• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 2 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord Aragorn

Alfrescian
Loyal
hillside said:
Hi curiouscat, well said!!

Everyone want cheap healthcare, cheap car, cheap house, less tax, high pay, less work, early retirement, less inflation, high GDP. If we can find a solution for all this, problem solved, simple as that, ha ha!! cheers!!!

Glad to see a range of balanced views, like that of curious cat.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
^^Huh...that's really a dichotomy. On the one hand, they said we should trust them to steer the ship we are on since they are the best of the best, meritocratically (in terms of salary, experience and education) yet on the other, we need to be independent and not rely on them all the time. Hmmm....:biggrin:

Haha they basically want to enjoy the power, authority and whatever benefits of being parents but do not want to take the responsibility of paying for the child who is expected to pay everything themselves.

On top of that, they play favourites to pit own children against each other and bring in some adopted children whom they indulge in and pay everything for so that these adopted children can vote them as Best Parents!

Last edited:

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Good stuff. I like raising money on the rich to drive cars in order to fund public transportation but your way would be fine. Just everyone has to pay more taxes (or higher fees for public transportation if you don't soak the rich who buy cars).

Strict policies on giving jobs to citizens first would be like most countries on earth (especially rich ones). There are drawbacks though.

I, personally, would like a system that lets you manage your retirement assets. If you wanted have 1/2 in some government fixed fund and let people manage the rest. I doubt it works to let people take it at 55. If the actuarial tables said it would work, I would be fine with it.

Glad to see people able to debate on arguments without starting on name calling or making character assassination.

You didn't answer whether you are a foreigner working in SG and from which country. But you are making comments about SG. I suppose you are a foreigner SPR working in SG since you personally would like a system that let you manage your retirement assets in SG.

Anyway, I hope by now you know what are the things that SG people want and are appreciative of the privilege and advantage of being a foreigner working in SG.

About the car quota system, there are many ways to skin a cat if the objective is to control car population as what the govt claimed, balloting is one way. Of course taxing the rich for their luxury cars is good provided the money collected is used and not accumulated as some reserves which go to don't know where. Btw public transport is also privatized in SG and are profitable corporations, so by right they should be self reliant and not using public money to fund their new buses/MRT.

Well, at least you acknowledge that strict policies on giving jobs to citizens first are like most countries on earth - probably your country of origin too - and not make wild accusation of it being some extravagant policy.

Last edited:

silvia

Alfrescian
Loyal
What about latest case of. $1000 fine while the other 6 mths imprisonment. Justice is fair for rich n famous.

I know which news you referring to.

A well-known plastic surgery doctor only fine $1000 when he is caught asking someone else to take his rap for his speeding case,

while other low-class-known nobody smelly smelly also 1-2weeks jail!!! WHAT A FAIR JUSTICE SYSTEM IN SMELLYPORE!

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Everyone want cheap healthcare, cheap car, cheap house, less tax, high pay, less work, early retirement, less inflation, high GDP. If we can find a solution for all this, problem solved, simple as that, ha ha!! cheers!!!

Fm ur list, to me healthcare utmost priority! Next roof top. Cars secondary.

A well-known plastic surgery doctor only fine $1000 when he is caught asking someone else to take his rap for his speeding case,

while other low-class-known nobody smelly smelly also 1-2weeks jail!!! WHAT A FAIR JUSTICE SYSTEM IN SMELLYPORE!

If such thing happen in Msia, would that thosai lady, ambiga, hold another demo?:rolleyes:

Last edited:

arsenal

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is clear.. The message from the society is are you rich? Good charactor or not doesnt matter here...if you are rich, you drive a ferrari and hit someone and MSM will still say you are a young and capable person.. You will be treated as their kind of Singaporean or part of the team.

If not, door is open for you to leave but your CPF must stay... simply because this is a so called meritocratic society.. These days how much money is considered rich? Maybe making a few millions per year can qualify to be of their kind...

Narmi

Alfrescian
Loyal

Its farrney rite cos i think and i am sure that the senior counsel fee who argues for his client case is muccch more than the 1k fine. Cld be his fee is 1k per 30 or 60mins.

avelc

Alfrescian
Loyal
Let's not forget the pledge... :*:

The National Pledge:
We, the citizens of Singapore,
pledge ourselves as one united people,
regardless of race, language or religion,
to build a democratic society
based on justice and equality
so as to achieve happiness, prosperity and
progress for our nation.

avelc

Alfrescian
Loyal
Luckily we have Nusajaya...

It is clear.. The message from the society is are you rich? Good charactor or not doesnt matter here...if you are rich, you drive a ferrari and hit someone and MSM will still say you are a young and capable person.. You will be treated as their kind of Singaporean or part of the team.

If not, door is open for you to leave but your CPF must stay... simply because this is a so called meritocratic society.. These days how much money is considered rich? Maybe making a few millions per year can qualify to be of their kind...

lakeview

Alfrescian
Loyal
What about latest case of. $1000 fine while the other 6 mths imprisonment. Justice is fair for rich n famous.

On surface thay might only fine $1k.
But those lawyer charges might cost up to $5k~10K.
Those rich are good in making the $ work for them, poor will have to work for the $.

spidey

Alfrescian
Loyal
On surface thay might only fine $1k.
But those lawyer charges might cost up to $5k~10K.
Those rich are good in making the $ work for them, poor will have to work for the $.

Aiyahhh...take the news with a pinch of salt lahhh..
maybe this publicity stint already coz him millions!! I for one, would not want to see a dr who do not hve integrity ..same as most of you right! :biggrin:

arsenal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Maybe the pledge will change..

We the xx of xxx,
pledge ours* as one united nation,
regardless of race, language or religions,
as long as you have lots of money will do...
xx xx xx

Let's not forget the pledge... :*:

Last edited:

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal
Glad to see a range of balanced views, like that of curious cat.

Ye, we always enjoy a balance views on those slanted policies. If not balance mainstream media will make it more balance lor. Example we have almost balanced votes of 40/60 but our voice is only 5% in parliament. Don’t need to talk so much, " what they are doing, heaven is watching “. You guys should think how to balance the view of the other 60% , most people in these forum can see things in a very reasonale way, otherwise we wont be staying in JB liao .

Last edited:

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
The govt can be accused of many things, but one thing it can never be faulted is its incredible ability to make money.

COE, land sales, ERP, CPF, HDB sales, and all kinds of business under the sun like SG Pools, SMRT, NTUC Fairprice..... "Uniquely Singapore" indeed! At an historic overall Govt low spending of 17% of GDP, buffered with an overwhelming majority in govt, the SG govt must be the stuff of every other govt's dream.....

And now the state investment arm is thinking of investing in troubled Europe under the great strategy devised by its Strategy Head. If the Strategy Head's investment record in Temasek is anything like that of his previous company, we will be in for a 'hell of a ride'!

arsenal

Alfrescian
Loyal
They are incredible in making money out of the peasants.. very unique..

The govt can be accused of many things, but one thing it can never be faulted is its incredible ability to make money.

COE, land sales, ERP, CPF, HDB sales, and all kinds of business under the sun like SG Pools, SMRT, NTUC Fairprice..... "Uniquely Singapore" indeed! At an historic overall Govt low spending of 17% of GDP, buffered with an overwhelming majority in govt, the SG govt must be the stuff of every other govt's dream.....

And now the state investment arm is thinking of investing in troubled Europe under the great strategy devised by its Strategy Head. If the Strategy Head's investment record in Temasek is anything like that of his previous company, we will be in for a 'hell of a ride'!

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.