• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 4

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Funny system in Msia. Its best buy to stay. Not to flip. So much hassle!
So much risks from government taking years to refund RPGT withholding tax too. My lawyer just told me one of her clients haven’t got refund after more than one year. Don’t know true or not indeed suddenly told me she got this case.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
So much risks from government taking years to refund RPGT withholding tax too. My lawyer just told me one of her clients haven’t got refund after more than one year. Don’t know true or not indeed suddenly told me she got this case.
Oh ya she refused to answer my Whatsapp messages and phone calls for one month until I called her office line from Singapore and still put me on hold for five minutes then finally talked to me. What a rude, unprofessional and sub-standard Malaysian lawyer. Yucks!

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Oh ya she refused to answer my Whatsapp messages and phone calls for one month until I called her office line from Singapore and still put me on hold for five minutes then finally talked to me. What a rude, unprofessional and sub-standard Malaysian lawyer. Yucks!
I told her that in the phone call! She gave me mama excuse said she busy that’s why no answer for one month. Blasted her and asked her to write a reminder letter to chase tax office. Guess what? She said she had been doing that for the other client writing a chaser letter to tax office every month. Why didn’t she do automatically for me then when the previous letter for my case was sent out more than two months ago? I asked her and she couldn’t answer. Lots of discrimination in mudland indeed.

myrsing

Alfrescian
Loyal

Thats what the lawyer told me too. They have RPGT cases pending for over a year. Lawyer and govt. Both useless!

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thats what the lawyer told me too. They have RPGT cases pending for over a year. Lawyer and govt. Both useless!
Both useless indeed, she asked me go complain to the government. Now she said it’s normal for RPGT withholding tax refund to take more than a year when that’s not what she said last time and not the case for my previous house sold in 2020. The RPGT withholding tax refund took months then and at that time she said the delay was due to pandemic movement control with office close.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Both useless indeed, she asked me go complain to the government. Now she said it’s normal for RPGT withholding tax refund to take more than a year when that’s not what she said last time and not the case for my previous house sold in 2020. The RPGT withholding tax refund took months then and at that time she said the delay was due to pandemic movement control with office close.
Only foreigners get charged RPGT for more than five years properties and kena RPGT withholding tax. So only foreigners are at the mercy of the mudland government and told by lawyer to go complain to the government. Who still dare to buy mudland properties like that?

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Only foreigners get charged RPGT for more than five years properties and kena RPGT withholding tax. So only foreigners are at the mercy of the mudland government and told by lawyer to go complain to the government. Who still dare to buy mudland properties like that?
Not only the mudland government didn’t return me my money but I just received their property tax bill for 2023 assessment. Hey my property was sold in 2022!

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not only the mudland government didn’t return me my money but I just received their property tax bill for 2023 assessment. Hey my property was sold in 2022!
My mudland lawyer said there are many such cases, implying this is nothing. However again this was not the case for my previous house sold in 2020. Looks like the government changed for the worse and not better.

cow138

Alfrescian
Loyal
The Malaysian government is running out of funds. Anwar already highlight that the government owes 1.5 trillion dollars in debt. I find it funny that the government keeps on highlighting that there is a property glut in Johor bahru. But given all this difficulties and staying in Johor for the long term as well as getting the money back after selling really doesn't help their situation. They want you to buy and want your money but they don't want you to stay and don't want to return your money after you sell.

myrsing

Alfrescian
Loyal
The Malaysian government is running out of funds. Anwar already highlight that the government owes 1.5 trillion dollars in debt. I find it funny that the government keeps on highlighting that there is a property glut in Johor bahru. But given all this difficulties and staying in Johor for the long term as well as getting the money back after selling really doesn't help their situation. They want you to buy and want your money but they don't want you to stay and don't want to return your money after you sell.

True. Up till now my 7% RGPT is still held by the Inland Revenue. I would not recommend anyone to buy Msia properties. Especially to flip. Even so for retirement, i rather rent a unit there.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
The management office Malaysian Chinese clerk in my rental apartment strike again. Gave me one and only one date for their Aircon servicing that I will not be in Singapore and then want to charge me 60% more for special trip. This is a new charge that they just implemented not in contract. That’s how dealing with some people are. Never pleasant.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
True. Up till now my 7% RGPT is still held by the Inland Revenue. I would not recommend anyone to buy Msia properties. Especially to flip. Even so for retirement, i rather rent a unit there.
Totally agree never buy. Lots of shit dealing with unpleasant unscrupulous people from neighbors to contractors.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Totally agree never buy. Lots of shit dealing with unpleasant unscrupulous people from neighbors to contractors.
And neighbors from hell that have no qualms to damage your property to steal and rob from you, buy over your property cheap.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Oh ya I got back my money back this month. Have you got your RPGT tax assessment letter? You should get your 7% back soon.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
The management office Malaysian Chinese clerk in my rental apartment strike again. Gave me one and only one date for their Aircon servicing that I will not be in Singapore and then want to charge me 60% more for special trip. This is a new charge that they just implemented not in contract. That’s how dealing with some people are. Never pleasant.
And when I told her she is cheating by not giving alternative date, she gave an earlier date that she knows that I will also be in JB. Very dishonest very unfair very unprofessional people to deal with. Totally disgusting!

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
My mudland lawyer said there are many such cases, implying this is nothing. However again this was not the case for my previous house sold in 2020. Looks like the government changed for the worse and not better.
Talking about unprofessional reminds me my lawyer no update for a month on this and I asked her yesterday and again no reply at all. That’s how much shit to deal with buying AND selling Malaysia property!