• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 3 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RafflesTiger

Alfrescian
Loyal
Believe me when I say I am peasant and cannot afford a cash deposit of 500k. If I have this kind of money I would not be worrying over the customs officer questioning. Anyway I just applied MACS for my family members and hope this interim measure would stave off questions for the time being.

Hi bro, what is your plan now? Are they realli clamping down on singaporeans staying in jb with the suspension of macs etc..

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Frankly most of my relatives/friends went in and out so many times weekly but never once been questioned by any Msian officials. Of course if want to be kiasu and 100% safe then it would be better to apply for MM2H.

RafflesTiger

Alfrescian
Loyal
Seems like others don't have the same problem as me. Maybe the encik just didn't like me thats all.

Anyway, do continue to feedback your experiences here.

Dondon

Alfrescian
Loyal
Seems like others don't have the same problem as me. Maybe the encik just didn't like me thats all.

Anyway, do continue to feedback your experiences here.
One of my Friend got banned from entry for one month few months ago but the reason is quarrels with Malaysia custom officer at clearance boot.

RafflesTiger

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think they are suspending Macs applications altogether, for the time being anyway. I see Tun's hands behind all this. But u may want to contact IRDA to confirm this.

What i really need to know is whether the policy now is to allow or disallow singaporeans to stay. Or whether it is just me the encik want to ban, but not others. If it is just me, then so be it.

But the high commission encik clearly said macs or not, singaporeans cannot stay and whether you own property or not, it doesn't matter.

Encik at custom told me if there is no law to prohibit singaporeans staying, he will enact a law on the spot for me or something to that effect. I have to say i was rather impressed that he could do that. He did not however specify what he is refusing entry for except for the "prohibited immigrant" section, which was probably inherited from british common law.

Last edited:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
This is impacting the one in SG only:
http://www.thirdlink.com.sg/index.html

Called up IRDA this afternoon and its still operational for the one in JB. MACS is not a VISA and not an entitlement, it is only used to speed up the entry and exit with the added benefit that you don't need to have multiple stamps filling up the passport quickly.

Hi RafflesTiger, so long and good to see your username in use again, here to entertain us with more stories of "your stay" in JB.

menghuii

Alfrescian
Loyal
For me, I always drive into JB. By having MACS, at least I do not need to chop stamps.
Btw, I have gotten my MACS at IRDA in Johor. Very fast and no queue. Got it on the spot within 15 minutes..

is it at danga bay condo? and what docs are required. and can I apply on behalf of somebody? thks.

Walker

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks Wuqi256, for checking!
This is impacting the one in SG only:
http://www.thirdlink.com.sg/index.html

Called up IRDA this afternoon and its still operational for the one in JB. MACS is not a VISA and not an entitlement, it is only used to speed up the entry and exit with the added benefit that you don't need to have multiple stamps filling up the passport quickly.

Hi RafflesTiger, so long and good to see your username in use again, here to entertain us with more stories of "your stay" in JB.

Walker

Alfrescian
Loyal
Property Owner

Completed Application Form (Fill Up Manually)

Original Passport (
validity must exceed 13 months
)

One Passport Size Photograph

Original Official/Supporting Letter from Developer(
Sales & Purchase
Agreement/Land Title)

Original K Form (Renunciation of Malaysia Citizensh
ip) from National
Registration Department (Jabatan Pendaftaran Negara
, JPN) for Applicants Who
Has Boughta House or Married Before Renunciation of
their Malaysian
Citizenship

Original Marriage Certificate for Spouse (If Name N
ot Stated In S&P).

Original Birth Certificate
for Children Under 18 Years Old Only

Visa (If Applicable) -
Validity Must Exceed 9 Month
Photocopy:

The Personal Identification (Passport I/D) & Latest
Entry Stamp/Endorsement

Sales & Purchase Agreement/Land Title (Where Applic
able) Each Applicants

MACS APPLICATION COUNTER
Iskandar Regional Development Authority (IRDA)
#G-01, Block 8
Danga Bay, Jalan Skudai
80200 Johor Bahru
Johor, Malaysia
Tel No: +607-2333000
Fax No: +607-2333001
The opening hours:
Sunday to Wednesday
8.30 am - 4.00 pm Operation Hour
1.00 pm - 2.00 pm Lunch Hour

is it at danga bay condo? and what docs are required. and can I apply on behalf of somebody? thks.

checkers

Alfrescian
Loyal
Of course not at Danga condo. The place is IRDA next to Tune Hotel. Go google.

You cannot apply for anyone else. Need your thumb print.

Bhrork

May I ask, even if you apply for mm2h, if you want to go in and out Malaysia everyday without passport chop, you still need to apply for MACS, izzit? Without MACS, we couldn’t work in Sg and stay in JB?

Xisiqomelir

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks RafflesTiger for sharing your experience a few weeks ago. I sensed a change in the atmosphere and renewed my MACS 2 months early, neatly making this cutoff.

If Malaysia becomes unfriendly to daily/weekly visitors I'll have to rework my situation, but at least I have another year to do so now.

checkers

Alfrescian
Loyal
I heard that from a friend staying in JB too. So I called up IRDA. The phone numbers are no longer in operation. :(

Last edited:

RafflesTiger

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks RafflesTiger for sharing your experience a few weeks ago. I sensed a change in the atmosphere and renewed my MACS 2 months early, neatly making this cutoff.

If Malaysia becomes unfriendly to daily/weekly visitors I'll have to rework my situation, but at least I have another year to do so now.

You are welcome.

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
I heard that MACS was also just suspended at IRDA. Anyone can confirm?
I think there will be no more MACS application, at least for the time being. There's a latest post in the fuckwarezone forum on this issue: https://forums.fuckwarezone.com.sg/115123459-post496.html

You should seriously consider saving up and apply for the MM2H since your asset commitments in JB are quite substantial. Don't forget that their newly appointed 93-year old PM has never been friendly towards Singapore nor Singaporeans. Some of his party (Chinese) members' as well as his own recent comments and actions are already indicating their hostility with Singapore. Even the Johor Crown Prince had come out to contradict him on the water issue and our neighborliness relation. To make matters worse, Johor has been 1 of his rebelling states since history, so it's no surprise that being the vengeful old man, he'll try all means to sabotage the relationship between Johor and Singapore. After all, he's the PM and they are the Federal Government and he has the final say. He is also the kind of leader that will simply disregards contractual agreements and will overrule them with his cynical manipulation whenever he deems fit. From his past actions, I dare say that this old man will never stop his revenge until the day he closes his eyes for the last time.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.