• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 3 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Just a reminder that ktm has proposed a train every 5minutes. Our dear leeder said no. So younjnow who to blame

This is mainly because the fees taken by KTM are not shared with SG while the MRT will benefit the state coffers more directly.
If they just agree to share revenue (easy to track as all seats are booked) or just remove the seats/insurance and let people stand. Increasing the frequency to 5 minutes is very doable. Add some kind of panel for the gaps for passenger and one can forget about needing an RTS.

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal
Buying an apt at JB tat cost M$600 and above. Not cheap. When the threshold raise to 1 million, how to sell above latter price?

Btw, the M$600K threshold only apply to those existing unsold apt/condos.

Think many time sinkies.....
Go eat shit. Their condo sucks.

rushifa666

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is mainly because the fees taken by KTM are not shared with SG while the MRT will benefit the state coffers more directly.
If they just agree to share revenue (easy to track as all seats are booked) or just remove the seats/insurance and let people stand. Increasing the frequency to 5 minutes is very doable. Add some kind of panel for the gaps for passenger and one can forget about needing an RTS.
If you expand road like what they claim they will do thats a 100% expnediture on your part. Zero gain. Let the train go and you dknt have to waste money. The mrt is nuts. Customs already has a shortage of manpower . J have no idea how they are going to do this. Also, openjng a new access point is less secure

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Hi all, just to update. For MACS, unlike what some drivers (and those who claimed they know people) says, you cannot apply for it without a long term visit pass or MM2H. For those who need it or plan to live in East Malaysia at a later stage, best to just get the MM2H from East Malaysia as the MM2H for East Malaysia allows you to stay anywhere while the one for West Malaysia is only for West Malaysia.

Also some good news finally, spoke to someone i know (luckily she is back) and understand that around midyear next year there will be a "likely" change in the MACS policies. So we may have some long awaited good news on this.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Dear all, for those who take taxis into SG and back, please be aware that the CitySquare taxi stand charges $33 SGD or RM 100 for coming to from City square.

Coming back the other way, they are now charging $55 SGD for dropping you off at CitySquare. Dropping off at Larkin is cheaper at $48 SGD. At least this was the price we were quoted as of today. I took the cab despite the higher pricing as my wife was not feeling well.

When taking cab into SG from Larkin at night, they tend to overcharge so please take note. Was quoted 100 SGD at one time for two adults for a JB taxi going into Singapore.

kezgtree

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear all, for those who take taxis into SG and back, please be aware that the CitySquare taxi stand charges $33 SGD or RM 100 for coming to from City square.

Coming back the other way, they are now charging $55 SGD for dropping you off at CitySquare. Dropping off at Larkin is cheaper at $48 SGD. At least this was the price we were quoted as of today. I took the cab despite the higher pricing as my wife was not feeling well.

When taking cab into SG from Larkin at night, they tend to overcharge so please take note. Was quoted 100 SGD at one time for two adults for a JB taxi going into Singapore.
..Thank you for infor bro

bluesky321

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi All / WuQi Bro,

May i ask, if i wish to stay for long term temporarily in Johor Barhru (2-3 years), other than MM2H (Which is very expensive), are there any other options presently for Singaporeans? Can relatives (Sisters, Brothers) Sponsor me for LTSVP? I have heard of rumors that Malaysians can sponsor Singaporeans for LTSVP, not too sure if it's true. Any advice, guidelines is much appreciated, thank you.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Hi All / WuQi Bro,

May i ask, if i wish to stay for long term temporarily in Johor Barhru (2-3 years), other than MM2H (Which is very expensive), are there any other options presently for Singaporeans? Can relatives (Sisters, Brothers) Sponsor me for LTSVP? I have heard of rumors that Malaysians can sponsor Singaporeans for LTSVP, not too sure if it's true. Any advice, guidelines is much appreciated, thank you.

Bro, if for long stay, other than JB (Malaysia is no longer as welcoming to us) can consider other places. Hope to see things change in June but then their country their laws so its up to them.

If they find Singaporeans are not to be welcomed anymore, then we should consider another place to buy and live in. I have had my fair share of being harassed repeatedly.

I asked and they said must be close relatives, i will rather wait for MACS to be reinstated for home owners, etc rather than have to trouble anyone. Some people may turn around and ask for more and i just don't want to count on relatives if i can avoid it.

Your mileage may well differ of course, i always find that being nice to my relatives is a one way street. Only they can ask us for help but never the other way.

You can consider to go to Setia Tropika Block A, #10 to check. Best wishes.

After what they did to my wife (Singaporean as well), i am very disheartened. No longer do i defend vigorously against anyone deriding Malaysia. Despite being a tax payer and an owner of several companies employing Malaysians, both myself and my wife are always made to feel extremely not welcomed.

Its also ironic that i do not smoke, drink or take any drugs and i donate more to mosques than temples here but felt singled out as a criminal whenever i drive out. I digress and hope my bitter experiences do not impact anyone here.

You can actually consider Batam, one can rent a pretty nice place in Batam a year for around 2-3k SGD. One can stay up to 30 days without any issues if you are Singaporean or one of the countries below. No jams and ferry is usually on time. Also Thailand as well, there is a separate thread on Thailand in this forum. Easier place to disappear to as they also have 30 day visa free for us. (flying in)

Source:
https://www.sindoferry.com.sg/visa-information

If you are holding a passport issued by one of the following countries, visa is not required:
AlbaniaAlgeriaAndorraAngolaAntigua and Barbuda
ArgentinaArmeniaAustraliaAustriaAzerbaijan
BahamasBahrainBangladeshBarbadosBelarus
BelgiumBelizeBeninBhutanBolivia
Bosnia and HerzegovinaBotswanaBrazilBruneiBulgaria
Burkina FasoBurundiCambodiaCanadaCape Verde
ChadChileChinaComorosCosta Rica
Cote D’Ivoire (Ivory Coast)CroatiaCubaCyprusCzech Republic
DenmarkDominica (Commonwealth)Dominican RepublicEcuadorEgypt
El SalvadorEstoniaFijiFinlandFrance
GabonGambiaGeorgiaGermanyGhana
GreeceGrenadaGuatemalaGuyanaHaiti
HondurasHong Kong (SAR)HungaryIcelandIndia
IrelandItalyJamaicaJapanJordan
KazakhstanKenyaKiribatiKuwaitKyrgyzstan
LaosLatviaLebanonLesothoLiechtenstein
LithuaniaLuxembourgMacau (SAR)MacedoniaMadagascar
MalawiMalaysiaMaldivesMaliMalta
Marshall IslandsMauritaniaMauritiusMexicoMoldova
MonacoMongoliaMoroccoMozambiqueMyanmar
NamibiaNauruNepalNetherlandsNew Zealand
NicaraguaNorwayOmanPalauPalestine
PanamaPapua New GuineaParaguayPeruPhilippines
PolandPortugalPuerto RicoQatarRomania
RussiaRwandaSamoaSan MarinoSao Tome and Principe
Saudi ArabiaSenegalSerbiaSeychellesSingapore
SlovakiaSloveniaSolomon IslandsSouth AfricaSouth Korea
SpainSri LankaSt Kitts and NevisSt LuciaSt Vincent and Grenadines
SurinameSwazilandSwedenSwitzerlandTaiwan
TajikistanTanzaniaThailandTimor-LesteTogo
TongaTrinidad & TobagoTunisiaTurkeyTurkmenistan
TuvaluUgandaUkraineUnited Arab EmiratesUnited Kingdom
UruguayUnited States of AmericaUzbekistanVanuatuVatican City
VenezuelaVietnamZambiaZimbabwe
Please note that you are only allowed to stay in Indonesia for up to 30 days without visa and for leisure purpose only.
If you are going to Indonesia for business purpose, you are advised to apply for a business visa.

bluesky321

Alfrescian
Loyal
Have you tried applying for a Long Term pass ? It’s easy for those with Malaysian spouses but I also saw those without Malaysian spouses applying at the Immigration dept ( KDN) in Setia Tropika. You will need a Malaysian sponsor. Doesn’t cost much and although the first application takes time, once you have applied you can show the acknowledgment to Immigration when entering, they won’t hassle you. Renewal is very fast and easy.
Who can quality to be a Malaysian Sponsor? Brothers and Sisters considered? or only Spouse? Must they go down in person with me to apply?

cybermad6969

Alfrescian
Loyal
I heard at the recent Propertyguru Malaysia talk by a lawyer that foreigners cannot stay more than 183 days in MY in a year . Did anyone heard of this before ? If true, then this is quite disturbing as it means we are forced to get MM2H if we intend to stay long term in MY . Thanks !

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
I have not heard, anyone who stay beyond that gets local tax rate as a tax resident. That said, i have not yet heard anything on this yet.

For individual foreigners to eligible for resident status eligibility, he is required to stay in Malaysia for more than 182 days in a calendar year. The resident tax rate is reasonable, range from 0 to 28% with applicable to many incentives and rebates as opposed to a flat rate of 28% for non-resident status.

http://www.hasil.gov.my/bt_goindex.php?bt_kump=5&bt_skum=1&bt_posi=2&bt_unit=1&bt_sequ=1&bt_lgv=2

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Who can quality to be a Malaysian Sponsor? Brothers and Sisters considered? or only Spouse? Must they go down in person with me to apply?

Maybe other folks here can provide more information, i won't be going there for now. Likely have to go together and bring along all documents, photocopies of passports and photos and of course your relative/sponsor with their mycard.

Status
Not open for further replies.