• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 3 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Another thing to add, for people doing health screenings, please avoid this clinic in Perling. KLINIK LEE, Dr Lee Kok Kian. Address is: No. 201 Jalan Simbang, Taman Perling, 81200. The clinic assistant/counter staff has been informed not to let you know of the costs of a health screening. They will ask you for your NRIC and fill in a form and then go in. Once you ask one single question, you are given the answer written unclearly on a form and then charged 50 RM for medical consultation. When you go in and asked why the cost, he tells you this is Malaysia and you had consulted him, thus he charge you. He claims all clinics in Malaysia does the same but when you go to others, none of them charge 50 RM to tell you the price. Its not the cost and i would have been ok if this was stated before the "consultation". I went in to help friends ask as they had multiple workers who needed health screening, while gaining nothing from it, i learned a lesson from this Dr.

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I notice the chances of being quiz by imm offrs are normally those who took public buses. Several frds entered by car told me so far havent interrogate by msia side. Hmm...

Last edited:

sinkiebukitindah

Alfrescian
Loyal
I notice the chances of being quiz by imm offrs are normally those who took public buses. Several frds entered by car told me so far havent interrogate by msia side. Hmm...
I've also checked around and it looks like you are less likely to get hassled by immigration if you enter via car and if you cross borders frequently like 4 to 5 times a week. Those times I got interrogated happened when I entered with the cw bus at the same day twice a month so I was questioned about my routine as well. So suggest enter via car pool and cross borders frequently. Anyway I'm freaked out by the questioning and have decided not to renew when my lease expires next year. Instead I will airbnb in johore every two weeks or so and spend the rest of the month travelling as a digital nomad living off the rental income from my hdb in Singapore. Cost is about the same as renting full time in johore so this lifestyle works for me. Blessing in disguise.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Sorry about my ramblings so to put it in a concise manner:
1. Don't stay more than 2 weeks at a time. Cross often and try to go in during the day and come back after the night, best is after 23:59 hours or to be absolutely safe, 1-2am in the morning. (i had experience where at 12.30am, they were still using the previous day stamp)
2. Yes take car pool or those 80 SGD cars (can fill it up with like minded people)
3. Go through certain checkpoints in a motor car only.
4. When coming out you can take a train at CIQ (JB Sentral) out to Woodlands, CW3 bus to Jurong East, CW4 to Boon Lay, Larkin cab to Rochor or take a SG cab there to anywhere, AC7 from the CIQ (JB Sentral) to Sembawang. When coming out of Malaysia, it doesn't matter that much. What matters more is you should take a car when going back in. I try to book cabs on my own in as i don't want to inconvenience the carpool chaps in case someone tries to make it more difficult.
5. Else apply for the Talentcorp or have MM2H done.
6. If you get temporarily banned, PM me for the solution.

Both my wife and myself have been through all the funny and not so funny aspects here. We respect the laws, we pay our taxes here but unfortunately it is very hard to integrate. Its very easy to feel at home and not take your passport with you but again such is life. We lived here for 11 years before things kind of went south so i already count my blessings. That said, i am still here for the long haul, one of my companies fortunately is near the 1m requirement so i may start from there and then get work permit or the residence pass.

Despite all that have happened, we still love the country and its people, warts and all. We contribute to the masjids being built, we moved stones that block the roads, we really do what we can. My wife surprised me the most when she gave all she had in her wallet to an auntie selling keropok outside CIMB.
Everyone is suffering on this rock we call Earth, we should help one another.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
If you are considering to live here long term, best to buy a car here. You can still get a pretty decent Myvi (5 seater hatchback) from '06-07 for about 10k RM

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Also, there seems to be a long seated dislike for SG plate drivers. Please everyone, 99% of MY plate cars going into SG are Malaysians but who can be certain about the SG plates in SG or Malaysia? Malaysians, other nationalities drive SG plates everywhere, not every SG plate driver is Singaporean or bad. One time at the causeway, while trying to switch lanes and cut queue, an SG car bumped into mine. The driver driving the vehicle was a foreigner and the car was a rental car.

He argued a totally different version of events and he won in the end. I was no longer caring as i had too much troubles as well as those of others to contend with. That was my last car in Singapore. Other than borrowing my dads car, i have not driven in SG since. Seriously way stressful to drive there then over here come to think of it.

sgtsk

Alfrescian
Loyal
Many people including my friends were not aware of the difficulties i faced from last year onwards. From people who cheated me out of time and money, coincidentally introduced by a single person who complained to me about these very same people whom he introduced to me. To terms and conditions by nasty people being forced down my throat or being asked to look for forklifts or to clear drains/cut grass/pay bills/bank/check leaks/maintain things. I was just happy to help, would be anyways but then was facing a tremendous amount of stress at work. Even had to help out with presentation, etc and being asked many questions when people thought i was double timing the company i was working for. (Someone had used my name for certain positions within their company.)

Brought in a few million for the company via deals but was almost let go due merger and also their lingering concerns. Brought in more millions this year as a thank you to the company for letting me stay on.

Meanwhile when confiding in close friends my troubles, i was asked to help out more, adding on to the burden i had to bear. It was just beyond stressful working close to 20 hour days while having to deal with errant tenants or neighbours playing punk with my bro who had a sewerage leak. Being added on to more than 30 groups to assist with any and everything was really taxing. It took a while, my wife even threatened to leave me before i realized i had to give time to my family instead of always helping others. I stopped all the groups and deleted them one by one. Some neighbours were starting to use my friends place to store things and did not lock up after opening his gates to cut the overlapping grass and ferns. I had to intervene. Even the last time i went to his condo to help with an errant tenant, i was given a very hard time by the security head there, i did not complain to him but i had to stop helping to get some sanity in my life and to save my marriage.

Meanwhile well meaning friends offered jobs that were 50% off my current salary and these were well meaning recommendations but i didn't take them as my previous colleagues have already recommended jobs that were 80%. I wasn't choosy but i still had options as i knew my company still needed me. I was just considering my options back then. Imagine my sadness when the friend with the 50% offer said to another that they should only give me something like that "to keep me hungry". Anyway maybe its my lot to be treated as a beggar. I almost had a huge crisis back in April, from October onwards it was all bad and finally things got better in May.

Then in June, the things happening in Malaysia didn't help much when my wife and myself were separated at the Tanjung Kupang checkpoint, they refused to let her in as she had stayed more than 3 weeks. We endured one of the worst nightmare one night when they stopped her and asked her to go back via a bus to Harbour Front. I was allowed to go in as my school going children were all inside and they had to be woken up to go to school early in the morning. She was questioned, given a hard time and had to stay with my parents while i had to go in by myself. (We took the CW3 bus in). As the last bus has finally left by the time our ordeal was over, i had a hard choice to walk towards the nearest gas station or hitch a ride with one of the few tour buses. I asked a kind Indian driver who allowed me onboard. He helped me even when one of the passengers was shocked to see me when boarding and i had to change my seat. Not wanting to disturb anyone, i was prepared to stand but was offered a seat by the kind Indian driver. Tired, hungry and worried about my wife, I got dropped off at the Petronas station nearby.

There i was to learn that no Grab drivers will come to the gas station, especially at that hour. I was despondent. Everyone always think of their trouble as the greatest, but at that point, i was still thinking of helping a friend with his requests. I quickly put it to rest as i needed to be strong for all those who depended on me. I asked around and only a kind Indian gentle man, Fairuz i believe helped me. He offered to give me a ride to Gelang Patah where i could catch a cab or Grab car. *(Please remember no Grab cars will go to the petrol stations after the Tuas/Tanjung Kupang checkpoint at 2nd link due to the toll charges)

After waiting for 30 minutes, he took me and surprisingly left me at Nusa Bestari where one of my cars were parked. He did not charge me a single cent. I need to really thank him one day. He is the nephew of the owner of the Petronas if i remember. I got home at last, immediately charged my dead phone, called my wife to ask how she were (she made it to my mums place) and woke my kids up for school. She ended up being refused entry into Malaysia for 5 days.

I fell asleep at 6.30am and woke up by my NZ customers at 7am, just in time for work.

Everyone complains about how tough their life is all the time, rather than just complain, do something with it. You have an errant tenant? Deal with it. If a friend has already helped you with switching off the utilities, lawyer and committee contacts, what more can he or she do? You have a funny neighbour who tried to fleece you because your pipes leaked into theirs? How do i get involved when the people are the ones who had cheated my partner and me. Despite asking not to be added, i was added into a group with people i strongly disliked dealings with. Dealt with it i did and hopefully did the right thing by him.

I had to deal with corrupt people, people who absconded with my friends money, people who tried to con my friends, people who tried to blackmail them. I dealt with it all including people whose tyres were punctured in the rain. Even if i don't have to but i did because they trusted me.

If i can do it while facing incredible financial hardship, anyone can. I fixed pipes, electrical lights, electrical points, solved peoples drainage kitchen issues and from helping, i learned and from learning i became stronger.

Singaporeans are not born weak, we can be made stronger if we are willing to go through and bear the hardships.

Sharing what a close friend went through back then:

I was one of those rejected by CCS back when i was retrenched, i was told by the lady there that i am much more financial savvy that she was, she couldn't advise me other than asked me to talk to the banks myself. Surprisingly, most banks were very helpful. Even the ones who tried to auction off one of the houses i shared in Malaysia, tip to oneself - Never share houses with siblings especially when they all lost their jobs around the same time you did. Perfect storm, depreciation in Malaysia housing prices/ringgit, depreciation in HDB prices/change by MAS on lending, unable to get RAS as only applied after landing a job which pays what the limit could not allow/boat issues/cars issues/wife issues/friends issues/friends ran away with debts/had to borrow to cover my own. Relatives who i had helped buy houses in Malaysia all laughed at me and jeered at my dad when he had to go back to driving taxis and tried to borrow. Thankfully the 18k rolex date just tided him over to get the cab and pay the bills, until he found out he could do it with little money had he went for Grab instead. How many people always complained their dad was poor and didn't help them much?

The day i ORDed, i was faced with over 80k of debts from him, i paid all of it off even when he accumulated more in the years, even on my honeymoon, i came back to more gambling debts. I took a sword and cut myself in front of him. He finally learned better when he saw i was bleeding all over the sofa. I was sad not for myself but the debts he keep falling into and his spending/gambling habits. Filial piety should start before the grave and never after but sometimes you need to let people see the pain you are going through. This is not a pain competition by any means. I learned that the more ignorant one is, the more prideful they tend to be. I accepted a new religion, grew calmer and became more at peace with myself. I slowly realized the self sacrifice i have made over the years did result in a lot of good for myself and others. Its all to repay debts, both present and in the past.

Slowly and surely, now most of my debts are manageable and within 1 year of completion for most of them. If you are in a rut, recognise you had a hand in digging yourself in it, once you accept the blame, you take the responsibility and you gain the power to resolve it. Running away or taking the easy way out is for cowards. Believe me, i have looked at painless suicide online more than once. I finally looked at the skies above me one day and realised i am just going to be passing the troubles i had to others. The problem is most people just blame others without looking deep within themselves. I blame myself too much, i realised the person i should forgive most is myself. Just get through a.n.o.t.h.e.r day. It too shall pass.

I closed the chapter on the easy option. Everything happens for a reason and if its my burden to bear then bear i will, to the end.
They can force me all they can but they can never wipe my smile away. I lived to fight another day.

Sorry to know all the challenges you have gone through and glad to know that things have become better. Hope things continue to improve and you have control over the number of fronts opened.

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I've also checked around and it looks like you are less likely to get hassled by immigration if you enter via car and if you cross borders frequently like 4 to 5 times a week. Those times I got interrogated happened when I entered with the cw bus at the same day twice a month so I was questioned about my routine as well. So suggest enter via car pool and cross borders frequently. Anyway I'm freaked out by the questioning and have decided not to renew when my lease expires next year. Instead I will airbnb in johore every two weeks or so and spend the rest of the month travelling as a digital nomad living off the rental income from my hdb in Singapore. Cost is about the same as renting full time in johore so this lifestyle works for me. Blessing in disguise.

Maybe in the booth dia malas nak quiz us. If car jammed not moving, they can rest in the booth. Not so stress. Whereas by public tpt, the imm hall is open. Everyday infront of them never ending long Q. Frustrated. So make things difficult for us.:laugh:

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal
Last year i contacted an agent having a spore office here. Quoted me M$8k for the fees and Misc charges @M$4k. Total @ M$12k. Not cheap....:geek:
Yes. Not cheap.
But it save you the trouble of running up and down doing your own application.

You just need to sit and wait at your office and sign the documents.

I think it is worth it. Why not spend some money save more time and earn more money?

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Bro whoami, this one can really DIY, just need to spend some time and effort. A lot of the legwork will still need to be done by yourself.

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yes. Not cheap.
But it save you the trouble of running up and down doing your own application.

You just need to sit and wait at your office and sign the documents.

I think it is worth it. Why not spend some money save more time and earn more money?

Yes. Its true. The convenience. But the fees rather steep. If 3K i dont mind.:smile:

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Bro whoami, this one can really DIY, just need to spend some time and effort. A lot of the legwork will still need to be done by yourself.

Yes bro. I already contacted the agent last year. Last year pretty busy. So tot of using agent. But upon realising the steep fees and like u said i also need to do some of the work myself...so just shelf the idea. But nowadays came across so many people having problem with imm offrs at ciq, i may have to reconsider applying for MM2H......

Chocolate

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes bro. I already contacted the agent last year. Last year pretty busy. So tot of using agent. But upon realising the steep fees and like u said i also need to do some of the work myself...so just shelf the idea. But nowadays came across so many people having problem with imm offrs at ciq, i may have to reconsider applying for MM2H......

Have you tried applying for a Long Term pass ? It’s easy for those with Malaysian spouses but I also saw those without Malaysian spouses applying at the Immigration dept ( KDN) in Setia Tropika. You will need a Malaysian sponsor. Doesn’t cost much and although the first application takes time, once you have applied you can show the acknowledgment to Immigration when entering, they won’t hassle you. Renewal is very fast and easy.

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Have you tried applying for a Long Term pass ? It’s easy for those with Malaysian spouses but I also saw those without Malaysian spouses applying at the Immigration dept ( KDN) in Setia Tropika. You will need a Malaysian sponsor. Doesn’t cost much and although the first application takes time, once you have applied you can show the acknowledgment to Immigration when entering, they won’t hassle you. Renewal is very fast and easy.

Oh tats another alternative. So i can get my msian relative to be my sponsor? Bro, any link for more info on how to apply, requirement, criteria etc etc? TIA...

Last edited:

Scorp

Alfrescian
Loyal
Then in June, the things happening in Malaysia didn't help much when my wife and myself were separated at the Tanjung Kupang checkpoint, they refused to let her in as she had stayed more than 3 weeks. We endured one of the worst nightmare one night when they stopped her and asked her to go back via a bus to Harbour Front. I was allowed to go in as my school going children were all inside and they had to be woken up to go to school early in the morning. She was questioned, given a hard time and had to stay with my parents while i had to go in by myself. (We took the CW3 bus in). As the last bus has finally left by the time our ordeal was over, i had a hard choice to walk towards the nearest gas station or hitch a ride with one of the few tour buses. I asked a kind Indian driver who allowed me onboard. He helped me even when one of the passengers was shocked to see me when boarding and i had to change my seat. Not wanting to disturb anyone, i was prepared to stand but was offered a seat by the kind Indian driver. Tired, hungry and worried about my wife, I got dropped off at the Petronas station nearby.

There i was to learn that no Grab drivers will come to the gas station, especially at that hour. I was despondent. Everyone always think of their trouble as the greatest, but at that point, i was still thinking of helping a friend with his requests. I quickly put it to rest as i needed to be strong for all those who depended on me. I asked around and only a kind Indian gentle man, Fairuz i believe helped me. He offered to give me a ride to Gelang Patah where i could catch a cab or Grab car. *(Please remember no Grab cars will go to the petrol stations after the Tuas/Tanjung Kupang checkpoint at 2nd link due to the toll charges)

After waiting for 30 minutes, he took me and surprisingly left me at Nusa Bestari where one of my cars were parked. He did not charge me a single cent. I need to really thank him one day. He is the nephew of the owner of the Petronas if i remember. I got home at last, immediately charged my dead phone, called my wife to ask how she were (she made it to my mums place) and woke my kids up for school. She ended up being refused entry into Malaysia for 5 days.

I fell asleep at 6.30am and woke up by my NZ customers at 7am, just in time for work.

Everyone complains about how tough their life is all the time, rather than just complain, do something with it. You have an errant tenant? Deal with it. If a friend has already helped you with switching off the utilities, lawyer and committee contacts, what more can he or she do? You have a funny neighbour who tried to fleece you because your pipes leaked into theirs? How do i get involved when the people are the ones who had cheated my partner and me. Despite asking not to be added, i was added into a group with people i strongly disliked dealings with. Dealt with it i did and hopefully did the right thing by him.

I had to deal with corrupt people, people who absconded with my friends money, people who tried to con my friends, people who tried to blackmail them. I dealt with it all including people whose tyres were punctured in the rain. Even if i don't have to but i did because they trusted me.

If i can do it while facing incredible financial hardship, anyone can. I fixed pipes, electrical lights, electrical points, solved peoples drainage kitchen issues and from helping, i learned and from learning i became stronger.

Singaporeans are not born weak, we can be made stronger if we are willing to go through and bear the hardships.
I have a taxi contact. As it's difficult sometimes to even get GRAB from HH, this driver has been quite handy. He comes on demand if he's available. He is willing to pick customers from Second Link customs too. His contact is Ramesh +6016-7266692. He uses the meter. He's always been reliable for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.