• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 3 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

arsenal

Alfrescian
Loyal
If you talk to bank loan officers or read the forums, you are sure the buyers are mostly Malaysia SPRs.. Many Singaporeans are not here yet.. Similarly many KL Tai Gors are not here yet as well..

If Singaporeans are welling to pay S$1M for an HDB or S$40M for a Sentosa Cove, you think we still got chance to buy anything?

It does make perfect sense for expatriates (likely senior/upper management only) to buy and live here in JB and commute to SG since they will enjoy greater utility for the price.

My concern is the herd instinct/mentality of Singaporeans on reading such published articles and flood the market, driving up prices artificially in the hopes of making a quick profit (now with the measures in place on capital gains tax, will likely reduce such occurrences) and depriving those who actually wish to own a home in JB.

alnine

Alfrescian
Loyal
If you talk to bank loan officers or read the forums, you are sure the buyers are mostly Malaysia SPRs.. Many Singaporeans are not here yet.. Similarly many KL Tai Gors are not here yet as well..

If Singaporeans are welling to pay S$1M for an HDB or S$40M for a Sentosa Cove, you think we still got chance to buy anything?

Agree. Many Singaporeans are still concern about investing in JB.

alnine

Alfrescian
Loyal

kopikong99

Alfrescian
Loyal
Gents,

Someone has already posted this previously if i remember correctly but anyway here it is again:

http://www.theedgemalaysia.com/prop...rice-rise-not-due-to-foreigners-says-mpi.html

Property price rise not due to foreigners, says MPI

Property
Written by Bernama
Tuesday, 04 September 2012 16:34
0 8
A + / A - / Reset

KUALA LUMPUR (Sept 4): It is only a perception that foreigners influence the rising property prices in Malaysia, as they are involved in a very small percentage of property transactions, says the Malaysia Property Incorporated (MPI).

She said overall for Malaysia, prices started rising after 2009, going up 6.7% and 9.9% in 2010 and 2011 respectively.
"We should not actually label the foreign buyers as foreigners. The main foreign buyers are actually Malaysia My Second
Home buyers, expatriates and diasporas.

"The large percentage of foreign owners from Johor are likely to be the Malaysian diaspora residing in Singapore," she said.
Loh said higher property prices have very little to do with foreigners but instead are due to such factors as supply, shortage of
prime land, rising building material costs, all-time low lending rate since 2006 as well as speculative activities in the local
property industry. — Bernama

I hope this answers your question, especially the underlined and highlighted part.

The reverse is true for Singapore though.

Top foreigner buyers in Singapore are actually from Malaysia.
http://www.propertylaunchguru.com/singapore-properties-top-foreign-buyers-from-malaysia/

http://sg.news.yahoo.com/chinese-no...perty-buyers-singapore-044958449--sector.html

Hey Wuqi,

Very true. Facts and figures do not lie.

I have been observing the Property scene for a long many years in SG and have bought /sell to stay ahead of the curve.

I have many colleagues from M'sia with PR status who are professional and they are very shrewd with property investment. I have a SPR accountant colleague who jumps in and bought a private condo in Newton areas when prices are low, aro $700psf cos they knows that buying property in Sg is a good investment as Sg is land scarce and the gov controls land prices. Also many SPR bought resale HDB when prices are low and are now sitting on big fat profits whereas many of my Sg relatives, friends and colleague are either slow, bound by gov restriction and missed the mrt, bus and boat. Now most of these SPR have cashed out some of the profits and re-investing in JB Iskandar. Just because Sgorean buys JB houses to retires or to enjoy cheaper cost of livings, some locals are saying that Prices are driven up by Sgporeans. In fact when I talk to many relatives, friends and colleagues, they have horror stories of their experience with their buying house in JB and flip-flop policy. Most Sgporeans are very cautious to buy more than one property.

I also have friend from KL who profited from high prices in KL who have moved down to JB to take advantage of the wide differential in prices between the 2 cities.

So to the person who complains that Sgporeans drive up the prices because he dare not take any risks and only when prices shoot up because most of the big projects /infrastructures came on stream and makes it attractive to investors, there is no such thing as high returns no risks. You wants the cherries, others also wants too, so why you so special?

contra

Alfrescian
Loyal
By the way I hardly see true-blue bumi buyers in Horizon Hills. Along the most altas jalan ( ampang 1 ) I think not a single one. I know of a few bumis buying houses in Golf though. However they are not muslims.. actually SPR working in Singapore. Also not Chinese even though they look like Chinese. In Spore there are actually bumis from Malaysia working as lawyers or doctors.

i hope you are not mistaking Burmese for bumis. Bumis are the sons of the earth in Malaysia, very privileged group. Burmese on the other hand eat a lot of bamboo .

The bumis you see in Horizon Hills tend to be royalty, politicians, successful business people, and of course the upper middle class ones.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hey Wuqi,

Very true. Facts and figures do not lie.

I have been observing the Property scene for a long many years in SG and have bought /sell to stay ahead of the curve.

I have many colleagues from M'sia with PR status who are professional and they are very shrewd with property investment. I have a SPR accountant colleague who jumps in and bought a private condo in Newton areas when prices are low, aro $700psf cos they knows that buying property in Sg is a good investment as Sg is land scarce and the gov controls land prices. Also many SPR bought resale HDB when prices are low and are now sitting on big fat profits whereas many of my Sg relatives, friends and colleague are either slow, bound by gov restriction and missed the mrt, bus and boat. Now most of these SPR have cashed out some of the profits and re-investing in JB Iskandar. Just because Sgorean buys JB houses to retires or to enjoy cheaper cost of livings, some locals are saying that Prices are driven up by Sgporeans. In fact when I talk to many relatives, friends and colleagues, they have horror stories of their experience with their buying house in JB and flip-flop policy. Most Sgporeans are very cautious to buy more than one property.

I also have friend from KL who profited from high prices in KL who have moved down to JB to take advantage of the wide differential in prices between the 2 cities.

So to the person who complains that Sgporeans drive up the prices because he dare not take any risks and only when prices shoot up because most of the big projects /infrastructures came on stream and makes it attractive to investors, there is no such thing as high returns no risks. You wants the cherries, others also wants too, so why you so special?

Yeah I know of single Malaysian SPRs who bought HDB flat in their twenties under sibling scheme and sitting on huge profits now while single Singaporeans have no chance at all under the regulation.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal

Someone mentioned before just look at the list of members who own properties in JB and the ones with multiple properties are mostly Malaysians.

Hongqigong

Alfrescian
Loyal
So for those who blame Singkie for anything, you will forever blame Singkie because until now you have not buy anything.. If you have bought some property, you will love Singkie and hope they will drive up the prices.. However you will be disappointed and forever finding someone to blame due to your indecisiveness... and the truth is, you should blame yourself..and please look at yourself in the mirror..

You are presented with facts that the rich Singaporeans are not here yet.. What you see here are the poor ones or the kacium puthey number of poor Singaporeans who can't afford the 1m HDB..

contra

Alfrescian
Loyal

bro arsenal,

I will agree. This has got to be true. Otherwise the foreign quota would have been maxed out long ago in most G&G developments in Nusajaya..

The tide is starting to change though. Suddenly this week , Singaporean office colleagues start to talk about investing in Iskandar at lunch. This is the first time it has become the main topic of discussion. The Sunday article of expats doing it has changed perceptions....

Maybe is a complex conspiracy to drive out foreigners from Singapore.... ;P. but those who have vested interest here got reasons to smile.

2bFree

Alfrescian
Loyal
Are you referring to the chance to buy in SG or in JB? I have no means to pay for a SGD40mil bungalow, heck even a SGD1mil HDB flat which is why I am here in JB coupled with other factors as well. Regardless I am not bothered if the property rises in value since I am treating it as a home and not an investment vehicle.

I take with a huge pinch of salt what I read in forums and I have no opportunity to talk to bank officers as well since I don't subscribe to the leveraging principle on personal grounds and experience.

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
bro arsenal,

I will agree. This has got to be true. Otherwise the foreign quota would have been maxed out long ago in most G&G developments in Nusajaya..

The tide is starting to change though. Suddenly this week , Singaporean office colleagues start to talk about investing in Iskandar at lunch. This is the first time it has become the main topic of discussion. The Sunday article of expats doing it has changed perceptions....

Maybe is a complex conspiracy to drive out foreigners from Singapore.... ;P. but those who have vested interest here got reasons to smile.

I'm not smiling though. I regret that I've bought too few. Darn!

So many Malaysians(SPRs or not) have bought their properties in Johor in the past few years, many are now hoping that more Singaporeans will come and help to push up their property prices and make them rich(of course except those who haven't buy). Those who are vested will welcome us with red carpet, those who are not vested will curse and swear. That's life, you can't make everyone happy.

arsenal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Are you referring to the chance to buy in SG or in JB? I have no means to pay for a SGD40mil bungalow, heck even a SGD1mil HDB flat which is why I am here in JB coupled with other factors as well. Regardless I am not bothered if the property rises in value since I am treating it as a home and not an investment vehicle.

I take with a huge pinch of salt what I read in forums and I have no opportunity to talk to bank officers as well since I don't subscribe to the leveraging principle on personal grounds and experience.

If you want to love Singaporeans, buy another investment property.. Then you will pray more singaporeans will come.. Unfortunately so far you only manage to get the poor ones like us... Those rich one will not come..and are too scared to come over...it is already in their brain that here is a cowboy town.. Moreover in Singapore there are unlimited supply of cheap foreign labours to service them.. And there are tonnes of rules to welcome them and make the happy..

However if you want to be financially free, buy properties in a growing place..so that you can be free one day.

Foreigners come and make money easily from the singapore public housing... Singaporean will not buy and compete with locals here for the public housing.. I have never made a cent from HDB..and if I want to complain, I ll blame the govt and not the foreigners.. Foreigners are welcome to buy private properties in Singapore. If you don't love Singaporeans because you have no vested interests, do remember many vested SPRs love us a lot..

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Sorry, I might have misinterpreted what you meant. From what you said above, do you mean that people should buy properties with full cash instead of getting a loan(as in leveraging)?

alnine

Alfrescian
Loyal

The banker who did my loan told me he comes to Singapore often for home loan. But that day he was here to meet me had 2 others who are SPRs. One was a house wife whose hubby was in China. As I said most Singaporeans at least in my circle still have lots of concerns with JB.

wiseguy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Investor,

Same here. Would have load in more if I had the means and more equity. :smile:

I'm not smiling though. I regret that I've bought too few. Darn!

So many Malaysians(SPRs or not) have bought their properties in Johor in the past few years, many are now hoping that more Singaporeans will come and help to push up their property prices and make them rich(of course except those who haven't buy). Those who are vested will welcome us with red carpet, those who are not vested will curse and swear. That's life, you can't make everyone happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.