• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 3 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

transient

Alfrescian
Loyal

You are welcome. You may want to join 沙捞越吹水站 on FB to seek out a sponsor with a reasonable fee. The sponsor must be willing to attend a physical interview by the authority. Apparently there are approved agents like extreme events but I read that you might need to pay RM10K to get it to be your sponsor.

sinkiebukitindah

Alfrescian
Loyal
You are welcome. You may want to join 沙捞越吹水站 on FB to seek out a sponsor with a reasonable fee. The sponsor must be willing to attend a physical interview by the authority. Apparently there are approved agents like extreme events but I read that you might need to pay RM10K to get it to be your sponsor.
Thanks! I've just joined the group. Really appreciate your help.

transient

Alfrescian
Loyal
My pleasure. Do update us on your application, if possible, as it will likely benefit folks here. I've just gotten my MM2H@Peninsular Malaysia (DIYed) and may apply for MM2H@Sarawak after it expires in 10 years' time if my income drops. With regards to your worry about being detained by the immigration, I'd suggest that you share with officers that you are in the midst of preparing docs for application of MM2H@Sarawak, travelling to Sarawak to meet agents, talking to your sponsor, renovating/leasing out your house in Bukit Indah to generate an income to support your application, etc. I was once asked by an immigration officer about staying at JB mostly, and I showed him my email correspondence with Putrajaya immigration which had informed of my MM2H approval. The officer checked with his sup and let me pass, adding that I could show immigration officers such proof if being asked.

sinkiebukitindah

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks! I've just joined the group. Really appreciate Appreciate your help.

sinkiebukitindah

Alfrescian
Loyal
Congratulations! After going through a lot of information on the expat thread you provided it looks like it will be beneficial to talk to the immigration people face to face in kuching if I am able to find a sponsor. On paper it looks like I qualify other than the sponsor bit. Good tip about how to manage the questions by johore immigration. I'm feeling really stressed each time I have to enter johore in fact making plans in the meantime to move important documents and stuff back to Singapore in case I am denied entry. It's a temporary measure I hope but need to be prepared.

transient

Alfrescian
Loyal
I feel your stress! Especially since I've already retired in JB and only return once to Sillipore every four weeks. Just sincerely explain to immigration officers your best efforts to apply for MM2H, and they appear to be alright since this is what they truly want. And I dont see how it would benefit them if they block your entry when you are trying to apply for MM2H! Do not go into a defensive mode and challenge their authority/asking details about social visit pass as they have discretion to block entry. Good to visit Kuching for a start! May be wise to obtain some paper proof too to show your effort. Take care and all the best.

sinkiebukitindah

Alfrescian
Loyal
I would never challenge them as it is their country and their laws. Please do let me know if you can suggest anyone who is willing to sponsor me for the sarawak mm2h visa. This is the biggest hurdle. I would be willing to pay a fee for their time. From what I can gather so far from the expat thread agents are strictly not allowed. Thanks again for being so helpful.

transient

Alfrescian
Loyal
Truly sorry, I dont know anyone who is from Sarawak. I found my own sponsor, a Johorian, whom I know years ago from JB 吹水站 where I've tried to contribute to the local community/do charity. I did not join the FB group to find a sponsor but eventually it yields me such a friend who could help me. So I'd suggest that you pose in 砂拉越吹水站 to explicitly seek out a sponsor and compensate him/her for the effort. Malaysians are generally warm and helpful, and some more I dont see any reason why no one would not help especially if they dont have anything to lose (security bond is paid by you) and stand to gain. In the mean time, you may want to get in touch with agents like extreme events (they've stated in their website that they can sponsor) before ruling out the possibility of being sponsored by agents.

Last edited:

kcwx35

Alfrescian
Loyal
My pleasure. Do update us on your application, if possible, as it will likely benefit folks here. I've just gotten my MM2H@Peninsular Malaysia (DIYed) and may apply for MM2H@Sarawak after it expires in 10 years' time if my income drops. With regards to your worry about being detained by the immigration, I'd suggest that you share with officers that you are in the midst of preparing docs for application of MM2H@Sarawak, travelling to Sarawak to meet agents, talking to your sponsor, renovating/leasing out your house in Bukit Indah to generate an income to support your application, etc. I was once asked by an immigration officer about staying at JB mostly, and I showed him my email correspondence with Putrajaya immigration which had informed of my MM2H approval. The officer checked with his sup and let me pass, adding that I could show immigration officers such proof if being asked.

Hi transient,

Will it be troublesome/difficult to DIY MM2H? It can save between rm7k - 10k by DIY.

Last edited:

kcwx35

Alfrescian
Loyal
Three trips. First to submit documents. Second to collect approval. Last to get visa stamped on passport.

Maybe next time, I will need to seek your advice to DIY MM2H. Looking to apply for it when I hit 50 years old. At least fixed deposit reduces from rm300k to rm150k, correct?

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Three trips. First to submit documents. Second to collect approval. Last to get visa stamped on passport.

Tks bro. 3 trips should be manageable. But theres this part where they need "ORIGINAL Letter of Good Conduct from your relevant government agency". Whats that and where can i obtain it?

transient

Alfrescian
Loyal
Tks bro. 3 trips should be manageable. But theres this part where they need "ORIGINAL Letter of Good Conduct from your relevant government agency". Whats that and where can i obtain it?

You are welcome whoami. Pls go to MM2H website to fill out and submit the direct application form online.
http://mm2honline.motac.gov.my/
Thereafter, MM2H will snail mail you a letter of request attention to Singapore Police for a certificate of police clearance.
You then go to police website to apply.
https://eservices.police.gov.sg/content/policehubhome/homepage/certificate-of-clearance-hub.html

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You are welcome whoami. Pls go to MM2H website to fill out and submit the direct application form online.
http://mm2honline.motac.gov.my/
Thereafter, MM2H will snail mail you a letter of request attention to Singapore Police for a certificate of police clearance.
You then go to police website to apply.
https://eservices.police.gov.sg/content/policehubhome/homepage/certificate-of-clearance-hub.html

Oh yes. Police clearance. Must slowly go thru those forms. Else kana rejected n delay processing. Tks again bro.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Can you offer some sound advice / alternative for my latest posting? The immigration officers are making things rather difficult for Singaporeans nowadays staying long term in Johor. Are there any "safer" alternatives when going back to Johor for safer smoother passage? thanks.

"Can i have some sound advice please. Ever Since they close off the MAC Access for regular Singaporeans, Staying in Johor for long term has been a pain and a source of frustration and Stress. I usually stay in Johor each time for 3 weeks before exiting to Singapore and to return back to Johor again 1-2 days later. Each time i enter back to Johor, the Immigration Officer ask me a hosts of difficult questions, albeit like really trying to make things very difficult for Singaporeans. there was even one officer who told me straight in the face that i am not supposed to stay in Johor for more than 2 weeks (yeah then why 30 days Visa).

it's very stressful having to face the officer each time and being interrogated like a criminal. I have a house in Johor, and that's the reason why stay in Johor for long periods at a time. Is anybody facing the same situation? Is there anyway to avoid such a situation? Can a Singaporean apply for any form of Long Term Social Visit Pass? Thanks a lot for any practical safe advice"

Hi all, have been receiving some request for the common problems we are all facing.

1. My 2 cents. Try to leave Malaysia after two weeks, make a quick trip back to pay bills/run errands. Don't stretch it to 3 weeks and go back. Try to come in to JB via the 2nd link and in a motor car if possible.
2. If you must stay longer, try to apply for the talentcorp residence pass https://www.talentcorp.com.my/rpt
3. Get a work permit, either have a company that is more than 1m (RM) capitalized or be working for someone who can apply this for you.
4. Get MM2H. I have asked around for East Malaysia MM2H as well, it is for those above 50 only. For those under 50, must have a child studying or under medical treatment. That said, East Malaysia MM2H looks easier to obtain and allows one to reside anywhere including West Malaysia whereas it is not the same the other way.
5. Else for East Malaysia (Sabah/Sarawak) must be 50 and above and need a local sponsor. For the West Malaysia one, must go to KL, can DIY and make a
few trips up yourself, save yourself 8-12k in agent fees. DIY is very doable but you need 500k if you are below
http://www.mm2h.gov.my/index.php/en/
http://www.mm2h.gov.my/index.php/en/apply-now/where-to-apply/apply-direct-with-us
Pre-submission: http://mm2honline.motac.gov.my/

Applicants under 50 are required to show liquid assets above RM500,000 and a monthly income of over RM10,000 (equivalent).
Applicants over 50 have to show liquid assets over RM350,000,and a monthly income over RM10,000.
Acceptable liquid assets for people over 50 include cash in the bank, bonds and securities.

Will add more. Apologies i have been away working hard on my job, keeping my rice bowl while helping out friends and families when i can.

Last edited:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Then in June, the things happening in Malaysia didn't help much when my wife and myself were separated at the Tanjung Kupang checkpoint, they refused to let her in as she had stayed more than 3 weeks. We endured one of the worst nightmare one night when they stopped her and asked her to go back via a bus to Harbour Front. I was allowed to go in as my school going children were all inside and they had to be woken up to go to school early in the morning. She was questioned, given a hard time and had to stay with my parents while i had to go in by myself. (We took the CW3 bus in). As the last bus has finally left by the time our ordeal was over, i had a hard choice to walk towards the nearest gas station or hitch a ride with one of the few tour buses. I asked a kind Indian driver who allowed me onboard. He helped me even when one of the passengers was shocked to see me when boarding and i had to change my seat. Not wanting to disturb anyone, i was prepared to stand but was offered a seat by the kind Indian driver. Tired, hungry and worried about my wife, I got dropped off at the Petronas station nearby.

There i was to learn that no Grab drivers will come to the gas station, especially at that hour. I was despondent. Everyone always think of their trouble as the greatest, but at that point, i was still thinking of helping a friend with his requests. I quickly put it to rest as i needed to be strong for all those who depended on me. I asked around and only a kind Indian gentle man, Fairuz i believe helped me. He offered to give me a ride to Gelang Patah where i could catch a cab or Grab car. *(Please remember no Grab cars will go to the petrol stations after the Tuas/Tanjung Kupang checkpoint at 2nd link due to the toll charges)

After waiting for 30 minutes, he took me and surprisingly left me at Nusa Bestari where one of my cars were parked. He did not charge me a single cent. I need to really thank him one day. He is the nephew of the owner of the Petronas if i remember. I got home at last, immediately charged my dead phone, called my wife to ask how she were (she made it to my mums place) and woke my kids up for school. She ended up being refused entry into Malaysia for 5 days.

I fell asleep at 6.30am and woke up by my NZ customers at 7am, just in time for work.

Everyone complains about how tough their life is all the time, rather than just complain, do something with it. You have an errant tenant? Deal with it. If a friend has already helped you with switching off the utilities, lawyer and committee contacts, what more can he or she do? You have a funny neighbour who tried to fleece you because your pipes leaked into theirs? How do i get involved when the people are the ones who had cheated my partner and me. Despite asking not to be added, i was added into a group with people i strongly disliked dealings with. Dealt with it i did and hopefully did the right thing by him.

I had to deal with corrupt people, people who absconded with my friends money, people who tried to con my friends, people who tried to blackmail them. I dealt with it all including people whose tyres were punctured in the rain. Even if i don't have to but i did because they trusted me.

If i can do it while facing incredible financial hardship, anyone can. I fixed pipes, electrical lights, electrical points, solved peoples drainage kitchen issues and from helping, i learned and from learning i became stronger.

Singaporeans are not born weak, we can be made stronger if we are willing to go through and bear the hardships.

Last edited:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Dear all, nowadays there seem to be regular police stops especially around Nusa Bestari, Perling and even outside Horizon Hills. While it is good for security, there are still some points to look out for.

If you are foreigner and driving, please bring your passport along with you with your driving license. If you are driving a Singapore car, do remember to bring your insurance cover note as well. Else you will be given a "compound" fine. A friend of mine just got "fined" 150 RM on his way back from Sutera area. He is already lucky
as it could have been worse and he went through two traffic stops in 1 day. Those who have to go to Mount Austin area, please be extremely careful of the two roundabouts there as there has been many accidents.

Status
Not open for further replies.