• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 3 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mingchye

Alfrescian
Loyal
STOMPer GeneralStomp says security staff at newly-opened Legoland Malaysia tried to force him to delete pictures he had taken of a train that derailed during his visit.

In these scenarios, best recourse is to complain to the LegoLand's senior management.

Real-life experience - Ex colleague of mine had a bad experience at the Sentosa cable car where his family's complaints about a potential safety incident was largely ignored by the people on the ground. He decided to email the Sentosa's top management (names obtained from the sentosa website), and the management apologised and commenced an investigation to look into the issue. The issue was subsequently rectified.

Imo, the stomper should write to LL Malaysia's senior management to complain about this. They would surely take action.

TrulyAsia

Alfrescian
Loyal
Agree with you because Setia should say "fully booked" and not "sold out", quite misleading but that can only trick the rookies :p
Obviously, Setia's marketing strategy is to hype and lure more undecided buyers to commit soonest possible as they launch subsequent blocks.

Hi TrulyAsia:

I agree that this is definitely a Gray Area, and if most of the 'buyers' have agreed to the terms, they may most likely not argue much for the lost RM 1000.

But the point I am trying to make is whether the following statement by the SP Setia executive, and the hype around this, hold credibility:

"All the international units were sold out during the short five-day preview."

I am sure many would disagree, but in my view if it is based an 'option to buy' that costs only RM 1000, this is a bold statement. A commitment for RM 1000 (SGD 400) is not not enough to hold anyone's foot to the fire.

Dont get me wrong, as an investor in Iskandar, I am happy to see a development sell out fast. This clearly demonstrates the rising interest in the region overall. That said, I would rather see such statements made on solid grounds.

Last edited:

TrulyAsia

Alfrescian
Loyal
Oh dear, this is very bad.
Safety comes first, every life is important and reputation should not be their only concern.
Delay the opening if necessary, rather be safe than sorry.

View attachment 6386

STOMPer GeneralStomp says security staff at newly-opened Legoland Malaysia tried to force him to delete pictures he had taken of a train that derailed during his visit.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
------------
Hi Ginfreely, got it it will be cleaned up, left that part out.

Last edited by a moderator:

Newbie2012

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi TrulyAsia:

But the point I am trying to make is whether the following statement by the SP Setia executive, and the hype around this, hold credibility:

"All the international units were sold out during the short five-day preview."

I am sure many would disagree, but in my view if it is based an 'option to buy' that costs only RM 1000, this is a bold statement. A commitment for RM 1000 (SGD 400) is not not enough to hold anyone's foot to the fire.

Dont get me wrong, as an investor in Iskandar, I am happy to see a development sell out fast. This clearly demonstrates the rising interest in the region overall. That said, I would rather see such statements made on solid grounds.

Setia seems to be going "BIG" on marketing tactics and effort to sell its properties. I note that it is the only Malaysian developer so far to have go into advertising on Singapore TV. It seems it using every possible marketting strategy to sell it properties to Singaporeans.

If it is declaring its properties as sold out based on a commitment of $1000 deposit, its reputation is gonna suffer heavily when people realized that there are still many unsold units because investors have decided to back out after the actual price of the units is confirmed. We should also be careful ourselves not to be too eager to be used as part of Setia con marketing strategy least our reputation here would also take a beat.

Serenity

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://ehome.kpkt.gov.my/en/main.php?Content=vertsections&SubVertSectionID=105&VertSectionID=17&CurLocation=16&IID=&Page=1

This is extract from Malaysia Ministry of Housing and Local Government.

"""First Payment

10% of house price
Buyers must sign the SPA at the time of first payment

The date of Payment Receipt must be the same with the SPA.
Warning:
Developers are not allowed to collect any payments :
Without a Sale and Purchase Agreement;

Installments to developers which are not supported by a certificate signed by the Architect or qualified Engineer."""""

Please check with your lawyer whether it is true.

Last edited:

Newbie2012

Alfrescian
Loyal
Oh dear, this is very bad.
Safety comes first, every life is important and reputation should not be their only concern.
Delay the opening if necessary, rather be safe than sorry.

Ok, after seeing this, I am not gonna let myself and my family members visit Legoland this year. Will wait and keep a keen eye for any news on Legoland after its opening till end of the year to decide whether to pay them a visit next year. :o

contra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Talking about convictions on a friday night....

Next Wednesday after visiting Queenstown, Kate Middleton will be go to Nusajaya to officially open her old school - Marlborough College

....Then maybe to Habib for teh tarik & fluffy roti.

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Talking about convictions on a friday night....

Next Wednesday after visiting Queenstown, Kate Middleton will be go to Nusajaya to officially open her old school - Marlborough College
J

....Then maybe to Habib for teh tarik & fluffy roti.

I thought someone posted a news saying that she will be skipping Nusajaya and going to KL?

Narmi

Alfrescian
Loyal
Setia seems to be going "BIG" on marketing tactics and effort to sell its properties. I note that it is the only Malaysian developer so far to have go into advertising on Singapore TV. It seems it using every possible marketting strategy to sell it properties to Singaporeans.

Fyi if u r Premier League football supporter n observant u will also notice that SPSetia also advertise on the most watched football league in the world. That must hv cost a bomb.

contra

Alfrescian
Loyal
I thought someone posted a news saying that she will be skipping Nusajaya and going to KL?

they did not say skip. they just conveniently omitted to say ...

surelah they want to distract attention of the public so they have less security hassle and no crowd at 2nd link.

you know that Marlborough College kids coming from SG daily get through the CIQs without needing to get down the school bus? If they can do that for kids of that school, it does not take the leap of imagination what they can do for her, future queen of england.

Last edited:

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Quite disappointed with this news. Have been looking forward to her visit....

"...the Duchess of Cambridge, Princess Catherine, would not be attending the college's opening because she would be making an official visit to Kuala Lumpur after Singapore with her husband Prince William in conjunction with the Queen Elizabeth II diamond jubilee celebrations."

http://thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=/2012/8/25/nation/11914268&sec=nation

surelah they want to distract attention of the public so they have less security hassle and no crowd at 2nd link.

you know that Marlborough College kids coming from SG daily get through the CIQs without needing to get down the school bus? If they can do that for kids of that school, it does not take the leap of imagination what they can do for her, future queen of england.

Found that it was austin_hts post quoted above.

Newbie2012

Alfrescian
Loyal
Fyi if u r Premier League football supporter n observant u will also notice that SPSetia also advertise on the most watched football league in the world. That must hv cost a bomb.

If that is the case, in order to cover their huge marketing cost, someone will have to pay for it right? So I wouldn't be surprise that the complaints in this forum are hard truths - that Setia building quality is not so good as compared to others. They either will have to sell much higher than others or they will have to save on construction material and workmanship cost.

siacw

Alfrescian
Loyal

If not wrong Setia have some project in the UK. it make sence for them to advertise in the premier league.

Hondacrv

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi bro,

Its on the news. She is not coming to iskandar. What a disappointment. Imagine the M college took some photos of her gracing the opening and when she became Queen of England in some years time, M college will be much more famous

Hondacrv

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ok, after seeing this, I am not gonna let myself and my family members visit Legoland this year. Will wait and keep a keen eye for any news on Legoland after its opening till end of the year to decide whether to pay them a visit next year. :o

I wont be visiting legoland until after CNY next year at least. The safety issue is one thing and i dont not want to sqeeuze with the massive crowd. Whenever i drive past their vast carpark back home under the scorching sun, i cannot imagine myself parking there and walking into Legoland with my family. Lets hope they can do somethg like wht Jusco is doing. At least some shades or mist to cool the place

melodysoul

Alfrescian
Loyal
Please ignore
cos i saw an earlier post by a forumer who said he providing transport

Btw can ask e seniors here if got lobang for
Transport from SG to Msia
Install Alarm & CCTV
Painting Job

Also want to seek advise:
I contacted 1 alarm installation guy recommended here
He is Alvin. His charge is 1700 RM for alarm sytem and 4200 RM for alarm + CCTV
Is this price okay?

Thank you

The posts here are really fast .. in JB3 already 40 plus pages. i spent an hr browsing e 40 pages
wow.. some nice forumers share a no of information
really nice of them:smile:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.