• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 4

mummymoo2

Alfrescian
Loyal
Has anyone seen this? I was just planning on applying MM2H later this year. Looks like it's all dashed hopes now. Very frustrating.

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2020-06-29 at 10.06.44 PM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2020-06-29 at 10.06.44 PM.jpeg
    57.1 KB · Views: 252

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Oh in JB, be careful when Malaysian Indians stopped by “to help” strangers. They expect and will demand money like what happened to my friend who stopped his car along the expressway to check car boot and they immediately appeared out of no where. Asked for Rm20.

bluesky321

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Guys,

I recently hear that Johor is opening back MAC for Singaporean to apply. Any of you guys heard about this matter? Can all Singaporeans apply, or still only restricted to those who possess LTSV holders only? If MAC application can be re-opened to all Singaporeans again, that would be great news. Cheers.

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Didn't you said before that you were given that nasty look by the Malaysian Customs officer at the 2nd Link CIQ? From my experience, those Malaysian Malays from the middle class and higher, don't really like Sinkie Malays. You are living in JB for quite sometime already and didn't you realize this yourself?

Not all Msian Malays behave tat way. My Msian relative kampong doesnt behave such. They welcome our visits wit open arms. I can also understand why they those customs officers behaved such cos never ending Q. Stress i suppose.

Last edited:

HH_lover

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi guys, just to check with those of you who are staying/living in JB. Let's say you rent out your Singapore property and stay in JB, what do you put as your address on NRIC? Do you need to put the JB address? very curious and appreciate any helpful response. thanks!

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why are you discussing Singapore stuff when staying in JB ? You guys should be discussing about lobang and business venture and oppo here?

MsPiggyy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi guys, just to check with those of you who are staying/living in JB. Let's say you rent out your Singapore property and stay in JB, what do you put as your address on NRIC? Do you need to put the JB address? very curious and appreciate any helpful response. thanks!

ICA will go after you and get you to update your address once you inform hdb that your flat is being rented out. I updated my address as the JB address but the govt sent all their letters to my mother's residential address!

wuqi128

Alfrescian
Loyal
And if locals wont buy who are you going to sell it to? Never ever assume that any property is going to last you forever. If you buy a deadend that cannot be sold in emergency then theres no point owning it.

There are still some foreigner buyers who thinks that a condo at 600k RM is a steal. Even when they buy in Forest city. Their idea is fortunes change with time, once it was Hong Kong folks who had 2nd homes (and wives) in Shenzhen, today the fortunes are reversed. Same goes for the strength of their currency. We never know what tomorrow brings but it's up to the individual needs at the end of the day.

wuqi128

Alfrescian
Loyal
what about condo of 500K fully paid off ?

Not enough as need at least 1m, now they are temporarily stopping all MM2H until the end of the year. Only East Malaysia version is still active. Also they may revise the terms of it to be higher.

marc117

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Everyone, new to this forum. me and my wife are in our mid 20s and combined income around $6k SGD. We are expecting our first child next year. Our HDB MOP is in 3 years.

Am thinking about moving to JB after child is born (and Covid scare is over) while working 4-5 days a week in SG. Wife probably 3-4 days. rent a place first for 1st year try out. Main reason is that I personally find SG suffocating and not a good place to raise a family. Would like your opinions on my plan, if it's a good idea and hope you don't mind answering some questions;

Is long term stay at JB without MM2H still viable?

Which area in JB has more SG young families? I am familiar with areas like KSL, Mount austin, permas Jaya because I like to visit with wife during weekends to relax but not so sure about the more 'residential areas'. Which place is nice to settle down?

Where are the good childcare centers in JB?

Is renting out 2 rooms out of 3 of my 4 room flat a good idea? (Even after my HDB MOP period over) Can always come back to 'base' with my family if any issue in JB

Is parking a MY car at parking near City square and then taking bus/train back to SG viable for work

Thanks in advance for all your wisdom:-)

rushifa666

Alfrescian
Loyal
Long term is a very bad idea without mm2h. Especially if you have kids. Dont worry about our great pap finding out if you buy a 2nd home. Johor has no obligation to tell them. The main problem are backstabbers who complain you to them. If yiu are that afraid, get a relative and buy a house with their name.

As for schooling, you can search mummy moo. Her kids are learning ballet here. They are not living like beggars. Your main problem ow is wuhan virus and school buses. I am assuming they want to study in singapore. Wait until travel is ok again.

rushifa666

Alfrescian
Loyal
btw dont listen to sinkies and where they stay in johor. The retards always find some shithole with not even a coffeeshop and are stupid expensive. You can ask the locals. Garbage like the seed horizon etc no local want to stay. I myself have found mutiara to be good. Downtown like ksl, you live in shit condo again, traffic is terrible and roads are old beyond belief. For that price you can get a 2 storey 5 room house in indah easy

rushifa666

Alfrescian
Loyal
you have to tell me what your home is like. I have found the best way is to rentout an entire apartment then two famikies stay in one when you need to come back. Dont bother with keeping one or 2 rooms, just a huge loss of income

rushifa666

Alfrescian
Loyal
For perspective. Easiky 8 people can stay in a two storey house on 1700rm a month rental. Water is like 7 rm, electric 300 or so? Houses now lelong, your concern should be mm2h during virus. Taxi is 4rm and i am not talking about grab which has become the most expensive. Cooking at home is bloody cheap. But your pay eatingcoutside is easy.

For the elderly retirment is the best here. Two people sharing a cab is about the price of 2 sbs tickets. Unless you want to go very far. The drivers here are patient they will wait for you. There is no lift no stairs to climb. Private housing they can drive right up to your doorstep. Retirement is really wonderful