• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 3 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DWKY9

Alfrescian
Loyal
New branch of Myunga has set up shop at the new shops opposite Jusco, rumours has it that it is better than even their earlier branch.
Certain brands of early childhood companies are going out here.
Other than a famous snack shop, other franchises aside from the K coffeshop are coming to set up shop here.
Rumour has it a HK developer is also keen to look at doing developments here.
Do hang on to industrial properties as prices may see an adjustment.

Please be reminded again that transactions of properties from Jan 1st onwards will require additional 5% RGPT tax on top of the existing tax. The RGPT will be based on the date of approval for buyers who are foreigners and not on stamping. One way one may get around this may be (if one is a foreigner as well) is to submit to the lawyer and use the previous state consent and ask your lawyer to follow up for you.

Do remember to keep and use receipts for allowable deductions.

Chief.. you mean on top of those stamping,legal, etc..etc on 1st Jan 2013 still got another additonal 5% ah? Siao liao la...

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Pekan Nanas has some choice land still available for sale. (mainly subsale though)
Nearer, there is a plot for industrial development along the Pasir Gudang Highway.
Unifi is now more widely available, even folks in some parts of Tebrau already has it.
Keck Seng (electrical store) is having some in store promotions.
Went to Hing Fuat and as usual got fobbed off. Service seems to have gone down. :(
Went to another favourite furniture shop located at the Skudai Giant (Izola) and mdm ong gave me
steep discount, a Malay gentleman who followed us into the shop to buy furniture was
amazed at the prices.

KSL holds regular car auction of recovered or accident claim cars at the open lot opposite
this Giant. Facing the main road, one of the furniture shops there have nice Bali style furniture
and pretty nice looking as well. In that same row but a separate furniture shop, they sell
foldable chairs that can be folded almost horizontally (good for old folks) are selling at a good price.

i-Save located at Giant Bukit Indah has some discounts on Asus laptops and pc.
Good adventure/hiking/kayaking/canoeing shop opened few months ago besides the China specialty shop,
they carry quite a good mix of equipment. Folks keen on equipping themself my find a lot of surpring
finds in the shop.
Pariss hotel recently cleaned up their area a bit and has put in a side road so that it is more accessible to the public
and patrons can park more easily.

The very large (and pretty nice) seafood restaurant located at Bukit Indah has also some ballroom/seminar facilities
for those who need it.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Chief.. you mean on top of those stamping,legal, etc..etc on 1st Jan 2013 still got another additonal 5% ah? Siao liao la...

Affects those selling only, buyers no worries as you are not affected. Apologies for my brief updates, just wanted to put in somethings to share while i continue to work.

tutucake

Alfrescian
Loyal
bro Wuqi,

May I know wads the implication for the homeowners if their developer has been taken over by the government?
P.S: ur mailbox is full

A large local developer may be taken over by the government soon.
This developer is also bidding on the HSR project.
There were recent rumours of another transportation project separate
from HSR.
Certain developers are going into non-residential properties now.
Mixed type of properties comprising of commercial or being near to Industrial
areas may become a norm.
Industrial or tech parks are being snapped up by new foreign groups in the
newer parts of Iskandar.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Certain local associations have continued like what they did in the past, to buy properties or land. They seem to be taking it more seriously now though and seemed to be more aggressive recently.

Certain developers have been asked to partner with foreigner developers. Looking good for these projects now.

Latest transacted price for a subsale Nusa Duta unit is now 790k.

For folks selling their properties, please be aware that a quick way to look at your property value or rather its land is to check out your Cukai Tanah which will include their assessment. Don't be surprise if it shows a very low figure though.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
bro Wuqi,

May I know wads the implication for the homeowners if their developer has been taken over by the government?
P.S: ur mailbox is full

Good and bad but normally it mean that it is harder to take action should the developer over promises but under delivers. With the current government support though and clamping down on renegade developers, this should not be an issue.

Even in the very unlikely event that another party takes over the running of Johore, there should be no issue as most wants to see Johore succeed. It is also in the interest of the some of the movers and shakers here <all praises to him> to see it succeed.

More signature news releases may be coming soon in the meantime. Some learned bros here should already know.

Apologies, i will clear it asap.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Folks who are looking to berth their boats/ships may be surprised (very pleasantly) by local rates (as of current)
Fireflies trips at Puteri Harbour has been cancelled for a while now. Good place to go is Kota Tinggi where there are lots of firefly watching areas. There is a post box in Puteri Harbour lobby area for those who are keen.

There is a NZ chap in Puteri Harbour looking to share his yacht with others. 3 berths if i recall correctly.

avelc

Alfrescian
Loyal
Even former critics of Johor property market are going in. One group bought the shophouses at 1 Tebrau (leasehold!!!), and the hotel rooms too! For the latter, these were marked up to above 500k RM with rebate given to buyers.

If i have a spare 5-600k, i would buy a subsale terrace house that is G&G. If i have spare
900k, i would get a cluster. If i have another spare 1m-1.6m, i would buy a shop.

Taman Perling still have choice non G&G houses especially near the main school.
If one buys non G&G and is a corner unit, do get those anti-climb/anti-cut fences.

More developments happening at Desaru area but still not my personal cup of tea
at least for now.

Folks who like Desaru, do consider the Pulai resort or the Lotus one. The beaches
are generally cleaner than the public ones.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Ok, before i go. The DIY shop in Tesco has some very interesting gadgets such as a showerhead with an affixed LED lamp powered by dynamo action by the water coming out. Good for those rare moments when you are bathing at night and the power goes out.

Also, credit to Newbie2012 if i remember correctly for suggesting the door closing mechanism for the garbage door. There is a door closing mechanism that this DIY store is selling now and quite reasonably too. It can be modified for the garbage door i am pretty sure, just that need to drill through the aluminum to fix it.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Even former critics of Johor property market are going in. One group bought the shophouses at 1 Tebrau (leasehold!!!), and the hotel rooms too! For the latter, these were marked up to above 500k RM with rebate given to buyers.

Yes bro, 2 of them bypassed me and went to another friend to help them as they were too embarrassed to ask me. Another friend who i have asked more than 20 times to come in almost 5 years ago is starting to come in too.

The hotel Eurorich with the Platinum Bistro is going for about 11m MYR. if i recall correctly.

Shared wrong information with a good bro before though as i wasn't aware that Hotels though have certain tax waivers, do require a minimum level of investment so that was my bad.

SandySwee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Can Anyone tell me how much per foot run your cabinet maker charges you for your solid surface top. My contractor gave me quote for marble/granite, waterproof & heat resistance, about 250RM to 350RM. My bro installed solid surface just about 2 months ago and now has a ring imprint from heat from his hot pot. How much is cabinet per foot run? Thanks

MsTrii

Alfrescian
Loyal
Pekan Nanas has ......
Went to Hing Fuat and .....
KSL holds regular car auction.... one of the furniture shops there have nice Bali style furniture
.....separate furniture shop, ...
foldable chairs that can be folded almost horizontally (good for old folks) are selling at a good price.

i-Save located at Giant Bukit Indah has some discounts....
Pariss hotel recently cleaned up their area a bit and has put in a side road so that it is more accessible to the public
and patrons can park more easily. ....
The very large (and pretty nice) seafood restaurant located at Bukit Indah has also some ballroom/seminar facilities
for those who need it.

TQ for helpful tips n informative updates.

Grago

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ok, before i go. The DIY shop in Tesco has some very interesting gadgets such as a showerhead with an affixed LED lamp powered by dynamo action by the water coming out. Good for those rare moments when you are bathing at night and the power goes out.

Also, credit to Newbie2012 if i remember correctly for suggesting the door closing mechanism for the garbage door. There is a door closing mechanism that this DIY store is selling now and quite reasonably too. It can be modified for the garbage door i am pretty sure, just that need to drill through the aluminum to fix it.

Thank you for this update. I was looking for this door mech after it was posted, as I find that the garbage man tends to forget to close the garbage door after collection and it's annoying to see when I get back in the evening to see the door ajar...... (Also the other items of Infor......)

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Thank you for this update. I was looking for this door mech after it was posted, as I find that the garbage man tends to forget to close the garbage door after collection and it's annoying to see when I get back in the evening to see the door ajar...... (Also the other items of Infor......)

Glad to assist, DIY store always has a lot of good stuff including reasonably priced batteries for car remote, etc. :smile:

dragonlance

Alfrescian
Loyal
General updates:

Shops at Nusa Sentral sold out even before official launch.

Wuqi bro.... thank you so muh for the sharing as always... really glad to know Nusa Sentral shops are doing well. I have not called Sales Office to check since I bot. Would u alo know if there are any more more launches for Nusa Sentral shops? Thanks Thanks!

dragonlance

Alfrescian
Loyal
Boom town Charlie!!

SP Setia sold RM4.23bn worth of new properties, beating its ambitious FY12 target by 5%. The strong sales from the Klang Valley projects were not unexpected but a big eye-opener was SP Setia&rsquo;s RM1.35bn sales in Johor, which towers over the competition in Johor and indicates that the group is the biggest beneficiary of Iskandar Malaysia's take-off. Also surprising was the RM1,000 psf pricing for the group's condominium project in Johor Bahru, the highest ever in Johor state's capital. Tan Sri Liew is very bullish about Iskandar Malaysia and believes that it will be "boom town Charlie" for the next five years.

dragonlance

Alfrescian
Loyal
By Pauline Ng in Kuala Lumpur Dec. 13 (Business Times) -- MALAYSIA'S realtors expect prices for residential properties to either increase or remain stagnant next year, but a decline is unlikely because lenders and borrowers have adjusted to stricter lending rules. In popular mature locations where housing stock is scarce, a price rise is almost inevitable, said the Malaysian Institute of Estate Agents (MIEA). Indeed, there are concerns that there will not be enough listings next year (in the secondary market), Reapfied Properties chief executive Gerrard Kho said, noting that transactions have picked up in the last quarter and the momentum is expected to continue into the coming year. "I think the property market is only starting to move now in 2012," he said. His company expects to have a record month in November after a slow first half. This, Mr Kho said, was because banks, buyers and sellers have a better idea of how to deal with new guidelines instituted over the past year to cool the market and have adjusted their expectations. While the holding power of most owners continues to be strong, those who price their properties close to market value will be able to sell them more quickly, sometimes within days, said Mr Kho at a 2013 property outlook briefing by the MIEA yesterday. Market watchers are keeping their eyes peeled on Johor, where new projects with an estimated gross development value (GDV) of some RM46 billion (S$18.4 billion) were announced last week, due to increasing interest in the southern state's economic zone, Iskandar Malaysia. Zerin Properties chief executive Previndran Singhe pointed to the growing number of local and foreign developers making a beeline for Iskandar, including Hong Kong-listed Country Garden Holdings Ltd, which has plans for a waterfront development with an estimated GDV of RM18 billion. "We have more breadth (of developers) now in the market." He believes the proposed RM3.5 billion Motorsports City Complex by Singapore billionaire Peter Lim would "attract the rich and famous to use Iskandar Malaysia as a playground". Rahim & Co's Loo Kung Hee expects the recent developments to boost property prices in Iskandar, and predicts a 10-20 per cent jump in residential prices next year in the high-end segment. Other segments, such as commercial, shop-lots, and industrial, are expected to perform well, too. Luxury properties in the primary market enjoyed a 20-30 per cent jump in prices last year, while the secondary market's rise was more muted at about a tenth, he said. Despite the rapid climb in prices - which have hit over RM1,000 per square foot for some condominium projects - prices are still much lower than in Singapore, he said. "Singapore investors are now very confident about the Johor market. Lately the response to commercial properties has been like hot cakes." Copyright 2012 Singapore Press Holdings -0- Dec/13/2012 00:31 GMT

Kentang

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi All,
been a fan of this thread and lurk on the forum for sometime now for resource on property in msia, just want to say hi to all bros & sistah here

Status
Not open for further replies.