• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 2 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Icyraine

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think someone asked me about the project name of that island along coastal highway few weeks ago, all bungalow with a bridge. It's called the "Danga Island". From the video animation, seems like it's reserved for the rich and famous. Last i checked 1 year ago, minimum 4m and above.

[video=youtube;JrnhWLQzWe0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JrnhWLQzWe0&feature=related[/video]

Last edited:

Nusajaya

Alfrescian
Loyal
Woo...juz the 5th day....now oreidi 25 pages!

Definitely Good Thread!

Tks again WuQi!:p

Some amazing facts:

Wuqi started the original thread on 20/8/09 - Page 1. Guess what, Page 24 only appears on 29/4/10. Meaning, it took 8 months to do 24 pages when Wuqi first started it and you guys just did 25 pages less than a week (before the weekend start).

I only hope this speed equates to the activities and excitements that are happening around Iskandar would be great!

If you have a chance to re-visit those earlier threads (in 2009), you will be smiling at some of those naysayers' comments ( V adventurous, Good Luck, I wont get near to JB, not a good idea at all, too risky, too expensive, etc). In one of those threads, Wuqi said he bought a Semi D at HH at RM 800k! If he says that today, I am sure we will all ask him, where ahhhh. Today, some of us already get so edgie about the RM 600k terrace house at HH......

Well, that's life isnt it....We have to live it forward but only understands it backwards. So, what are you waiting for?? Live, invest and enjoy lahhh. Cheers.

Nusajaya

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thats good to hear, when i visited on monday, i felt that there was an oversupply and a lack of demand. We were a bit concerned, on whether there was a take up rate or not(for rental)

I certainly concur with Wuqi's comment.

You will need to asses what's upcoming (eg. Legoland, Hello Kitty, Marlborough, Uni Newcastle, Maritime, Puteri Harbour, Medini, etc.). You can also wait until the demand starts appearing but the prices would have adjusted accordingly too. It's all a matter of risk premium that you will be paid or paying for. Remember, this is the tipping point year...

gskalra

Alfrescian
Loyal
I certainly concur with Wuqi's comment.

You will need to asses what's upcoming (eg. Legoland, Hello Kitty, Marlborough, Uni Newcastle, Maritime, Puteri Harbour, Medini, etc.). You can also wait until the demand starts appearing but the prices would have adjusted accordingly too. It's all a matter of risk premium that you will be paid or paying for. Remember, this is the tipping point year...

That's fair, but what amazed me is that there are soooo many developments. HH is not even 1/3 developed. Its nice cause i wanna stay, but just wanna make sure, if can buy for investment, then there are people who are renting. If can hold for 10 years then will be different story, hopefully should have enough demand by then.

The plan for Iskandar is to have 3.5million people by 2025. If it goes up then shiok man...
But if now already got people renting, then will be really good also

pasture8

Alfrescian
Loyal
bridge.jpg

something the 2 cities can learn from Denmark and Sweden.

Sweden didn't want a bride, they wanted an underground tunnel, then Denmark wanted a bridge, but not an underground tunnel. That's how the bridge ended. Half bridge, half underground.

The Øresund Bridge crosses the border between Denmark and Sweden, but in accordance with the Schengen Agreement and the Nordic Passport Union, there are usually no passport inspections. There are random customs checks at the entrance toll booths for entering Sweden, but not for entering Denmark.

Crown Prince Frederik of Denmark and Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden met midway across the bridge-tunnel to celebrate its completion on 14 August 1999. Its official dedication took place on 1 July 2000, with Queen Margrethe II, and King Carl XVI Gustaf as the host and hostess of the ceremony.

The Øresund Bridge received the 2002 IABSE Outstanding Structure Award.

bridge1.jpg

Mind blowing ! They can really think out of the box !

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Just received this sms;

Project called "The Marina View"
Launching in Singapore for 3 days fri sat and Sunday at the Hilton by DTZ Charmian Project called "The Marina View"
On right hand side of causeway link looking across the waters at the
sembawang coast of Singapore across the Straits of Singapore
condo units ranging from
1151sq ft two beds to 2440 4 beds delux
2 tower blks both have sea view and Johor city views
Penthouses and super pent sold out
Price from S$287
So 2 beds 1151 starts from
RM 800k
Attraction : most reasonable sea front condo
Singapore developer with Singapore standards
Please come for coffee

lastresort

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just received this sms;

Launching in Singapore for 3 days fri sat and Sunday at the Hilton by DTZ Charmian Project called "The Marina View"
condo units ranging from
Price from S$287
RM 800k
Please come for coffee

great info, interesting price. Will definitely check this out! =) It is featured in today's business times as well. =)

definitely pushing highrise prices to the limit, will be interesting to see how Sinapore standard it can get.

Icyraine

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just received this sms;

condo units ranging from
Price from S$287
RM 800k
Please come for coffee

Investor, this one is on the Sg side? there is another one with the same name located on JB side right? Any web link or more info about this project?

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Investor, this one is on the Sg side? there is another one with the same name located on JB side right? Any web link or more info about this project?

JB side, it will benefit from RTS, Peter Lim and all.

http://www.ecgproperty.com/Project/ProjectDetail.aspx?pid=21

Yup JB side. Thank you Lastresort for helping to reply.
I don't know anything about the project except the sms info which I've received.
Just sharing info here with forumers who might be interested in condos.

lastresort

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yup JB side. Thank you Lastresort for helping to reply.
I don't know anything about the project except the sms info which I've received.
Just sharing info here with forumers who might be interested in condos.

sea facing condos are nice, I am sure those in JB like those in Danga Bay, Puteri Habour and this upcoming one is gonna be so luxury and redefine living in highrises, I had the chance to hear from the developer about this project in Bayu Ferringhi and it is one of my fav developments! =p

Aries

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have been following the earlier threads Living in JB and value the contributions by Wuqi and some others. Lots of good advices and tips on purchasing houses in JB, either from subsales or buying direct from developers. A big thank you to all...

I liked the houses in Nusa Idaman and have visited the sales office. I was attended to by Nur who was very accomodating and showed me around Precinct 8B that is near the lake. Beautiful houses with prices ranging from RM 525,000/-. I also viewed the Precinct 7B and immediately like the houses there which I was told is The Courtyard and is expected to be completed sometime towards the end of 2012. However, prices at Precinct 7B seem more costlier as the built up area is 24 x 80. Prices there range from RM 625,000. Now really comtemplating whether to commit myself to purchasing a house at Precinct 8B or Precinct 7B...

The Courtyard at Precinct 7B is situated more on the high ground beside the completed The Hills at Precinct 7A, which has all been sold. Just highlighting to all bros and sis that besides Precinct 8B, can also consider the houses at Precinct 7B. Last I heard from Nur was that there are some corner lots and intermediate ones with built up areas of 24 x 80 and 22 x 70 at The Courtyard.

Just sharing with all bros and sis that you can also request to view the Courtyard houses at Precinct 7B. There is a fully completed furnished courtyard house and one that is not renovated (showrooms) for viewing.

Just sharing with all bros and sis who are aspiring to have a second home in JB. Cheers...

maxpark

Alfrescian
Loyal
great info, interesting price. Will definitely check this out! =) It is featured in today's business times as well. =)

definitely pushing highrise prices to the limit, will be interesting to see how Sinapore standard it can get.

Interesting price?
... starting fm S$287psf or about M$700psf ya...
... 2Br 1151sft = starts from M$800k

Hmmm...

bimmernut

Hi bros and sisters,

I have been looking into buying a property in JB for some time now but having a hard time trying to sell my HDB. Will surely move over once I sell it.

i have been to most of the developments mentioned by some of you here including NI, HH, etc. I was one of the first few to see NI P8b a few days after they launch it and I could have chosen the prime units. Sadly, I was still stuck with my SG flat. I was aiming at lot 169591 which is at Jln Idaman 8/11 and I think someone from this forum bought it. Good choice! :smile:

Anyway, I just received an sms and this may interest those who are looking into condos especially Tropez@Danga Bay. I am NOT an agent so please don't flame me. Just sharing info like what many of you do.

Tropez Residences@Tropicana Danga Bay-due to overwhelming response, Block A is 85% sold. Block B is now open for sale. 7-8/1/2012 10-6pm.

Also saw the ad for Marina View in the Straits Times today. Didn't know its a Singaporean developer. This I believe is at Permas Jaya. I think this location is very convenient when the EDL is fully operational and its nearer to CIQ. But not as vibrant as Nusajaya or Danga area. However, I think the feel would be more residential compared to Tropez as the location where Tropez is consists of commercial, hotels, etc. which can be quite busy.

Anyway, I would still prefer landed anytime. So for now, I am hoping to quickly sell off my flat and join you guys who found and bought properties in JB soon.

Cheers

lastresort

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro interesting because we already bought other developments. Its interesting to see prices go higher and higher. My england not powerful, but I think u know what I mean. Cheers

Last edited:

maxpark

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro interesting because we already bought other developments. Its interesting to see prices go higher and higher. My england not powerful, but I think u know what I mean. Cheers

Hehe, it would have been interesting for me, if the prices were M$287psf instead of SGD... anyway, lets see the response.
Must say their timing, leveraging on positive cross-border sentiments is pretty good.

Btw who's the developer for this project?

Cheers bro.

lastresort

Alfrescian
Loyal
maxpark said:
Hehe, it would have been interesting for me, if the prices were M$287psf instead of SGD... anyway, lets see the response.
Must say their timing, leveraging on positive cross-border sentiments is pretty good.

Btw who's the developer for this project?

Cheers bro.

Its capital extension land. Not capitaland hehe. Maybe an extension of capland. Yep.. unless u r in buying mode. M287 would be good.

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
For HH, the land and built-up price per square foot for the same type of properties for the new launch are always higher than the previous launch.

So for the intermediate terrace, for example, how comes price per square foot (when looking at the lot size and built-up size) is cheaper in the Greens precinct (the newer launch) than at least the most recent two lauches of the Hills precinct.

Any Bros and Sis here have any comments?

Reporting LIVE from the horse' mouth:
I saw the plan today. This is a 22 x 100 ft house with one BR downstairs and 4 BR upstairs. Essentially it is a narrow and longish house, hence the 3410 sft built up. Legal fees for S&P and loan absorbed by developer, but nothing confirmed on MOT. No free golf membership... only some non-golf membership. House price expected to be 650k to 700k, corner land add 150k to 200k - that's what the Indian Sales lady told me. The biggest unit has land size 4419 sft => expecting price to be around 900k or slightly more. The biggest unit face west sun. Location: right beside Fairway Suites.

My Verdict: The Greens appear to me "Budget Range" HH house... but pricing does indicate a softening market

Last edited:

maxpark

Alfrescian
Loyal
Its capital extension land. Not capitaland hehe. Maybe an extension of capland. Yep.. unless u r in buying mode. M287 would be good.

Thanks, I pass... although I seem to have 'yuen' with Capitaland, all my properties in China in the past and now in Singapore too, were by Capland... some call it Crap-land! hehe... anyway, they're ok la, at least in China back then, peace of mind building wont collapse.

Plus I buy and keep their (crap) stocks! :smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.