• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 3 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal
Boom town Charlie!!

SP Setia sold RM4.23bn worth of new properties, beating its ambitious FY12 target by 5%. The strong sales from the Klang Valley projects were not unexpected but a big eye-opener was SP Setia’s RM1.35bn sales in Johor, which towers over the competition in Johor and indicates that the group is the biggest beneficiary of Iskandar Malaysia's take-off. Also surprising was the RM1,000 psf pricing for the group's condominium project in Johor Bahru, the highest ever in Johor state's capital. Tan Sri Liew is very bullish about Iskandar Malaysia and believes that it will be "boom town Charlie" for the next five years.

price anyhow or anyhow price to sell, of course laughing to the bank.. onion (19).gif

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal
yeah bro... I dun understand these 'luxury condo' prices either but hey... supply and demand, who can argue with that?? :wink:

a simple "人字" slipper selling @ high price also got many ppl buy...la Haha.. :biggrin:

but i like these type ppl around.. :biggrin:

Last edited:

abugumgum

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ok, before i go. The DIY shop in Tesco has some very interesting gadgets such as a showerhead with an affixed LED lamp powered by dynamo action
Also, credit to Newbie2012 if i remember correctly for suggesting the door closing mechanism for the garbage door. There is a door closing mechanism that this DIY store is selling now and quite reasonably too.

Haha, same issue with the garbage door, left open. Now I simply leave my bin near the edge of the road. They still open the bin door to check.

I like Mr DIY store at Tesco Bukit Indah and also at Tesco Tebrau. :smile:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Hi All,
been a fan of this thread and lurk on the forum for sometime now for resource on property in msia, just want to say hi to all bros & sistah here

Welcome Kentang and those who recently joined us as well. Hope that you will find the discussions here informative and useful.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Folks who are keen on Blue Ray/3D, quite a few shops in Bukit Indah are selling original ones for about 30 RM a piece. Not bad, the quality is good. Meanwhile, one electrical shop in Giant @ Bukit Indah seems to be selling their TVs at substantially much lower than other shops.

Bought a tv for my wife recently at Keck Seng (Nusa Bestari), thought we had a bargain then went to the shop there and saw a thousand ringgit difference. Same model, same freebies, same package and same country of manufacture and warranty(just in case) Now its really Keck Sim as wife was upset with me for paying more.

kopikong99

Alfrescian
Loyal
Folks who are keen on Blue Ray/3D, quite a few shops in Bukit Indah are selling original ones for about 30 RM a piece. Not bad, the quality is good. Meanwhile, one electrical shop in Giant @ Bukit Indah seems to be selling their TVs at substantially much lower than other shops.

Bought a tv for my wife recently at Keck Seng (Nusa Bestari), thought we had a bargain then went to the shop there and saw a thousand ringgit difference. Same model, same freebies, same package and same country of manufacture and warranty(just in case) Now its really Keck Sim as wife was upset with me for paying more.

wow, then must check prices first before buying from K Seng.

Narmi

Alfrescian
Loyal

Wow such a big difference. What size is d tv chief n brand if i may ask?

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Everyone works hard for better quality of life, but there are things like 'luxury of space' which even many multi-millionaires in Sg can't afford to enjoy due to space constrain and sky-high prices in Sg. Personally, I'm glad that our neighbour Malaysia is creating a Iskandar Metropolis right beside Singapore. Iskandar offers everyone from Singapore, whether citizen or PR, a much higher standard of living while allowing us to continue making our bread and butter in Sg due to its close proximity(a hinterland for us).

Presently, S$3 million(RM7.5 million) can get you a newly completed terrace in AMK Ave 5(opposite an industrial estate where SeaGate is located). Yup, not a very good location and moreover, the environment right outside your own gate is far from nice. Even getting back home, or leaving home, is a problem when there is only one small lane left for cars going in both directions. And be prepared to fight for parking space with your neighbors everyday if you have 2 or 3 cars. See first 2 pics below(newly completed terraces at Seletar Green Walk).
68807_10151212846609667_1463636457_n.jpg

28742_10151212847444667_906764816_n.jpg

Luckily for most of us in Singapore, below is the kind of living quality and space which many of us can get in Iskandar, for just S$400k(RM1 million) or less presently.
44650_10151215892369667_66689712_n.jpg

546754_10151215892614667_1723498994_n.jpg

6367_10151215894754667_978671206_n.jpg

Note - All those cars above are not mine. Mine is a BMX bicycle :biggrin:

Last edited:

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Luckily for most of us in Singapore, below is the kind of living quality and space which many of us can get in Iskandar, for just S$400k(RM1 million) or less presently.

Bang, when i settle down in Msia, I got to tink like a Msian. So, imho, M$1,000,000.00 not cheap for average wage earner like me. Mahal ya.

Last edited:

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Bang, when i settle down in Msia, I got to tink like a Msian. So, imho, M$1,000,000.00 not cheap for average wage earner like me. Mahal ya.

Yes I fully agree with you Whoami. When we go there once in a while for holiday, we feel that things are more affordable(because we compare to Sg). When we live there and spend more time at any particular place, we'll naturally 'fine tune' to their local prices(because we compare prices locally). So I fully agree that RM1 mil is very expensive 'locally'.

To think of the above in a positive way - It is the price comparison between Singapore and Iskandar that will bring success, growth and wealth to Iskandar Region. Without this comparison and feel of affordability, Iskandar won't be a hinterland to Singapore. People in IRDA know this too well and thus their targeted market is international instead of just 'local' :smile:

mika14

Alfrescian
Loyal

Mingchye

Alfrescian
Loyal
I see a lot of young Malaysians speak English when ordering McDonalds even though theperson manni the counter is a Malay. it seems that young Malaysians nowadays prefer picking up English the Melayu. sa

No ah, this has been the case when we patronise fast food restaurants. Unless its a Malay eatery (nasi padang) or if the staff isnt too familiar with English. Use of english may be less common among non Malay Malaysians who go to the Chinese schools.

Malaysiaboleh

Alfrescian
Loyal
Everyone works hard for better quality of life, but there are things like 'luxury of space' which even many multi-millionaires in Sg can't afford to enjoy due to space constrain and sky-high prices in Sg. Personally, I'm glad that our neighbour Malaysia is creating a Iskandar Metropolis right beside Singapore. Iskandar offers everyone from Singapore, whether citizen or PR, a much higher standard of living while allowing us to continue making our bread and butter in Sg due to its close proximity(a hinterland for us).

Presently, S$3 million(RM7.5 million) can get you a newly completed terrace in AMK Ave 5(opposite an industrial estate where SeaGate is located). Yup, not a very good location and moreover, the environment right outside your own gate is far from nice. Even getting back home, or leaving home, is a problem when there is only one small lane left for cars going in both directions. And be prepared to fight for parking space with your neighbors everyday if you have 2 or 3 cars. See first 2 pics below(newly completed terraces at Seletar Green Walk).
68807_10151212846609667_1463636457_n.jpg

28742_10151212847444667_906764816_n.jpg

44650_10151215892369667_66689712_n.jpg

546754_10151215892614667_1723498994_n.jpg

6367_10151215894754667_978671206_n.jpg

Note - All those cars above are not mine. Mine is a BMX bicycle :biggrin:

A very good comparison Investor! This should speak volume of the quality of housing and life between the two lication. Thank you for sharing. Btw, which development is the bottom two pictures?

shctaw

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
When to City Square and have a cake with my daughter.

RM1.20 chocolate cake.....that is not possible in Singapore.

It is a blessing to be close proximity with JB.

Yes I fully agree with you Whoami. When we go there once in a while for holiday, we feel that things are more affordable(because we compare to Sg). When we live there and spend more time at any particular place, we'll naturally 'fine tune' to their local prices(because we compare prices locally). So I fully agree that RM1 mil is very expensive 'locally'.

To think of the above in a positive way - It is the price comparison between Singapore and Iskandar that will bring success, growth and wealth to Iskandar Region. Without this comparison and feel of affordability, Iskandar won't be a hinterland to Singapore. People in IRDA know this too well and thus their targeted market is international instead of just 'local' :smile:

Nusajaya

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Investor,

Great posting! It really brings out the value. Showed it to my wife, her jaw dropped. Your comparison was simply amazing.....

Didnt know how you did the enlarged picture which I know you shared that before. Perhaps you could post what one could have gotten with S$ 3mil !!

Cheers
N

No problem :smile: It's East Ledang.

Status
Not open for further replies.