• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 3 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbbride

Alfrescian
Loyal
continued from previous post (I have a restriction of 500 characters)
I googled for more information about moving to JB and heng i found this thread with active inputs & contributions from many like-minded Sgp.

I know we are late in making this move, however it was almost impossible for us to start few years ago( still in our 20's) but hubby said better late then never at least we tried :smile:

Nusajaya

Alfrescian
Loyal
Naturebest,

Who dare to say you are ordinary person.....You are such an extra ordinary person - you have so many rich friends, far east friends, friends who have all the news we never heard off, friends who know about everything and anything under the sun!

I am trying to understand whether all your very rich friends and your far east friends ever advised you to invest in Iskandar or not. If they really did asked you to invest in Iskandar so, how can you be so negative? You don't believe them? If they didn't ask you to invest in Iskandar, so why didn't you follow your very rich friends instructions or secrets? You didn't believe in them?

I don't know who labelled you very rich man?? That must be a mistake. Let me share with you a quote "negative people can never be rich and rich people can never be negative". (the actual quote is successful but I substitute it with rich). If we want negative thoughts, newspaper will be an easier and rich source. Yes, you should just stick to your newspaper forum.

Is it make sense to stay in a Sg community in JB does not accept different view? I feel more freedom of speech in Sg but not in this forum. As a ordinary person, I hv been label as a very rich man just happen I ever meet the Far East's manager during their lunching. Does it mean thousands of people ever meet him as considering as very rich man? None Sg's developers will favour on JB's property unless they hv a pc of pie here. I back up for not staying in JB as no sense of brotherhood of Sg in JB community in this forum which make me feel more negative than the Crimes issue here. There are thousands of Sg own Johor's property still staying in Sg. Many keep as back up home but not 2nd home or weekend home. If our moderator does not want any negative voice in this forum and only welcome voice for those moving in JB , I am happy to disappear from here. However, I feel more freedom of speech in Sg newspaper's forum n free stay of life. :eek:

Last edited:

shctaw

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You need not agree with anyone with regard to your view.

I believe zone B is a bad bet, but I may wrong. And I bet there must be 4000 people whom bought or intend to buy disagree with me.

I a still here, with my thick skin trying to learn and share my view.

I am not here to find like minded folks that agree with me. For that I can join a choir.

I am looking for people with distinctive and different view. No one is negative here..... Just a different in view.
No big deal.

I hv answer in my early message and understand yr will to eliminate all negative comments here. You should be very happy that I follow their advice to withdraw the early investment back 2009. Will you be more happy to see more people sucess in Iskanda or yourself along? I wonder you hv the smart solution for more new comers to share the pie than yourself along. :biggrin:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Is it make sense to stay in a Sg community in JB does not accept different view? I feel more freedom of speech in Sg but not in this forum. As a ordinary person, I hv been label as a very rich man just happen I ever meet the Far East's manager during their lunching. Does it mean thousands of people ever meet him as considering as very rich man? None Sg's developers will favour on JB's property unless they hv a pc of pie here. I back up for not staying in JB as no sense of brotherhood of Sg in JB community in this forum which make me feel more negative than the Crimes issue here. There are thousands of Sg own Johor's property still staying in Sg. Many keep as back up home but not 2nd home or weekend home. If our moderator does not want any negative voice in this forum and only welcome voice for those moving in JB , I am happy to disappear from here. However, I feel more freedom of speech in Sg newspaper's forum n free stay of life. :eek:

Just because people commented that you are not genuine and you are backing out once again? Whatever happened to your earlier Ujana purchase story or is it just yet another story?

If you are really serious about making this place another one to park your nest egg, you didn't need to approach this in this manner.
Do what you will, disappear and create a new moniker with new stories. Your postings are still there, even the negative ones or even downright funny ones.

Please please stay, at least for the entertainment value, providing a VALUABLE source of alternative insights as well as keeping the causeway just that bit clear. You are definitely needed here. :smile:

1nottiboy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Can you at least write in English? Or maybe you want to consider writing in SHORT, SIMPLE sentences?

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal

I believe zone B is a bad bet, but I may wrong. And I bet there must be 4000 people whom bought or intend to buy disagree with me.

I am not here to find like minded folks that agree with me. For that I can join a choir.

I am looking for people with distinctive and different view. No one is negative here..... Just a different in view.
No big deal.

Thank you sir, i still hold to my beliefs that no zones are inherently bad, just different areas for people with different needs, thats all.
Zone A is still out for me but i don't discount it totally, who knows what tomorrow may bring. A learned bro discounted Zone A from
the start (Zone B too for that matter) but he is now involved in a few major projects in Zone A and is the go to guy for most of the
projects there now.

For the record, i still hold no property in Zone A but i am pretty much covered in Zone B, C and E with further expansion into another
area right before the elections.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Both grateful & thankful that you are willing to share by started the ball rolling this thread. Both hubby & I went in JB to book a unit at Setia Tropika secretly without telling any of our family & closed friends.:biggrin:

Thank you, i am glad you guys did it. I didn't share it with my relatives as well and LIJB was the first sharing in fact, i shared with close friends first, then complete strangers online, much earlier than i did with family members and relatives.

要做一件事,成功之前,沒有必要告訴其他人。成功之後不用你說,其他人都會知道的。這就是資訊時代所帶來的效應

When doing something, before it is near to fruition, there is no need to share with others. After achieving success, even without your sharing, others will get to know. This are the effects on life brought about by the advent of the (speedy) information age.

1nottiboy

Alfrescian
Loyal
This thread has been a valuable resource. I enjoy reading both the positive and negative views given in all the threads. Even though I think I am very much "in the know", it is impossible for me to know everything. Hence, it is always good to read about what everyone has to say. There is always the possibility I missed out an angle.

shctaw is a Pro-Zone-A guy. I enjoy getting to know the way his brain works. Even though I dont agree with some of his views, he doesnt take offence when I present my arguments. All of us are invested for various reasons. Some do it for fun. Some do it for retirement. Some do it for their children. Etc. When interests differ, views will too. it is normal. The thing is, whether a writer likes or dislikes Iskandar, it would be nice to back it up, and back it up with logical reasons.

From my POV, investing in Iskandar is risky business. It forms only a very small part of my portfolio. About 15%. 85% of my investments are still in SG. If it makes money, it is extra money I can give my wife. If it loses money, it wont kill me. I have already made provisions.

Also, I get news and insights from developers quite often and it confirms my thoughts that Iskandar is not for the faint hearted. If you are in it for speculation, then anything goes. But if you are in it from an investment angle, be prepared for a very long run. A developer that I spoke to recently has got a 40 year plan for their land bank in Iskandar! Where will you be in 40 years??? So tread very carefully.

However, having said all the potential pitfalls for Iskandar, I must also say that I chose Iskandar over BKK, KL, London, NY, Tokyo and Melbourne. Primarily it is because it would be easier to manage. Secondary reason is because I foresee appreciation over the long term.

Let me see what else I wanna add... my friends... Most of my friends (rich or otherwise) ARE NOT invested in Iskandar. They either dont believe in Malaysia and/or prefer other locations. But most of them are keen to explore if and when the opportunity arises. Only 3 of my friends are vested in Iskandar. 2 of them are worth about $10m each. The 3rd friend is worth about $100m.

shctaw

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Zone A or Zone B in the end may not matter.
Those vested till today will do pretty well.

I am only pointing out the endless supply in Zone B condos. Not the landed properties across all Zone.

I am also looking in Zone B for landed property too.

Last edited:

teoky

Alfrescian
Loyal

No big deal.

Some analyst's view Iskandar as a industrial play rather than residential.

I am looking at properties in Zone B and decided on Medini.

Prices in Horizon Hills, East Ledang, Bukit Indah and Puteri Harbour has really run up alot. I wonder if the prices has gone ahead of demand ?

These areas to me are purely residential and unless there's alot of commercial/business activities with the associated population growth, it will be hard to sustain the prices.

I chose Medini because it's master plan has all the activities to support the creation of a vibrant precinct. It is still early stage but at least within Medini Lifestyle, most of the land plot are accounted for and projects are either completed (Legoland, Mall of Medini) or in the process of being build (Gleneagles Hospital, Afiniti etc).

Medini also offer incentives for businesses and individuals hence it should be a good carrot.

I guess most people that invest in Medini do it for the same reasons I mentioned.

Medini actually remind me abit of Punggol in the sense that Singapore government keep putting resources into Punggol and finally it is a place that people are starting to look at. Medini is also where alot of resources are going into.

contra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Some analyst's view Iskandar as a industrial play rather than residential.

I am looking at properties in Zone B and decided on Medini.

Prices in Horizon Hills, East Ledang, Bukit Indah and Puteri Harbour has really run up alot. I wonder if the prices has gone ahead of demand ?

These areas to me are purely residential and unless there's alot of commercial/business activities with the associated population growth, it will be hard to sustain the prices.

I chose Medini because it's master plan has all the activities to support the creation of a vibrant precinct. It is still early stage but at least within Medini Lifestyle, most of the land plot are accounted for and projects are either completed (Legoland, Mall of Medini) or in the process of being build (Gleneagles Hospital, Afiniti etc).

Medini also offer incentives for businesses and individuals hence it should be a good carrot.

Actually Medini has been launched at high psfs of RM650 levels upwards. I wonder if condo prices getting ahead of demand? Did you that know HH houses still RM300 psf levels only, and can get even better value for other G&Gs like Nusa Idaman & Nusa Sentral?

When you stay in JB you would probably get a car which is reasonable price as there is no COE, plus petrol prices even better. So when you get a car, it does not matter where you stay. Land is in abundance so walking will not be efficient. But quality landed G&G is of limited stock. Thus the high demand for these landeds you mention. Car puts people's pref for residential neighborhoods to live-in and drive into commercial for work. Nothing wrong to staying in city centre, just like some people prefer to stay in Ang Mo Kio for the family feel rather than cold downtown Shenton Way after hours.

Do be aware of fine print. Medini's tax incentives expire if you do not start your qualifying business there before end of 2015.

Having said these, I am still a fan of Medini and the vision. Just bullets seeking landed G&G for now. All the best, you have made money as next launches in Medini seeing to be RM750 psf and above. For those on landed G&G, these can only be good news for your investments. Good day all :smile:

Mummymoo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Both grateful & thankful that you are willing to share by started the ball rolling this thread. Both hubby & I went in JB to book a unit at Setia Tropika secretly without telling any of our family & closed friends.:biggrin:

Congrats and welcome to the neighbourhood!

Chocolate

Alfrescian
Loyal

It is not uncommon to face 'opposition', many fo my friends have warned me I am asking to be robbed . Initially my family alos wasnt supportive. I hope they'll respond differently when my condo is ready although we wont be moving there yet. Btw, I bought Sky Gardens in Tropika. Congrats on your purchase.

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This thread has been a valuable resource. I enjoy reading both the positive and negative views given in all the threads. Even though I think I am very much "in the know", it is impossible for me to know everything. Hence, it is always good to read about what everyone has to say. There is always the possibility I missed out an angle.

shctaw is a Pro-Zone-A guy. I enjoy getting to know the way his brain works. Even though I dont agree with some of his views, he doesnt take offence when I present my arguments. All of us are invested for various reasons. Some do it for fun. Some do it for retirement. Some do it for their children. Etc. When interests differ, views will too. it is normal. The thing is, whether a writer likes or dislikes Iskandar, it would be nice to back it up, and back it up with logical reasons.

From my POV, investing in Iskandar is risky business. It forms only a very small part of my portfolio. About 15%. 85% of my investments are still in SG. If it makes money, it is extra money I can give my wife. If it loses money, it wont kill me. I have already made provisions.

Also, I get news and insights from developers quite often and it confirms my thoughts that Iskandar is not for the faint hearted. If you are in it for speculation, then anything goes. But if you are in it from an investment angle, be prepared for a very long run. A developer that I spoke to recently has got a 40 year plan for their land bank in Iskandar! Where will you be in 40 years??? So tread very carefully.

However, having said all the potential pitfalls for Iskandar, I must also say that I chose Iskandar over BKK, KL, London, NY, Tokyo and Melbourne. Primarily it is because it would be easier to manage. Secondary reason is because I foresee appreciation over the long term.

Let me see what else I wanna add... my friends... Most of my friends (rich or otherwise) ARE NOT invested in Iskandar. They either dont believe in Malaysia and/or prefer other locations. But most of them are keen to explore if and when the opportunity arises. Only 3 of my friends are vested in Iskandar. 2 of them are worth about $10m each. The 3rd friend is worth about $100m.

Depending on the type of properties you invest in, you might be surprised by the fast appreciation.
Somewhere in Nusajaya, price appreciated 90% in the last 6 months. It took the last 5 or 6 years for my cousin's mass market condo, Kovan Melody, to appreciate 90%.

Last edited:

teoky

Alfrescian
Loyal
Depending on the type of properties you invest in, you might be surprised by the fast appreciation.
Somewhere in Nusajaya, price appreciated 90% in the last 6 months. It took the last 5 or 6 years for my cousin's mass market condo, Kovan Melody, to appreciate 90%.

I think some areas of Iskandar is too hot !

I remembered viewing a East Ledang semi-d 2 months ago.

The owner just got the keys and was asking for 2 million but one week later, he ask for 2.5 million !

For alot of the resale units, the bank valuation is much lower which means really need to have alot of cash for the upfront payment.

jbbride

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is not uncommon to face 'opposition', many fo my friends have warned me I am asking to be robbed . Initially my family alos wasnt supportive. I hope they'll respond differently when my condo is ready although we wont be moving there yet. Btw, I bought Sky Gardens

Hello, Im sure your family will like it when they step into ST estate and your new place.
I dont think my family will have no time to react becos by them we would have perhaps move in with 3 dogs lol

jbbride

Alfrescian
Loyal
From past experiences, no matter what hubby & I decided to do, there has been no positive support or comments from the start until we did it & survived
then peeps will say "YOU HENG LO".

I wont be surprise you friends warn you about being robbed. A few collegues wont even dare to attend my wedding dinner because it was in JB.

Status
Not open for further replies.