• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 3 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Always believe in u reap what u sow.

When u give(charitable), u never know it may come back in two fold (rewards).

Very true, give with no expectation of any returns. I have seen folks who gave until they had to walk home or skip lunches
as their own wallets were empty.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
How to tell which development is a Legal G&G with landed strata title ? Is it stated in the S&P ?

During the purchase process, the documents will be a give away. Any that has DMC (Deed of Mutural Covenant) is not a strata title.
There are pros and cons to this which have been discussed pretty early on.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
HI my fellow brother Investor,

The best are those Malaysians who stay in ulu places or kampong and plan to retire there. Example Teluk Intan, Batu Pahat etc.

They work in Singapore and maybe even got private properties. They buy up a few semis or bungalows in iskandar.

After ten years, they can sell off all their spore and iskandar properties and with about RM20million in their pocket, retire back to their kampong which cost just RM50k.

Real jealous of them.

They are really smart and you can always follow their footsteps as well later on in life and retire happily. I know of a few who are doing that but in Iskandar as their own kampong is too far back for their liking. They may still move back though towards the later parts of their lives. Good to retire with dignity and happiness in their sunset years, not working until one collapses.

I read with sadness recently about the old lady who worked until she literally fell dead.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
I will never forget the pitiful and ernest look from her face while i was strolling away, she was so thankful of my gesture. Now whenever i walked past that same area, she was not there anymore. I seriously hope she has earned enough to rest at home.

Giving whatever you have with you, is really a good deed. Kudos to you. Never hesitate when doing a good deed because the opportunity to do so may vanish quickly with time. The person still standing before you may no longer be there tomorrow.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Everyone has their own preferences. For me, if I have SGD20 mil, I will not stay in a Kampung.

I like nice living environment, designer decor home, supercars, penthouse, marina homes right beside the sea with yacht, good food etc. In short, all the finer things in life. Yah of course the frugal ones will be frowning with distaste now but I don't live my life by other people's standard.

Such a character might appear to be atas and uncaring but you are wrong. I consider myself quite kind hearted. I always pity those poor and handicap/blind people who struggle to make a living by moving around selling tissues or other stuffs, or old man who still need to work as toilet cleaner, or poor ones from 3rd world countries who need to go abroad to work and be separated from their family just to make that few hundred dollars for their family at home.

As long as they are not lazy and they are willing to work, I'm willing to help them with my few dollars. I never fail to buy tissue from every handicap tissue-seller with my little $2 each although they sell for $1. Also $2 for those blind ones who sing and perform at bus/MRT interchange. RM5 tip for those Thai massage aunties in Johor. My max. So far was S$10 for such poor strangers. Of course many here donates much more to charity organizations which dwarf my few dollars. I believe more in helping those poor ones directly as their smiles of appreciation never fail to make my day.

Having good taste and appreciating the finer things in life is not wrong IMHO as long as one is living within ones means. I have seen very rich but frugal people living their lives as if destitute.

Charity begins at home so its good to always help people we see in the streets. Donating to charity organisation is good but on top of donating this way, helping out folks out in the street is also good although i avoid those i see as syndicate types. Many of the aunties and uncles still do not accept charity though as they have pride and prefer to work themselves.

Hats off to certain aunties in Singapore who still goes around HDB 1 room flats distributing money and food. We don't need to go far to begin helping out others.

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal
So for those who blame Singkie for anything, you will forever blame Singkie because until now you have not buy anything.. If you have bought some property, you will love Singkie and hope they will drive up the prices.. However you will be disappointed and forever finding someone to blame due to your indecisiveness... and the truth is, you should blame yourself..and please look at yourself in the mirror..

You are presented with facts that the rich Singaporeans are not here yet.. What you see here are the poor ones or the kacium puthey number of poor Singaporeans who can't afford the 1m HDB..

My exact sentiment!

MsTrii

Alfrescian
Loyal
......... helping out folks out in the street is also good although i avoid those i see as syndicate types.......

Hats off to all kind hearted folks here but yes, we need to excercise wisdom when doing charity esp in busy town areas. Once I gave some cash to a scrawny looking woman all in tattered clothes who was sitting under the hot sun on a busy overhead pedestrain bridge in Penang. She was nursing her equally scrawny baby n there were 2 other small scruffy kids clinging to her.Very, very pitiful sight n many too passed her a few bucks. Few mornings later I was in town rather early n was dumbfounded to see same family spilling out of a taxi n then cooly strolling to stage the 'drama' .:mad:

Then again ,for truly genuine cases plz do your bit to ease our fellowmen....."I may pass this way but once ,if there is any good that I can do, let me do it now or never for I may never pass this way again ...."

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
where is the exact place ?

http://www.propertyguru.com.my/prop...ood in Iskandar Malaysia to boost TV industry

Pinewood Iskandar Malaysia Studios is set to contribute RM2.2 billion to Malaysia's film and television industry, said Information Communications and Culture Minister Datuk Seri Dr Rais Yatim.

Expected to be completed in May 2013, the studio will significantly boost the growth of Malaysia's film industry players.

"Pinewood Iskandar Malaysia Studios is our venture into the world of film and television equipment and post-production," said Rais, adding that the country's film and television industry will become more sophisticated thanks to the studio.

The facilities at Pinewood Iskandar Malaysia Studio will be utilised by local industry players and those from other countries in Asia.

Meanwhile, Tushar Jain, Director of New Delhi-based BTC Tours & Travel, claimed that the new theme parks in Iskandar Malaysia may not be that appealing to Indians, who are more familiar with Universal Studios Singapore.

"There's hardly been any promotions in India for Legoland, Sanrio Hello Kitty Town and The Little Big Club," he said.

"Secondly, the parks in Iskandar are aimed at young children, whereas Universal Studios Singapore caters to all ages. From a business perspective, it makes more sense for us to bring clients just to Universal Studios when they visit Singapore."

Leo Chan, Marketing Manager at Charlotte Travel, also opined that tourists from Hong Kong may see little sense in visiting Johor unless "they were die-hard Hello Kitty or Lego fans".

"When Hong Kong tourists visit Singapore, they stay for only four days. They do not want to visit more than one theme park (besides Universal Studios) during that time, especially if they have to travel out of Singapore. However, they might hop over to Johor on subsequent trips," he noted.

Dennis Law, Managing Director at Star Holiday Mart (Singapore), is also doubtful whether Iskandar theme parks can attract visitors from outside Malaysia and Singapore, claiming that there are not enough tourism infrastructures in the region.

He added that cost is another factor to consider, but if the theme parks "band together to develop value-for-money packages, they might just be able to draw visitors from Singapore and other parts of Malaysia."

Hongqigong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ha ha, that is why pinewood is there to film war movies..
Disneyland has live firework, legoland feature live firing, not bad not bad..

I wanted to post this for a long time. The impact of live firing will surely be a major talking news in iskandar and those condos in puteri harbour. Over the past weekends sometimes i do hear GPMG and some live firing even though i am in HH. If I can hear in HH, i suppose those living in PH next time will have problems adjusting. And the fact is that they cannot complain cos its out of their juri.

Imagine you are sleeping like a pig in your RM6million penthouse in Imperia when live machine guns shots erupted through the atmosphere. And when you look out into Singapore you see LIVE firing exercises going on

I have checked the singapore map and found that the singapore coast opp PH are restricted area. And PH is barely 500m away from these live firing area. Singapore residents stay quite far off as from the map, Tengah area is as big as an estate and no one is staying there. Somemore, spore residents nearest to the zone is probably 5 km away and spore has plenty of HDB to block off the bombardment.

Trust me, this could be a potential conflict and i dont think the malaysia Pm will ever ask Singapore PM to move their live firing somewhere can he? I cant imagine this. Imperia condo shakes each time a shot is fired. Imagine if they throw some bombs during the exercise too? I cant wait to see the show ahead

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
Rich or not isnt the point. We are seeking an alternative home to Sinkieland...

Well said. It's also abt value for money when u consider iskandar properties to Singapore's..... That's for value conscious singaporeans (read: stingy) who may be earning 5 figures.... Even with 5 figure salaries, it is near impossible to own a semi-d in singapore now.....

Mingchye

Alfrescian
Loyal
During the purchase process, the documents will be a give away. Any that has DMC (Deed of Mutural Covenant) is not a strata title.
There are pros and cons to this which have been discussed pretty early on.

Which are the strata-titled GnG developments in Nusajaya? EL and HH?

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Which are the strata-titled GnG developments in Nusajaya? EL and HH?

Its mainly some in Leisure Farm, etc. Not EL or HH to the best of my knowledge. They have a different set of documents aside from the standard S&P.

kopikong99

Alfrescian
Loyal
Always believe in u reap what u sow.

When u give(charitable), u never know it may come back in two fold (rewards).

Gotta be far-sighted and start sowing good seeds. The good seeds in time to come will be a tree with good fruits. Then you and your children will enjoy good fruits.

Why some ppl fees that in their later part of their life, got so many problems not realising that they are reaping what they have sown.

God cannot be mocked - we will reap what we have sown.

This forum has been always a good read with many helpful postings and looking out for one another.

Nice!!

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Hats off to all kind hearted folks here but yes, we need to excercise wisdom when doing charity esp in busy town areas. Once I gave some cash to a scrawny looking woman all in tattered clothes who was sitting under the hot sun on a busy overhead pedestrain bridge in Penang. She was nursing her equally scrawny baby n there were 2 other small scruffy kids clinging to her.Very, very pitiful sight n many too passed her a few bucks. Few mornings later I was in town rather early n was dumbfounded to see same family spilling out of a taxi n then cooly strolling to stage the 'drama' .:mad:

Then again ,for truly genuine cases plz do your bit to ease our fellowmen....."I may pass this way but once ,if there is any good that I can do, let me do it now or never for I may never pass this way again ...."

Its sad, thats why i don't mind giving more to real cases than syndicate ones. Just realised your moniker is still a mystery. :smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.