• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 3 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I concur. With the MY Government flipping policies to suit their convenience, I cannot see why we should play by their rules.

Alot of units no sold. Hanging. So MY garment trying to entice u guys into "investing" again. I am sure near future all units sold to foreigners will revert to 1 million threshold. So if u purchase at 600K now, are u confident ur unit can be sold more than 600K in future? Dont know whether can break even.

transient

Alfrescian
Loyal
I got approved for MM2H and need to have medical insurance before heading down to MoTAC to get my passport chopped with 10yr social visit visa. :thumbsup:

Anyone can recommend the cheapest med insurance plan I can get with M'sian insurers? I dun plan to be in Msia during the 1st year so this plan is just bought to meet MM2H requirement, so the cheaper the better. :biggrin: AFAIK, our Integrated Shield plan doesn't qualify as it only covers treatment in SG. Tia.

Hi you may want to consider Progressive Insurance. Progressive Care Jade. Very reasonable premium.

https://www.progressiveinsurance.com.my/personal/hospital-surgical/hospital-surgical/
Address: No. 17-01, Jalan Kebun Teh 1, Pusat Perdagangan Kebun Teh, 80250 Johor Bahru, Johor

transient

Alfrescian
Loyal
Alot of units no sold. Hanging. So MY garment trying to entice u guys into "investing" again. I am sure near future all units sold to foreigners will revert to 1 million threshold. So if u purchase at 600K now, are u confident ur unit can be sold more than 600K in future? Dont know whether can break even.

Agree bro Whoami. Not worth. I am thinking of selling mine one year later. Just rent will do.
How did it get going with your MM2H application?

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Agree bro Whoami. Not worth. I am thinking of selling mine one year later. Just rent will do.
How did it get going with your MM2H application?

My wife have knee problem. Cant walk or stand too long. I am waiting for her to recover soonest. Need to bring her along...all the way to S Tropica....for more info..

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Buying an apt at JB tat cost M$600 and above. Not cheap. When the threshold raise to 1 million, how to sell above latter price?

Btw, the M$600K threshold only apply to those existing unsold apt/condos.

Think many time sinkies.....

Last edited:

AHGS14

Alfrescian
Loyal
1571361305489.png

It's strange that of late, traffic is heavy into JB almost for the whole day and traffic into Sg is relatively lighter even for the morning. Wonder why?

menghuii

Alfrescian
Loyal
stay stay stay
now i enjoy all the gym the spa the pool etc all by myself i also gave keys to my kids who bring friends for a chill just paying a meagre sgd 100 a mth for everything! what? rent out?

rushifa666

Alfrescian
Loyal
I've also checked around and it looks like you are less likely to get hassled by immigration if you enter via car and if you cross borders frequently like 4 to 5 times a week. Those times I got interrogated happened when I entered with the cw bus at the same day twice a month so I was questioned about my routine as well. So suggest enter via car pool and cross borders frequently. Anyway I'm freaked out by the questioning and have decided not to renew when my lease expires next year. Instead I will airbnb in johore every two weeks or so and spend the rest of the month travelling as a digital nomad living off the rental income from my hdb in Singapore. Cost is about the same as renting full time in johore so this lifestyle works for me. Blessing in disguise.
Btw there is NO need to wait for lease expire. There is essentially no bind. You just tell them im moving out next month done. The lease is valid for a year not a bind

Mark9999

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi, hope my enquiry is appropriate here.

Moving to Kulai.:
1) anyone done this moving?
can recommend mover and estimated cost?
2) have potted plants and praying idols.
any problem with Customs to get permit, etc?

Appreciate your kind answers.
Thank you very much.

AHGS14

Alfrescian
Loyal
I used this mover http://www.le.com/ptv/vplay/1000353.html earlier this year. Very satisfied with their service. The cost will depend on the amount of stuff you are moving, and therefore the size of lorry used. As far as I know, plants are not allowed to be "imported" without permit. I faced this problem previously when I was moving a potted plant across the border using my own Sg car.

Mark9999

Alfrescian
Loyal
I used this mover http://www.le.com/ptv/vplay/1000353.html earlier this year. Very satisfied with their service. The cost will depend on the amount of stuff you are moving, and therefore the size of lorry used. As far as I know, plants are not allowed to be "imported" without permit. I faced this problem previously when I was moving a potted plant across the border using my own Sg car.

Thank you very much.

Please confirm the link for the mover.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Btw there is NO need to wait for lease expire. There is essentially no bind. You just tell them im moving out next month done. The lease is valid for a year not a bind

Agree. As long as you informed them a month in advance is fine.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal

This is good, i am not sure if the Larkin taxi terminal will be impacted though but this will be far useful than Larkin and finally a good replacement for the old Kota Raya one. Many coming into Malaysia from Bugis always wanted to drop at City Square but quite a few times the uncle refused those asking. Most times they are actually quite kind and they do accommodate if you do ask nicely by dropping at the nearest Shell station so you can walk there.

One thing to note is, the taxis that are at the new place opposite City Square if they are the local yellow cabs, these cannot drop you anywhere into Singapore unless you are taking a Singapore based taxi which will cost more (SGD $55) to any destination in Singapore i believe(not inclusive of ERP).
The RM 100 for the local cabs to Bugis has been in place for some time, up from the RM 80 previously. Best value is still to book the train (www.easybook.com) or try your luck with the train by going earlier to buy tickets and then taking a bus or the cab if all else fails.
There are no laws saying you cannot share a cab so if sharing with another 3 persons (max 4 per cab) regardless Singapore or Malaysian ones, it will be RM 25 each. Always remember prices in the daytime as when it hits nights or holidays, prices may change from the listed ones. Its fair to add on a bit when there is heavy jam due to festivities but then not by 3 times or 4.

Status
Not open for further replies.