a year. I guess it depends on mileage and income level too.

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
Your highness, I still maintain my stand. Im very content and I can see a future planning this way, whereas planning the same in Sg, god knows how many more years before I can fly to pursue my interests/ dreams. I know This will be the best decision I will ever make (till date), given all circumstances

hey bro, SORRY maybe my post is too serious, you have posted your most serious post ever. I remember you saying your job is stressful. chill man!

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
DREAMorACTION,
10k is very little for 500k home. Dont' save 10k and regretting 490k.
Don't be pressued by discount. Forget the discount and think.

I never buy home because attracted to free this and that. To me it is minimal.
My consideration always whether I buy still within value and appreciation potential. And in fact this is the hardest part.

I thought u hv already decided ? No one here gg to pressure u.
We hope e rest of sinkies think e same way as u so tat I hv chance to buy 1 more house wo paying thru my nose

Maybe u should really move on other threads n continue to be happy living in sg.

Thank you for yr detailed reports. sounds like MIW scholars

maxpark

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes. bro. i do agree with many of the points you raised. human beings are never contented. I have many friends who stayed in landed and told me the same thing..."Landed is no big deal"...Similarly, many people in SG yearn to upgrade to a condo when they have a HDB, and as it turns out, having stayed at a condo before, i can categorically say that "staying in condo is also no big deal"..in fact i prefer my present HDB to my previous condo. Its like buying toys for my toddler kids, after playing for a while, they will chuck it one side and ask "whats next?"....

Ironically, people tend to treasure what they dont have and take for granted what they have. I always like the story of asking a Beijing resident whether have they climbed the great wall, and you will be surprised how many of them have not done it cos its in their own back yard and they feel they can go anytime while tourist from faraway places pay thousands just to visit the great wall. So to M'sians, landed can mean nothing cos it is so common and cheap there,..but in land scarce SG, it represents a breath of fresh air from the bird cages we have been born into.

cheers.

Quite right.

Grago

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yah bro agree. That's why I haven't rushed into it yet. Its all sales tactic to rush me but im not letting it to be my major concerns. Just pointing out that since i have identified the area and developement, i might as well take up the discount while its still ongoing, just that im having some obstacles from the closed ones, so still dangling at the moment. Mine is not for rental so I have lesser concerns than u.

Btw, from ur other post, there are indeed a lot of high rise development coming up in medini. Stay tune

Good one Bro DoA, you don't scare so easy.....:smile:

sggecko

Alfrescian
Loyal
hey thanks bro, it makes sense. however, my brother didnt go for gov subsidy and is now looking to purchase his 3rd private in SG within a year. I guess it depends on mileage and income level too.
I missed an opportunity buying private when my HDB was less than 3 years. Otherwise I could have pocketed at least SGD200k-300k profit in shorter time.

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
In doing so, I also have more money to spend on Coe, despite the high price. One step at a time, house first. Car is luxury. I can take busses easily to get into Sg. No big issue for now. It's really feasible and I know it will work

I see a new trend here. maybe 10 years ago, it would have been crazy for people to think of buying their first home in JB, but now single youths are seeing the possibility.

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
In doing so, I also have more money to spend on Coe, despite the high price. One step at a time, house first. Car is luxury. I can take busses easily to get into Sg. No big issue for now. It's really feasible and I know it will work

Erm u haven try u won't know u can endure e daily commuting leh. Not tat easy. We sinkies has been pampered so long in sg with world class transport (pooi) , jb one is not tat convenient leh. Unless u buy setia Eco which is near to the causeway bus area else other developements are not so convenient. Do like wat wuqi done before , stay in hotel nearby n try to see u can tahan e traveling before u commit lor.

yonglip

Alfrescian
Loyal
I've seen the floorplans for 2-bedder, that bad? It's 106 to 112sqm right? Bigger than the new 4-room HDB flats lol. Maybe the layout sucks? I don't know, quite subjective.

At 600k, it's kinda high compared to others in JB, but not really high compared to KL and Penang. If the whole project in west iskandar takes shape, it has more room to appreciate. (whereas for KL and penang, if global economy crisis hits, it has more room to crash. Prop don't crash same % in same country, depends on regions, types of housing)

Rental rates in JB is also very low compared to KL, Penang, so if Nusajaya continues to appreciate, so will rental.

Your 3.8% refers to rental yield, it's a different terminology to be used for property only, i.e. it does not get you the same % of returns when you compare to FD, you should compare to other prop rentals, but cannot compare to FD or other lump sum investments. The leveraging of money is totally different. (e.g. the first 1-2yrs before breakeven, no matter how high your rental, you're still losing money, after breakeven, your earnings scales up year by year, until property depreciate of coz)

Thanks bro..i use the FD rate as the risk-free I/R...what can i get had i not used the monies for investment. So if rental yield is not too far from risk free rate, then it makes more sense to just to put it in Msia FD. Having rented out properties in SG before, I know it is not exactly a headache free undertaking..haha.

I sometimes suspect the way M'sians architects state the size of the lot..maybe its the ruler they use..i dont know..on paper, it can state 2500 sqft, but on site it looks more like 2000 sqft. for impiana, yes their 3 bedder doesnt look like it has 106 sqm...it doesnt help also when their show units did not display the unit type.

my options are still open on impiana...mmm.

euphony

Alfrescian
Loyal
same here although i won't rule out having one purely for investment in time to come. right now, London is looking more & more attractive vs sg.

Nope, no own home in Sg. Don't intent to have one either. Lifestyle is much better with more flexibility for having it in JB. I have no issue whatsoever for not having a home in Sg

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Bro Investor, you could be right, BUT the supporting infrastructure would be additional cost as would have to upgrade access roads to there.

In fact they've already opened new roads leading into Pulau Punggol Barat.
One is an exit named 'Seletar West Link' along SLE, take this exit and you'll go all the way into Pulau Punggol Barat(this is not Punggol residential estate).
The other entrance is via Punggol Way(Punggol residential estate) which will also lead you into Pulau Punggol Barat.
A certain part of the road inside Pulau Punggol Barat(Seletar North Link) has 3 lanes on each directions.
See Goggle map

yonglip

Alfrescian
Loyal
In fact they've already opened new roads leading into Pulau Punggol Barat.
One is an exit named 'Seletar West Link' along SLE, take this exit and you'll go all the way into Pulau Punggol Barat(this is not Punggol residential estate).
The other entrance is via Punggol Way(Punggol residential estate) which will also lead you into Pulau Punggol Barat.
A certain part of the road inside Pulau Punggol Barat(Seletar North Link) has 3 lanes on each directions.
See Goggle map

bro..i think you giving away too much hint la..later spoil the surprise man..haha.

cheers.

Whathefish

Alfrescian
Loyal
SG property is at dangerous levels now, any global crisis will start the spark of downward momentum, and we've yet to see the effects of recent cooling measure.

euphony

Alfrescian
Loyal
yea do agree we've all started out like that but that attitudes does leave much to be desired. the tone of condescension and elitsim. hope that's the case for him.

many of us were once like him. Sometimes it's not about the place, it's about the people. JB hasn't changed much, but the community has perhaps changed the most in the last decade. His second post was a little more polite, maybe he has started reading from page 1.

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes I tried before. I can put up with it. Alternative is to buy a Malaysia car and drive to bus interchange Lo. Very easy. My JB friends working in Sg also do the same, of course gotta illegal park la, else thats another cost just for parking.

And with completion of tuas mrt, will be much more convenient too. SBS is in the pipeline of operating via second link. It can only get better.
I have full confident. Based on all assessment, I have little to lose even if it doesn't work out to plan, but very big gain and lead the lifestyle I endure. I can see that my buddies in Singapore will envy me for having a house and a car much earlier than them lol ... Anyway not a race , it's a choice :-)

Erm u haven try u won't know u can endure e daily commuting leh. Not tat easy. We sinkies has been pampered so long in sg with world class transport (pooi) , jb one is not tat convenient leh. Unless u buy setia Eco which is near to the causeway bus area else other developements are not so convenient. Do like wat wuqi done before , stay in hotel nearby n try to see u can tahan e traveling before u commit lor.

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
U bought or intend to buy a sg car too?

Status
Not open for further replies.